PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

**The official Super Bowl thread. **

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is where the one-gapping really hurts the Packers D. Once they get tied up by the kick out block, second level block, they are out of the play, just like that. That's why the 2 gap has it's benefits.. as a defensive player, you are never out of the play, as long as you exhibit proper shed techniques.

I almost wish Collinsworth was announcing this game just to see how he'd try to say Rapelisberger is playing well.

What is up with GB's lack of pressure.... gotta take advantage of Pitt's line or Rapist will pick you apart

Interested in seeing if Capers can get the restraint to have Matthews contain.

How would he do that if he doesn't know how to shed?

What is up with GB's lack of pressure.... gotta take advantage of Pitt's line or Rapist will pick you apart

They just want to contain him, make him stay in the pocket. They are playing the % here, and hoping that Ben's lousy comp % is going to be the dealbreaker here.

2 picks for ben :rocker:

They just want to contain him, make him stay in the pocket. They are playing the % here, and hoping that Ben's lousy comp % is going to be the dealbreaker here.

Good call. Worked that time!! :D

You'd think more teams would do this....force Big Ben to be a pocket passer and he's not that good.

This week someone started a thread asking if Rapistberger was an Elite QB. I don't ever want to see Rothlesberger and Elite in the same sentence again

Last edited:
This week someone started a thread asking if Rapistberger was an Elite QB. I don't ever want to see Rothlesberger and Elite in the same sentence again

Games not over. Once they officially get trounced we can say that.

Jennings put the team on his back.

You'd think more teams would do this....force Big Ben to be a pocket passer and he's not that good.

It's a matter of playing the numbers- if you do that, you open up the run game, if you cover the run game, you leave the secondary exposed.

The reason the Packers have succeeded in containing the pocket is because they are up by so many now that Pittsburgh has abandoned their run game which I mentioned earlier was going to leave them pretty screwed and that is what we are seeing now.

Shove it, Hampton. That's what you get for Spygate comments.

Games not over. Once they officially get trounced we can say that.

x2

Let's not jinx anything right now. Alot can happen in 32 minutes of football. GB can't let up.

Rodgers though is on pace for his first SBMVP, hope he keeps up.

And we see here the max protect and no run game. Packers should have been in their nickel or dime but weren't and they pay with that long comp.

Hopefully during this ad, they sub in the nickel or dime.

Sucks the Pats played like hell in that divisional game. At least the Pats matchup with GB and can generate more than broken plays. Ugh. Woulda been a great game.

that would be me...........and i agree on the sentiment that he isnt a elite qb ,he never was, it was sickening to watch espn mediots today compare him to brady (they even went ahead and put him ahead of manning and on level with brady)

I bet you everything I have in my wallet that Rodgers studied Brady's ability to eat up that cover 2 scheme.

We're seeing a lot of that tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back