PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official We Really Suck Thread

IcyPatriot

Wall of Fame
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
29 runs in 3 games....ouch!

In theory...any one of our starters could throw a 1 or 2 hitter for 7 innings and we still would need @7 runs to say it's a god bet we will win.

So...after this weekend I'm going with the TWO'FER METHOD.

For every run the opposition scores we need TWO'FER EACH RUN SCORED.

If they score 1...we need 2.
If they score 3...we need 6.
If they score 7...we need 14.

Yup...we need 2x for each x to rest easy and enjoy the game. Our Red Sox have become pathetic in the worst way at the wrong time.

So...we'll go on a run in September and get all excited...but we'll come up a few short...the few short we lost recently...and we could have gone .500 at least but 29 runs....I gotta hurl.

Last edited:
Uhh, I hate to be the bearer of even worse news, but its 39 runs in the last three games. I think its 29 walks though, that they've given up, If thats any consolation.

I am not a baseball expert by any means, so my opinion probably doesn't mean much......but with that being said........

Clearly the pitching is struggling BIG TIME right now........which tells me that neither Mirabelli or Lopez know how to call for pitches the way that Varitek did.

I may be alone in my thinking............but considering that Mirabelli has pretty much only caught Wakefield for how long and I admit I don't know much about Lopez's previos career somewhere else........I think this is part of where the problem lies.

And yes, the pitching is horrendous and pitchers do have to take blame for that............but I watch these games and wonder *what if* Tek was catching and calling for pitches.......would he be able to salvage some of these pitching performances.

Like I said.....I am certainly not an expert on the situation.....just my 2 cents.

Last edited:
Our Middle relief has been awful all year.......Theo the smug sits out the Trade deadline deals and instead crosses his fingers and hopes it will just get better. Then you have Beckett..................The guy had 2-3 good games early on......but most all of his wins have come from very favorable run support......................Then we throw all this money at him in a new cintract and the guy is just awful....This guy isn't a #4 for most teams.........He has allowed more runs then any pitcher in the Majors since April!!!!

The only consolation: At least the Yankee pitching sucks, too. They won't make it very far in the playoffs either.

But yeah, ugh. This feels like the old days. No lead is safe.

I gotta go get some Tums.

Like I said...it will turn around...we'll go on a hot streak..and it will be all good until we come up a game or 2 short.

I had a theory why we won the world series and I believe it more now than ever.

When down 3-0 in games to Yankees the team said screw everyone and just went out and played ball. I believe this team is overmanaged by the orginization which leads them to be very predictable. I still believe that to be true and it's a big problem because it hurts in the middle of every game when the oppositionm has figured it all out.

As bad as it is, I have no problem with Theo not making any trades before the deadline. What was he supposed to get, a quality pitcher? Name that pitcher and what young players you would have given up for that player. Not to mention, those players are usually free agents the following year. So, we don't make the playoffs this year, no one is getting by Detroit anyway. Next year, we'll have one more year of maturity for this group of kids who will be anchoring the Sox staff for the next decade. I can live with that and I still have the taste of campaign on my buds.

scout said:
What was he supposed to get, a quality pitcher? Name that pitcher and what young players you would have given up for that player.
Roy Oswalt. link
The deal was Lester, Hansen and Crisp to Atlanta for Andruw Jones and then the Sox would have flipped Jones to Houston for Roy Oswalt. But he wouldn't give up Lester and the deal fell apart.

So, where you stand on Theo not doing that deal really depends on where you stand on Jon Lester.

Last edited:
F.B.N. said:
Like I said...it will turn around...we'll go on a hot streak..and it will be all good until we come up a game or 2 short.

I had a theory why we won the world series and I believe it more now than ever.

When down 3-0 in games to Yankees the team said screw everyone and just went out and played ball. I believe this team is overmanaged by the orginization which leads them to be very predictable. I still believe that to be true and it's a big problem because it hurts in the middle of every game when the oppositionm has figured it all out.
they are losing because of bad bad pitching .its that simple .when they won in 04 there starters were going seven innings on a regular basis now except for schiling they cant get out of the fourth .then there is the bullpen that has been pathetic .hansen lester and delcarmen have been very disapointing to say the least and i for one am starting to question theos talent evauation skills .

Last edited:
Nikki said:
Clearly the pitching is struggling BIG TIME right now........which tells me that neither Mirabelli or Lopez know how to call for pitches the way that Varitek did.

I may be alone in my thinking............but considering that Mirabelli has pretty much only caught Wakefield for how long and I admit I don't know much about Lopez's previos career somewhere else........I think this is part of where the problem lies.

And yes, the pitching is horrendous and pitchers do have to take blame for that............but I watch these games and wonder *what if* Tek was catching and calling for pitches.......would he be able to salvage some of these pitching performances.
Lopez comes in with an awful reputation for calling games. It's apparently its the weakest part of his game. But I agreed, 'Tek is proving he was worth the money last offseason.
But, here's what is bothering me. The last series in Kansas City, Timlin came on and Javey Lopez essentially looked like he was introducing himself to Timlin for the first time. I have to wonder: what are these guys doing all day? I've been to Kansas City, there isn't that much to do. You would think they would sit down, have a meeting, talk about pitching strategy, something to at least be ready come game time.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back