PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Pats/Jets Postgame Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was the worst offensive game plan I have seen from this team in years. Brady looked timid out there today. If he continues to play like this he mind as well just retire. I'm pissed from this effort and just broke my remote. ****

Of course the Jets and their fans went nuts, they've been dominated by the Patriots for the last decade. There were no bad calls on our behalf, If anything the worst call was the PF on Bart Scott. When you have no pass rush which has been soft for the past few season (even with Seymour) eventually it catches up with you. The Pats had 3 trips to the red zone in the first half and couldn't get it done. And all the holding, false start, and DELAY OF GAME penalties made me feel like I was watching my college team against South Carolina last night (at least they were expected to lose that game). Special teams was garbage especially when Leon Washington was continuing to bring the ball out to the 30-40 yard line. Honesty, where was Adalius Thomas and Derrick Burgess? Banta-Cain has been our best pass rusher this season so far. Honesty, I'd like to see Colvin back at this point. And Brady....looks rattled and it shows with the inaccurate passes. Galloway has also been a very big disappointment. Wish they used Taylor more as well. So frustrating but I think they'll bounce back against Atlanta next week. I give credit to the Jets D especially the pass rush and Revis. Sanchez should play with a ton more confidence after a win like that. I'll be looking forward to November 22nd eagerly now.

My thoughts:

1) Damn! Now I have to listen to the horns honking here all night....

2) The Jets played well on both sides of the ball. Props to them and their game planning.

3) No panic, though. The 2009 Pats are a great team with a lot of moving pieces that have yet to sort themselves out; Brady is still getting in sync himself and with the offense; the D is still gelling with some very familiar faces missing; we had two big players off the field with injuries today in Mayo and Welker. We still win the Division.

4) Let's not go low class and blame the refs. We had three trips to the red zone in the first half and could have put this game virtually out of reach. The two challenges went Belichick's way and against Rex.

5) I'm as disappointed in our Special Teams play in terms of field position as I am in our Offense. The D only gave up 16 points.

6) A suggestion to those of you who are thinking about making a "this team is not good" doom and gloom post: take a walk, think about it...you'll just embarrass yourselves.

7) It's a long season.

Last edited:
So, for example, a post analyzing a specific player would be OK?

Yes - that would be fine as long as it's done constructively. Let's try and keep our heads and be the same knowledgable group that we've come to expect here.

this game had nothing to do with the offensive game plan. the oline didnt block anyone so they couldnt even run any real plays. you dont design plays to be thrown off the qbs back foot with a guy in his face. beating the blitz is alot harder when you have a rookie in place of welker.

Agree, but please go to YOUR Jet board and stop sucking up space. The Jets won one freaking game...let it go.

Let what go?...Not here dancing on graves. Just talking football. This is a classy board, try to keep it that way.

That was the worst offensive game plan I have seen from this team in years. Brady looked timid out there today. If he continues to play like this he mind as well just retire. I'm pissed from this effort and just broke my remote. ****

Come on.. retire??
Geez, talk about over reaction

I cant wait to hear what BB has to say about this one.

He'll say, "the Jets played well, made plays. We didn't play well and have a lot of work to do to prepare for Atlanta."

Yeah right the jets kicked the Pats asses on both sides of the ball.

+1
Jets are a better team the Pats right now, give them credit. Brady isn't anywhere near on the same page as any of his receivers, except for Moss at times.

MayoClinic talked about his rather having a balanced offensive attack than the offense of 2007 and I couldn't agree more. No way we even make the tournament this year unless we establish a bruising ground game. WTF is Maroney even doing out on the field? Sammy Morris is hardly being used and should take overy Maroney's role.

All things considered the defense did okay today. Before the season I talked about AD being the only real playmaker on D, but today we had none. I'd rather see Rodney or Vrabel getting torched in the secondary now and then but showing leadership and being able to come up and make a big play when needed to what we have now.

Count me as one who, while not specifically bashing the Seymour trade, thinks that BB's thinking about the "long term future of the franchise" is misguided.

Last edited:
Of course the Jets and their fans went nuts, they've been dominated by the Patriots for the last decade. There were no bad calls on our behalf, If anything the worst call was the PF on Bart Scott. When you have no pass rush which has been soft for the past few season (even with Seymour) eventually it catches up with you. The Pats had 3 trips to the red zone in the first half and couldn't get it done. And all the holding, false start, and DELAY OF GAME penalties made me feel like I was watching my college team against South Carolina last night (at least they were expected to lose that game). Special teams was garbage especially when Leon Washington was continuing to bring the ball out to the 30-40 yard line. Honesty, where was Adalius Thomas and Derrick Burgess? Banta-Cain has been our best pass rusher this season so far. Honesty, I'd like to see Colvin back at this point. And Brady....looks rattled and it shows with the inaccurate passes. Galloway has also been a very big disappointment. Wish they used Taylor more as well. So frustrating but I think they'll bounce back against Atlanta next week. I give credit to the Jets D especially the pass rush and Revis. Sanchez should play with a ton more confidence after a win like that. I'll be looking forward to November 22nd eagerly now.

It's true...ZERO pass rush...Sanchez had ALL day back there, period. Offensive play calling was awful...all of a sudden we stop running the ball?

Really? How about not letting trolls in here? EVERY freaking gameday this site blows up for an entire quarter...

Yeah, we get it. Take it easy. If you don't like it you can leave and I'll send you a check for your huge investment.

Let what go?...Not here dancing on graves. Just talking football. This is a classy board, try to keep it that way.

Seriouslt...go to your Jet Board and talk about the Super Bowl you just won...

Yeah, we get it. Take it easy. If you don't like it you can leave and I'll send you a check for your huge investment.

Please do...since you seem to know how much I have donated.

Not sure why they didn't run the ball more. Dropping Brady back 40-50x a game, he won't make the bye.

First time in a long time I've seen the team so sloppy with the penalties. Back-to-back delay of games coming out of a TV timeout is unacceptable on the high school level.

I take consolation in the facts that:

1. It's only week 2. There is alot of time to get in synch.

2. The biggest problems seem to be on the offensive side of the ball, which has much more talent and will inevitably improve.

3. Mayo and WWW coming back will makes worlds of difference.

Seriouslt...go to your Jet Board and talk about the Super Bowl you just won...

How about you take your B*tching somewhere else because its getting old, he has just as much of a right to be here as you so STFU!

the play calling was terrible, needs to be fixed quick

Please do...since you seem to know how much I have donated.

Tell me the amount and your address and I'll Fedex it to you today. How about this, I'll add an extra 10% for you to leave right now.

And then you can stop calling out Ian in multiple threads like a little *****.

How about you take your B*tching somewhere else because its getting old, he has just as much of a right to be here as you so STFU!

Whatever...its trolls like you and Jet fans that blow up this board. Seriously, a picture of Kimbo Slice? What are you 12?

Tell me the amount and your address and I'll Fedex it to you today. How about this, I'll add an extra 10% for you to leave right now.

And then you can stop calling out Ian in multiple threads like a little *****.

It's called running a business competently. Might be nice if we knoew why the site keeps blowing up after wqe have been told it would be fixed. That's all...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes