PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

**The official Super Bowl thread. **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Green Asphalt at Cowboys Stadium

It seemed to me that there were entire swatches of the field that were a different consistency than other parts of the field. For example, the turf between the 43 yard lines seemed to be just different than the turf surrounding it.

Maybe I was just hallucinating (again). Or maybe it is something that wasn't any big deal.

It seemed to me that there were entire swatches of the field that were a different consistency than other parts of the field. For example, the turf between the 43 yard lines seemed to be just different than the turf surrounding it.

Maybe I was just hallucinating (again). Or maybe it is something that wasn't any big deal.

I noticed it as well.. 2-tone color and some slipping around. I'm not sure if it was any harder than most artificial surfaces. But it did seem like an unusual amount of injuries. Maybe guys were just playing with reckless abandon or maybe there was something not right about it. It is a shame though if it's just a crappy playing surface on a 1.5 billion dollar stadium during the biggest event of the year and the most watched TV broadcast ever.

What ticks me off is that there is an almost total media blackout on this issue. So much so that the weak-minded among the fans (including some on this forum) don't think there is an issue.

However the players know and the owners are hoping to ignore the issue. Ever notice how the Patriots quietly replaced their green concrete and put down a surface that is much better and notice how they did it ahead of schedule; they knew that they were endangering the players. Gillette is not as good as grass but much better than it was.

Cowboys Stadium is a disgrace but the milquetoasts in the press dare not say it. At least Peter King had this to say about the things he did not like about the SB:

"g. The stadium turf. Slippery, hard, harsh."

Fred- Your ramblings are ridiculous. The Pats never had "green concrete" as you put it. They've used the same company for their turf and they upgraded to the newest style when it came out.

Seriously, this idea of yours that Cowboys Stadium is a disgrace is just laughable.

I find it funny you mention Peter King when he still harps on stuff about the Pats that happened years ago that has no bearing on today. As if Peter King saying it somehow gives you credibility.

Plus, it's not easy to grow grass in a dome.

If they can grow pot in a house they can grow grass in a dome.

I also agree with this:
The Turf at Football stadiums needs to be a managed decision by the League. There needs to be 1 approved official turf product, and one approved natural turf style. Period.

If a new company comes out with the new product, they will have to convince a college team to try their turf and showcase it to the NFL. Why do they allow so many variations of field surfaces always boggled my mind.

Last edited:

The variations in field surface likely have more to do (at least with grass) with what species of grass will do well in each environment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back