Welcome to PatsFans.com

The official Tom Menino thread

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Titus Pullo, Jul 21, 2010.

1. Titus Pullo

Titus Pullo Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I would like to dedicate this thread to all things Mumbles, a shining beacon of light in an otherwise vapid political wasteland.

I'd vote for this guy for president, immediately. If for nothing else than the pure entertainment value.

So, I will start this volley off with the best Mayor Menino quote ever (and that's saying something):

“Havlicek stole the ball, Fisk waiving the ball fair, Flutie launching the Hail Mary pass, Varitek splitting the uprights.”
    with video goodness

(because Menino quotes are usually about bizarre phonetics, feel free to sound it out)
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2010
  2. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +20 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

Well...huhhh huhh huh...here they...could you repeat the question?...huhhh huhh
    oh yeah...Oh this is about menino huhhh huhhh huh :singing:
  3. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

From a distance, Menino reminds me of the consummate old time ward politician.. it is not about how smart you are, but how politically savvy you are.. and knowing who your friends are.
  4. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +249 / 3 / -2

The guys a moron. He's helped make the city of Boston one of the most expensive in the country to live in. Like my buddy says, the guys an embarassment. I've met him twice in my life, and he seems like a nice man. He's just clueless when it comes to running a city efficiently. Tax, raise fees, tax...
  5. efin98

efin98 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

All that and timing his moves just right...knowing when to get the right job at the right time and getting the right words spoken in the right peoples ears.

Think that had his predecessor as City Council President Chris Ianella not died in 1992 opening up him to take that job we may never have had Mumbles as mayor in the first place.
  6. efin98

efin98 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Mantra for all city and town mayors though...just push it onto the state, they will foot the bill :rolleyes: