PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The official "Summarize Into A Few Words What BB Will Say at Press Conference" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOT64

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Regarding Rodney

I say he says...

"It is what it is"
OR
"Rodney has our support and we commend him for telling the truth"

Re: The official "Summarize Into A Few Words What BB Will Say at Press Conference" th

something along the lines of ........

Rodney's actions are regrettable, and he will pay for his mistake. We will welcome Rodney back when his suspension is over, but until then, we have 53 guys who are concentrating on football.

Re: The official "Summarize Into A Few Words What BB Will Say at Press Conference" th

I don't think 'day to day' will work. How about 'month to month'.

This seem like an excellent occasion for "I'll talk about the guys who are here."

Rodney has our full support,but I'm not going to talk about a player whos not here.

It is what it is

I'm only going to talk about the players who are here

I can't comment on a league investigation

Let's discuss my first handshake of the year with Eric Mangini instead ;)

It is what it is

Heheh, lol! That sounds about right.

Outstanding!

Iam not going to comment on that.

doubt he will say anything else.

This seem like an excellent occasion for "I'll talk about the guys who are here."

Yup.

I think the questions will come in three categories:

1) Questions about the effect on football on the field, in which case BB will give the above answer.

2) Questions about the transgression, which will draw no comment, other than perhaps a reference that the league has spoken and the team accepts the suspension.

3) Questions about whether it's a "distraction," which is just a reporter trying to find another way to ask question 2 even though he knows it will piss BB off, and this will draw the most entertaining nonresponses.

Yep thats my guess too.

That is just what I was thinking, that and "We're just trying to get ready for the Jets."

How about:

"Well we've know about this for a week, which directly correlates it with getting Samuel back in camp even though we had to cave and set a precedent which will forever ruin any and all future free agent dealings. We figured we should have at least one player in the secondary worth a damn.

Also this gave us some more motivation to getting Meriweather in at safety, considering he'll be getting a lot of playing time now.

Frankly I don't care what our players do as long as I get more super bowl rings which will add to my HOF legacy. We're just lucky Brady didn't get caught. We dodged a bullet there."

There's some great stuff in here but I just have a sneaky feeling Belichick will interject his great respect for Harrison's career which expressing his disappointment in the situation. Just a gut feeling that he'll support Harrison a little more directly.

How about:

"Well we've know about this for a week, which directly correlates it with getting Samuel back in camp even though we had to cave and set a precedent which will forever ruin any and all future free agent dealings. We figured we should have at least one player in the secondary worth a damn.

Also this gave us some more motivation to getting Meriweather in at safety, considering he'll be getting a lot of playing time now.

Frankly I don't care what our players do as long as I get more super bowl rings which will add to my HOF legacy. We're just lucky Brady didn't get caught. We dodged a bullet there."

Which Brady are you referring to?...the injured Kyle or Tom?

It is what it is

Im with you! nail on the head!
it is what it is. we don't deal with it. it's a league issue. let's talk about the players that are here.

q: bill did you know about rodney using hgh???
bb: I can't comment that, it's a league issue.

Which Brady are you referring to?...the injured Kyle or Tom?

I meant Tom, but the entire post was a joke if you couldn't tell. Too soon??

"If you ain't cheatin', you ain't tryin', after all, it IS the PATRIOT WAY!"

Last edited:

I meant Tom, but the entire post was a joke if you couldn't tell. Too soon??

No,I knew it was a joke..even through my depression tonight :(,but you could have taken it 2 ways with Kyle's comeback from his injury to possibly playing soon

Last edited:

There's some great stuff in here but I just have a sneaky feeling Belichick will interject his great respect for Harrison's career which expressing his disappointment in the situation. Just a gut feeling that he'll support Harrison a little more directly.

Good call.

He'll describe it as a bad thing in a good career.

And he'll use a variation of his "We all have plays we'd like to take back" mantra, tweaked to fit this situation.

And he'll look forward to getting past it and having Rodney back, but very briefly, because mainly he'll be focused on the next game. Certainly he's doing very little in the way of thinking about four games out, beyond the whole-season planning he already did in training camp. And he'll make those points in fewer words than I used.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes