PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Rank the last 3 QBs thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kid~Brady

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I know that there was a thread shedding light on how Faulk chose Brady as the number 1 on this year's list, but what do you think?

Rank Brady, Brees and Rodgers.

Can't lie, I personally think Rodgers should be # 1 this year, he earned it. Then Brady, then Brees. Brees may get a leg up since he broke Marino's record first.

Can't wait to see this tonight!

Last edited:
Brady and Rodgers are definitely one and two, IMO. Not sure which one I'd take, at this point- if it's a long term question, Rodgers on account of age, but Brady is one year removed from the only unanimous MVP in NFL history, and he finally has receivers who can threaten the edges for the first time since 2009. Tough call.

No it's not really a tough call. Brady, see that is really easy.

Brady should be first on the list, but wont be. I think he will come in third.

3. Brady - Would have walked away witht he number 1 spot but for a dropped pass by Wes

2. Rodgers - The best of the young QB's in the league.

1. Brees - He broke Marino's single season passing record this year. The football media has been riding his jock all off season proclaiming how great he is and why he deserves a huge contract.

Lets face it Brady has been the most successful quarterback in the league over the last decade. No other quarterback can come close to his accomplishments. However, since 2007 there has been no hardware to go with his stats and records. Thats why he doesnt get the number 1 spot.

They all tie.

Brady - great regular season stats, fairly consistent playoff choker.
Rodgers - amazing regular season stats, extremely consistent playoff choker.
Brees - stat padding dome baby.

Last edited:
They all tie.

How the hell do you choke your way to 5 super bowl appearances and 3 rings?

They all tie.

Brady's current playoff record:
16-6

Montana's final playoff record:
16-7

Peyton's current playoff record:
9-10

Eli's current playoff record:
8-3

Favre's final playoff record:
13-11

Rodgers' current playoff record:
5-2

Brees' current playoff record:
5-4

Claiming Brady's a choker is just ridiculous.

sarcasm, people.

Brady should be first on the list, but wont be. I think he will come in third.

3. Brady - Would have walked away witht he number 1 spot but for a dropped pass by Wes

2. Rodgers - The best of the young QB's in the league.

1. Brees - He broke Marino's single season passing record this year. The football media has been riding his jock all off season proclaiming how great he is and why he deserves a huge contract.

Lets face it Brady has been the most successful quarterback in the league over the last decade. No other quarterback can come close to his accomplishments. However, since 2007 there has been no hardware to go with his stats and records. Thats why he doesnt get the number 1 spot.

There is no way Brees stacks up with Brady or Rodgers. He plays all of his games in pristine weather, is average outside of his dome, gets a gigantic chunk of yards from dump off passes to Sproles, and has had the most weapons of any starting QB in the league.

Here is my top 10, regardless of the players that have already been listed:

10. Jason Pierre-Paul
9. Rob Gronkowski
8. Larry Fitzgerald
7. Haloti Ngata
6. Ed Reed
5. Drew Brees
4. Darelle Revis
3. Calvin Johnson
2. Tom Brady
1. Aaron Rodgers

Brees should be last.

I think age shouldn't factor into the discussion as longevity isn't really a factor. Its a question of who is the best player in the league today, not who would you rather have on your team today. Still, trying to be objective I have a hard time between Brady-Rodgers even though the homer side of me would take Brady.

1. Rodgers
2. Brady
3. Brees

I wouldn't trade Brady for Rodgers but let's be realistic here, he was superior last year.

I feel like Rodgers' ability to run adds a dimension to his game that significantly helps him and his team make plays. Rodgers seems the more complete player for that reason. Mind you, Brady did seem to have learned a little bit of that last year.

I'll take Brady, Brees, Rodgers in any order thanks. Three elite QBs and imo out on their own.

I thought Brady had a better year than Rodgers and Brees, given how terrible the Pats D was, the defenses he had to play (the schedule did get lousy towards the end, but those teams were much better than their record) and the fact Brady didn't have a legit running game or deep threat and he still broke Marino's record, playing in outdoor conditions, with half the talent at WR and while throwing the ball like 100 times less than Brees.

1.Brady
2.Brees
3.Rodgers

I won't be shocked if Calvin Johnson isn't #1. I won't be shocked if Brady comes in at #10 or #9 either. They won't have all three QBs in the top 3 and by media,fan and players(who hates Brady and the Pats anyway)response, Brady will likely be ranked third place among those losers.

i think brady will be ranked 4th on the top 100 list.

My predidction of the remaining players:

1. Rodgers
2. Brees
3. Calvin Johnson
4. brady

Tom comes in at #4.

underrated!

Wow, shocked.

I thought he'd def be 2 or 3

You gotta be kidding me, #4? At least 3, he's still the best QB in the league.

June 27, 2012 @ 10:00 pm EST

<ring>

Tom Brady: Hello?

Responding voice: Hey, Tom, it's Rodney Harrison.

Tom Brady: Hey, Rodney, what's up?

Rodney Harrison: Well, Tom, I just thought you should know that the players think you're losing it.

Tom Brady: Rodney, what the hell are you talking about?

Rodney Harrison: Tom, you know that top 100 ranking thing, right?

Tom Brady: Well, I've been hearing about it, but Giselle and I've been working on #3 a lot, so.....

Rodney Harrison: Tom, they've got you behind both Brees and Rodgers.

Tom Brady: Son of a #$#%! Well, that's not so bad, I guess. Those guys are great quarterbacks.

Rodney Harrison: Yeah but, Tom, brace yourself.

Tom Brady: What? What is it, Rodney? Quit screwing around and tell me!

Rodney Harrison: Tom, they've got you behind a wide receiver. I'm sorry, Tom, but they've got you behind Calvin Johnson.

Tom Brady: Are you ******* kidding me? I'm a ******* quarterback! They've got me behind some guy who runs fast, and I'm breaking down entire defenses in a split second? ************* ******* thought 5235 was something. Wait until they see me shoving that ball up their ass for about 19 games this year. *************!

Rodney Harrison: I feel you, Tom. I just thought you should know, for when the reporters ask you about it.

Tom Brady: Thanks, Rodney. I'll have the Belichick-speak ready for the reporters. There are some NFL players that are going to feel my cleats up their asses, though, by the time this season's over.

Rodney Harrison: You do what you've got to, Tom. Hey, I've got to run.

Tom Brady: Yeah, thanks Rodney. I'll talk to you soon.

<click>

Rodney Harrison (to self): Heh heh..... mission accomplished.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey