PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official "Talking Ourselves Into Sebastian Vollmer" thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
Can we call him Der Vollmersar?

Make it "Die Vollmeister" and you have a deal.

Hehe agreed. Die Vollmeister it is, as long as you are not saying that because you don't like the pick. I seriously believe that he is going to be something special. There is no other reason for BB taking him that early, if you look at that video that was posted it says that he was climbing the draft over the last few weeks.

I hope this Sebastian is as good as that Raiders kicker Janikowski with the same wacky first name

I can see the Patriots pro shop getting ready to print and sell the SeaBass shirts as he is nicknamed at the U of Houston

Dude I was like WTF when we made the pick and now I can see why we made it. I think he could become our starting left tackle over time but more realistically he will be playing RT for us. He has amazing footwork for a big man. You gotta love a German with a southern draw.lol

Well, with all the ammo and the picks, why not a small trade up for Max Unger or Connor Barwin, don't you find much more value there ? It would only have cost a 5th or 6th to do it. How about the much higher rated Beatty at that point ?

The Pats obviously didn't have Beatty rated higher or they would have taken him. Forget about the pundits mocks or rankings when it comes to the Patriots picks. The Pats have their own scouting system and build their own draftboard. The relative rankings of the pundits has no relation to the Pats own value system.

Most of us have heard about all of these guys except maybe for Vollmer. Big deal? Nope. We've seen plenty of headscratchers that turned out to make sense for the Pats in the end. How about Seymour over Terrell? Ok more recent, how about Mayo over Rivers?

The Pats know what they're doing. It's just that armchair GMs like to think they know more than the Pats. ;) I know the Pats have made mistakes in the draft but they are right more often than not.

Last edited:
Make it "Die Vollmeister" and you have a deal.

Hehe agreed. Die Vollmeister it is, as long as you are not saying that because you don't like the pick. I seriously believe that he is going to be something special. There is no other reason for BB taking him that early, if you look at that video that was posted it says that he was climbing the draft over the last few weeks.

"Die" is feminine. Make it the masculine: Der Vollmeister.

I like tha fact that his accent combines Germany and Texas. Don't get that too often.

Voll means total or full in German.

You guys are calling him the Total-Master???!!!

Voll means total or full in German.

You guys are calling him the Total-Master???!!!

Actually, I'm calling him "Seabass." lol. This guy's a physical freak with a high ceiling so I think in a few years we are going to be very happy that we got him.

Q: What was your contact with the Patriots prior to the Draft?
SV: Coach [Dante] Scarnecchia came down to Houston and he worked me out. So I got to know him and we talked for a little bit. That was pretty much my contact.
seems they did some more homework on him

Well, with all the ammo and the picks, why not a small trade up for Max Unger or Connor Barwin, don't you find much more value there ? It would only have cost a 5th or 6th to do it. How about the much higher rated Beatty at that point ?

How much time did you spend scouting the players? I'm sure based on your extensive knowledge of all the players available that your ranking is more accurate than BB's

If he talks like Arnold Schwarzenegger that'll be a big plus...

He's certainly a very big man...... Dante likes him, I like him!

Welcome to the New England Patriots Sebastion! :cool:

I'm very excited about this pick. A fellow German getting drafted in the second round and playing for my favourite team.

I'll go for "Full Ocean" as the translation of his last name.

On the substance, a scouting report that says he's quick on his feet/apt to become good at pulling makes me feel better about him, whether at RT or inside.

NFL Draft - CBSSports.com Football

Personally, I'm pretty happy about the pick. I have been increasingly unhappy with Matt Light and view this kid as the most-likely successor . . . hopefully sooner rather than later. I really hope he can pick up the NFL game quickly.

Well, it wouldnt be a BB draft if he didnt give us a surprise. For those that are questioning the reach. Remember, its not a reach if you are getting the guy you want, and he becomes a successful player. Its ok though, i realize there's alot of people on here that know more then BB :rolleyes:

He could be the 'Barwin' of the tackle group with a short playing career thus far but huge upside

Dante obviously loved him ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back