PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Pats/Jets Postgame Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
joey galloway looks completely lost out there. they need to stop wasting a roster spot on this bum.

Watched the game and I thought the Pats offensive play calling was SH#@.
For the most part the O-line picked up the blitzes but all they called was short and intermediate routes. I dont think the OFF COOR has any idea what he is doing. I do understand the Pats were without Welker but still. They called the same kind of offence last week against the Bills. In my opinion, until the OFF COOR gets his act together or gets fired, the pats will continue losing.
When you have burners like Galloway and Moss, the play calling should be called to expose their strengths by stretching the field which I only saw once(the interception).
Last year Josh Mcdaniels with Matt Cassel looked better than what I have witnessed the last two weeks..

Very unPatriot like performance. Penalties were a killer too many stupid and big yardage penalties. Galloway doesn't seem to be at all comfortable and unfortunately didn't need close coverage so was often the only option for Brady. Even when the throws were close he couldn't make the catch. We were almost always up against the play clock so the snap was mostly made under pressure. Kind of tough to surprise the defense with only 1 or 2 seconds left on the clock.

On defense the lack of a pass rush says it all. My guess is that at half time all Ryan had to tell Sanchez was to take his time because no one was going to pressure him anyway. After the half he was waiting to let the play develop and just became more comfortable as the game went on.

Boy, that was a bad game, but credit Coach Ryan for outpsyching the Pats. The Pats will come back. They're still finding their feet, and when they do, they'll take care of the Jets next time around.

Last edited:
I think the defense was ok. The offense was pathetic. I think we need to start with getting an OC. Our play calling was horrible. IMHO

:rolleyes:

It's called football and they certainly weren't malicious or late.

There was a phantom Leon Washington fumble and phantom Bart Scott "kick" that I'm sure you're just as indignant about.

The Pats have been excellent for a 7 years but there's blood in the water. That team looked timid, off, and frankly not very talented.

How bout that kid Revis on Moss all day. Special player. I think he may be better than Nnamdi. What do you think?

Welker changes the game. Tough not to have him today.

Ok, you're a Jet fan. We get it. Can't you find a Jets site to celebrate your Super Bowl? :rolleyes:

Welker changes the game. Tough not to have him today.

BB must have felt that letting Welker rest this week was more important than possibly letting whatever's bothering him get worse.

In any case, take out one of the two main engines on the offense (maybe even the biggest, after Brady) and one of the main engines on the defense, and see how any team does.

Hey what happend to all those "perfect season" threads? Oh thats right people were getting tired of talking about the pass rush threads. Hmmm just a few thoughts. I like the way edleman played today, Moss was pretty non existant and Brady played has played like Sh*t for 7 quaters now....hmmm no pass rush and Sanchez picked apart our soft zone...Oh and should I bump jets season preview thread to make some of you look like idiots? I cant wait to hear what BB has to say about this one. We better get our Sh*t together and quick.

It's one game. The Patriots will get better.

Please dont go with the refs, we have 3 trips in the red zone and settle for FG's you wont beat a high school team like that.. poor game plan today.. And no Welker hurt as well

Classy post. Welker was def missed. Gotta say I had my heart in my throat at the 2 minute warning. I've been a Jet fan since Namath played for bama. It ain't easy being green but since the Belly/Brady era I've had nothing but respect for the NE franchise. We look up to you guys. You've given us something to shoot for. Now, since we have someone who looks to be a franchise QB in over 35 tries we're a team to be reconed with. See you next time.

So, to sum up:

D-line can't get it done without Seymour and the D-Coordinator will have to blitz a lot more as a result.

Secondary can't shut down a QB who can't make passes outside the numbers

Linebackers can't handle Washingon out of the backfield

Brady isn't mentally there, and is also making poor throws

Galloway, Edelman and Moss are failing to bail out the QB

The offensive line is not getting it done

The offensive game plan was terrible

Yes, indeed, all of us who were concerned after last week were just crazy.

I'm going to go into more detail about this later when I feel like putting up my own thread. But, for now, please do not take the coward's way out and blame this loss on the refs. The refs threw a lot of flags because the Patriots committed a lot of penalties. Pure and simple. The defense looked great against the run (their game plan), but terrible against the pass... something which I will address later as well. Oh, and one more thing, Brady needs to get the injury out of his mind. It's clearly still there. Though he was pressured a lot today, there were times where Brady clearly hurried this throws and was very uncharacteristically out of sync with his receivers. I will address this in further detail a bit later on. For now though, I need to take some Adderoll and study for a test.

I will close out this post by saying that I can't remember the last time I saw this team, as a whole, look so utterly pathetic.

Look, I really can't stand to hear a bunch of doom and gloom today. The fact is, the the single difference between losing this game today by 7 and winning by about 30 was that Tom Brady is awful right now. We can't blame him for that; it's to be expected and is entirely consistent with what other players returning from similar injuries, such as Peyton Manning, have gone through.

Already I am hearing all kinds of things about the offense not being able to handle the pressure on the QB, the defense playing poorly, and so forth. The fact is that on plenty of downs, the Jets got some decent to good pressure, and on plenty of other downs Tom had plenty of time to through. In all cases he through either flatfooted or just plain off the mark. There really isn't much more to it than that. On most plays, guys were open. On most plays, Brady had time and space to throw, or had a hot receiver open. He just didn't hit them, and when he did hit the receivers they often had to make a nice catch on a ball that wasn't quite in the right spot.

Certainly, the team is not perfect. The defense got too soft in the 3rd quarter. The team took far too many penalties, and the worst part was that many times they were delay of game and other kinds of penalties like that. Galloway still isn't really on the same page as Brady. There are things that need improvement, just as there always are. Despite all of this however, take the pre-injury Brady and insert him in the game, and it's a 30 point victory. So please, enough prognostications of doom and gloom. Give Brady time to get the fear and hesitation out of his head, and you'll see a pretty darn good team on the field.

I don't think the Pats were prepared to play for the second week in a row. The offense was horrible. The Jets played well, better than they played against the Texans.

Tough day today. Brady missing Edelman was the worst play I've seen him make in years.

I dont understand why the team does not blitz, against a rookie qb, average wr corps. This defense is frustrating to watch, they seem bored, no intensity no passion.

You have no idea how many times I said exactly the same thing watching the game. After every play, the defensive players were just standing around looking lost, lethargic, and disengaged.

BSPN's NFC darling Philly got beat bad at home today. They are 1-1 too. Let's put everything in perspective.

joey galloway looks completely lost out there. they need to stop wasting a roster spot on this bum.

I can not play any of the special teams. I can run around lost out on the field. I can drop most of the passes thrown my way. Yes, I truly believe I am as good as Joey Galloway.

Lets face it:

1. The Pats defense has been boring to watch for quite a while.
They are passive and play timid...can not understand why no blitzing

2. the Patriots Offensive line has been mediocre for a while and BB did not really do anything to fix it

3. For this one game, I think Ryan did a number on BB. with his words he took all the pressure off Sanchez.

Please keep all postgame discussion in this thread - and don't start other ones unless you have a solid analytical thread on a specific area to add in a seperate thread in the forum. I'd like to keep some control over things and appreciate everyone taking advantage of this one the same way we do the game thread.

Really? How about not letting trolls in here? EVERY freaking gameday this site blows up for an entire quarter...

I thought Endelman played better then expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back