PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Round 1 2013 NFL Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
i agree with this mostly...worst draft in 10 years most are saying. Why i wanted them to get more proactive in getting a WR!

I thought WR was basically one of only a couple positions where this draft doesn't suck.

wow eric fisher the #1 overall pick? i mean i think he has the potential to be studly but you'd think they would try to trade down. chiefs trying to go safe with the #1 overall pick i guess...

"Guess he hasn't been traded. RT @kguregian: Ryan Mallett just walked into Vince Wilfork's draft party"

If Mallett is traded, he probably won't be traded until tomorrow. The fact he is at the stadium might actually increase the likelihood of him getting traded. If he is being actively shopped, the Pats might want him close.

why does it take 5 min when the pick is in to announce it?

Jordan for the Jags I reckon.

.0001% chance of that happening

You mean like last year? With the new CBA, don't dismiss the potential of the Pats trading up often especially in a bad draft.

i agree with this mostly...worst draft in 10 years most are saying. Why i wanted them to get more proactive in getting a WR!

BS. This draft isn't nearly as bad as 2007 was.

You mean like last year? With the new CBA, don't dismiss the potential of the Pats trading up often especially in a bad draft.

You mean like last year with two 1st round picks?

Say what you want about the Pats drafting but look at what the Jags have taken the last 5 years in the 1st. The Patriots usually don't miss there and they are always picking lower than JAX.

wow eric fisher the #1 overall pick? i mean i think he has the potential to be studly but you'd think they would try to trade down. chiefs trying to go safe with the #1 overall pick i guess...

They took it down on the clock pretty far. I bet there were no takers. Fisher just steam rolled up the draft boards the last 2 months.

Good pick by Jville. Personally I think he is the more polished of the 2 with the upside going to Fisher. Gabbert still sucks and I don't care how much protection they give him.

They are bare bones for draft picks..won't happen this year

lets see how the raiders can screw this up

2nd overall pick on someone who's going to play right tackle for them? Stupid.

Commence the Dion Jordan mega slide.

I wouldn't be surprised if Oakland trades down and Geno Smith is the pick..

who had the fastest 40? that's the pick

Was it Austin? I bet it's Hayden they take.

wow nfln is really giving it to the raiders.... the players picked right after the raiders the last couple years? aaron rogers, megatron, fitzgerald, wow shoot yourself oakland

They are bare bones for draft picks..won't happen this year

If they hate this year's draft, they might decide they don't need to draft players they don't feel will make the team. I think the Pats are stacked with young players, I don't know if they are as concerned with bringing in 5-7 picks over 3-4 guys who might make an immediate impact. The fact they have hit on so many picks in the last three years give them some flexibility to come out of this draft with only a handful of players if they get the guys they want.

With the Pats, you never know what they are going to do. I wouldn't be shocked if they traded away most of their picks into 2014 picks or they trade all their picks to get high in the first round. Doubtful, but I wouldn't be shocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back