PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official 'Trade Brady' Debate Thread - Do Not Start Another One

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Official Trade Brady Thread

Enough Already!

Cassel's done great for us, but Brady is irreplaceable.

Forget the numbers he put up last year, the clutch performances, all the wins and the Super Bowls. Everytime I see him walk out onto the field and the look in his eyes, I feel like there's no way the Pats are going to lose this game.

If we do make the playoffs, that is where we are going to see the true dropoff from Brady to Cassel. Hope I'm wrong but it's most likely.

"Everytime I see him walk out onto the field and the look in his eyes, I feel like there's no way the Pats are going to lose this game. "

I would agree with this ON EVERY GAME except.....last year's SB.....from the get-go he didn't seem like the regular Tom (of course come to find out he still had a bad ankle and a sports hernia.....oh and that $(%# BS about spygate that was started 2 days before SB by that fat tub of dog sh*t.....John TomASSH*LE.....)

I can't believe the level of people's stupidity in this forum. Why do you want to trade TB when he did a lot of things for this team? Some of you are CRAZY and COLD-BLOODED BASTARDS.

Last edited:

Trade Brady. Trade Brady? Oh, I get it, this is a thread about Fantasy Football...sure...yeah, I'd trade Brady for both Mannings and a Favre...how about you?

This is going here for one reason and one reason only. I understand there are some who want to speculate, some who were ready to kick him out in favor of O'Connell who now feel he should replace Brady, some who just want to trade Brady for the sake of seeing what the Pats would do with two #1 Picks. I get it. I don't agree with it, but I get it.

However THIS IS THE ONLY THREAD TO DO IT IN. Please keep them in THIS thread. Do not post NEW threads on this, there have been plenty of them as it is. If you post another one, it will get deleted. If you repeatedly attempt to post multiple ones, you will be penalized.

Also, keep the personal attacks to a minimum. By posting in this thread you realize that odds are pretty good that people are going to respond passionately and will likely be irritated. Needless to say keep it good natured, or again, you will be penalized.

I've reported you to Ian demanding that you be banned to the Practice Squad.

I can't believe the level of people's stupidity in this forum. Why do you want to trade TB when he did a lot of things for this team? Some of you are CRAZY and COLD-BLOODED BASTARDS.

So much for civility.
Call me "stupid" but as a GM I would be interested in what another team might give me for Tom Brady. While I am pleased with the three Superbowl wins that Tom helped bring to NE, I know that our defense is porous and is not worthy of another Superbowl, no matter who's at QB. Our fans would be upset, but most would get over it after we hoisted the next Lombardi. Defense wins championships and we do not have a legitimate one. A blockbuster trade in which gives us a shutdown defense to go along with a QB 5 years younger and less miles then Tom (with similar stats per games played) gives us the best chance to win a championship.

Note: I do not want to trade Brady. I would however like to hear what would be available. For that I guess I'm 'stupid'.

This talk wont die down till Cassel is signed or we hear from Brady how healthy he really is... My guess by March 14th this will all be over, when Cassel signs with the Chiefs or Niners..

in the mean time .. Matt Cassel is the QB for the 2008 Pats and that is far as it goes right now..

Last edited:

You Patriot fans are rediculous for even starting this thread. However just to add my 2 cents.

I do not think Cassell will be going anywhere this off season. Brady might take more then a year to be back and Cassell will be there ready at the start of the season.

If he gets off to a fast start I can see them holding Brady until Cassell starts to struggle.

I can also see the Devil, aka Bellicheck, throwing Brady out on his ass if Cassell win's the SB this year. Brady would then be picked up by the Jets and proceed to have a horrible rest of his career.

This talk wont die down till Cassel is signed or we hear from Brady how healthy he really is... My guess by March 14th this will all be over, when Cassel signs with the Chiefs or Niners..

in the mean time .. Matt Cassel is the QB for the 2008 Pats and that is far as it goes right now..

who started this stupid talk.

cassel hasn't won one playoff game. he could be just another aj feely(who was traded for what draft choice by the way?)

whoever started the trade tom thread is uneducated as a football fan

The fact that this thread is even necessary, speaks volumes about how truly strange this world is.
I don't know what else to say.
It's just crazy.
Where's keegs? I need to hear his opinion on this.

I really was starting to enjoy watching him develop and become a good quarterback, without any strings attached. It's a unique situation that let's face it, plenty of other teams would love to be able to go through in light of losing their star QB for the season.

I for one believe that if Carson Palmer can come back and play at a high level (let's face it, his head is the reason he's played poorly, not his knee - not to mention the misfits on his team :rolleyes:) I feel confident we'll see Brady work his way back from this. Unless the infection in his knee would be enough to raise concerns over his career, I don't see any scenario in which Brady isn't back on this team next season.

I have to say reading all this talk surprised me, and it's really too bad that people can't just enjoy the season for what it's been...an interesting ride.

I really was starting to enjoy watching him develop and become a good quarterback, without any strings attached. It's a unique situation that let's face it, plenty of other teams would love to be able to go through in light of losing their star QB for the season.

I for one believe that if Carson Palmer can come back and play at a high level (let's face it, his head is the reason he's played poorly, not his knee - not to mention the misfits on his team :rolleyes:) I feel confident we'll see Brady work his way back from this. Unless the infection in his knee would be enough to raise concerns over his career, I don't see any scenario in which Brady isn't back on this team next season.

I have to say reading all this talk surprised me, and it's really too bad that people can't just enjoy the season for what it's been...an interesting ride.

I fee; exactly the same way. I agree with every word of this.

I got it!!!!

Let's trade Brady to the...

RATS!

that would really convolute this whole sordid mess

Last edited:

I got it!!!!

Let's trade Brady to the...

RATS!

that would really convolute this whole sordid mess

Best post of the night!!!

Good work!!

I would like to trade Brady.

I can't think of any number of draft picks or players that would make it a fair deal though.

Its Tom effin Brady man.

I want him for another 10 years.

As best I can tell, Dallas got 3 #1s and 3 #2s from Minnesota. Lets start with that.
Or lets say BB could get the three best Defensive starters from a worthy team. ILB. SS. DE.

the question that is interesting is this -- is that amount of compensation worth more than the difference between having MC on the field instead of TB.

think about it. stop ranting. think.

i guarantee that if MC continues to progress, Mr BB and SP are definitely thinking about it. they have shown NO QUALMS in doing what is best for the team, regardless of fan loyalties.

note above - i am NOT saying it will happen, nor that it should happen, but IF MC continues to progress, the possibility of the largest trade in NFL history becomes less theoretic.

:disagreement: :D

Right! Let's trade Tom Brady! :rolleyes:

Cassell has yet to even win one playoff game!

who started this stupid talk.

cassel hasn't won one playoff game. he could be just another aj feely(who was traded for what draft choice by the way?)

whoever started the trade tom thread is uneducated as a football fan

Its the damn if we do and damn if dont type of senerio...

Cassel plays so bad we fall to a 7-9 season , and we would be talkin Draft right now, and cant wait for Brady to come back

Cassel doing what he does now , and now they are sizing up a jacket in canton for a guy that 90 percent of this board wanted cut..

Again lets enjoy the season Matt Cassel is the QB of the 2008 .. again 2008 Pats.. that is it.. Brady will come back better than ever next yr, and if all the pieces in place for another mvp type year.. I want another sb for tom brady...

Its the damn if we do and damn if dont type of senerio...

Cassel plays so bad we fall to a 7-9 season , and we would be talkin Draft right now, and cant wait for Brady to come back

Cassel doing what he does now , and now they are sizing up a jacket in canton for a guy that 90 percent of this board wanted cut..

Again lets enjoy the season Matt Cassel is the QB of the 2008 .. again 2008 Pats.. that is it.. Brady will come back better than ever next yr, and if all the pieces in place for another mvp type year.. I want another sb for tom brady...

I'll admit I wanted Cassel cut. I never would have thought we'd have a strong offense and week defense at this point in the season

BLASPHEMY!!!!!!

Don't you know that it is written: "He shall be made to suffer injured reserve and be out for a season. Tom shall pass, Tom shall fall, Tom shall rise again!"

Tom Brady is my Quarterback I shall not want!

He taketh us fans to Bowls Super, He leadeth the league in years past!

He restoreth his knee and shall leadeth the Pats of Righteousness for his team's sake!

Yea, though we walk through the valley of the shadow of Jets, I will fear no evil: for thou art with us, thy backup and wide receivers they comfort me.

Thou preparest a comeback before me in the presence of thine enemies! Our cups runneth over!

Surely greatness and no-mercy shall follow you all the days of your career: and I will dwell in the house of TOM BRADY for ever!

CAN I HEAR AN AMEN????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back