PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Pats/Jets Postgame Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meh. They played terrible and still almost won a tough road game that the other team acted like was the Super Bowl.

I wish the Patriots played with the same intensity.

Can't pressure the QB, can't handle blitzes. In short, through two weeks the Pats have shown themselves to be a bad football team. Hope they can pull it together, but I didn't see a whole lot to build on these last couple of weeks. Brady isn't even close to 100% (and we shouldn't have expected him to be), so he can't cover up these flaws anymore.

All that I could think of, though, was that we win this game with Seymour. That trade has already cost us one game, and I doubt this'll be the last one. And to anyone who wants to point out the Lawyer Milloy 'parallel', Milloy wasn't half the player that Seymour is.

Still not sold on the Jets, who looked pretty average to me, but average beats bad any day.

Your crazy, game 2!!!!! We win with Seymour, whatever!

Can't pressure the QB, can't handle blitzes. In short, through two weeks the Pats have shown themselves to be a bad football team. Hope they can pull it together, but I didn't see a whole lot to build on these last couple of weeks. Brady isn't even close to 100% (and we shouldn't have expected him to be), so he can't cover up these flaws anymore.

All that I could think of, though, was that we win this game with Seymour. That trade has already cost us one game, and I doubt this'll be the last one. And to anyone who wants to point out the Lawyer Milloy 'parallel', Milloy wasn't half the player that Seymour is.

Disagree wholeheartedly. We should win any game where our opponent scores less than 17 points. I pin this on Galloway, Brady, and the lack of protection from the offensive line. Give the Jets credit for much of that.

Brady hasn't gone deep once yet. Should we be worried about the shoulder?

I am not trying to be all doom and gloom but I do not have a great feeling about this team. The defense was not great but it was not horrible either. They played well enough for them to win. Problem is the offensive sucks. Not much of a passing game and not much of a running game either. They should be 0-2 right now and I simply do not think the pats have the players to be a super bowl contender. They have had way to much turnover.

Horribly played game, because so many simple mistakes.

Crushing penalties all day, how the F do you get 2 consecutive delay of games.

And WHY did they not challenge the 3rd and 13 conversion Leon looked a good yard short. Also burning a timeout before that play only to give it up.

Very poor game ridden with plain dumb errors, uncharacteristic.

The Jets defense is for real, I hate to say it. I'll be interested to see what New Orleans does against them in a few weeks.

We look like a 9-7 team, it's early but there are a ton of holes.

That said, if we had just executed in the first half we win this game, the problems are fixable.

Brady still isn't right, hopefully we can be like the Colts last year and survive the first few weeks before it comes together.

Please dont go with the refs, we have 3 trips in the red zone and settle for FG's you wont beat a high school team like that.. poor game plan today.. And no Welker hurt as well

+1

Galloway was the biggest problem.
How many passes and how many routes has this man missed?
And I'm curious how much of the offense's problems were related to poor throws from Brady likely due to significant pressure from the Jets.

Just a bad game. The timing was significantly off and the playcalling was abysmal at times. Hopefully we learn from this and move on.
Congratulations to the Jets...

Oh, and with regards to defense, I actually thought they weren't bad relatively speaking.

-Jamman

Last edited:
How the hell do you get 2 delay of game penalties in a row? Worst game I have ever seen. Oh and send Joey Galloway back to the Bucs, he sucks!

I will be evoiding every sports show until sunday. UGH, offense was dredful. We'll come back from this, defense was great

All i can say is this is the first time The Pats played scared in the Belichick era... We have a long way to go, but this offense is not the 07 offense by far... Its Brady Moss and Welker and that is it when one is out , and the other is double covered, its going to be like days like today.. ... By the way did anybody see Derrick Burgess today?? or how bout Adalius Thomas???? The jets are for real, give them credit, they talked the talk and walk the walk.. If it was not for brady last week, we are talking 0-2 here..

I couldn't agree more. This team needs to figure out what the problem is in a hurry. I'm not as worried about the defense as you and most others, though. It's the offense that has me searching for answers.

-Moss disappeared (Revis played like a maniac).
-Galloway needs to be released.
-Brady missed plenty of wide open receivers.
-The team abandoned Fred Taylor. He was frustrating the Jets.

This list could seriously go on and on.

The Jets defense is for real, I hate to say it. I'll be interested to see what New Orleans does against them in a few weeks.

We look like a 9-7 team, it's early but there are a ton of holes.

That said, if we had just executed in the first half we win this game, the problems are fixable.

Brady still isn't right, hopefully we can be like the Colts last year and survive the first few weeks before it comes together.

Took the words right out of my mouth. Remember the colts were 3-4? Just got to hang in there.

No more money for this site...I work hard and want to come here on gameday with other fans and chat...however we can't as the server crashes every sunday...it is getting old.

There was some late hits on Brady that were not called.

:rolleyes:

It's called football and they certainly weren't malicious or late.

There was a phantom Leon Washington fumble and phantom Bart Scott "kick" that I'm sure you're just as indignant about.

The Pats have been excellent for a 7 years but there's blood in the water. That team looked timid, off, and frankly not very talented.

How bout that kid Revis on Moss all day. Special player. I think he may be better than Nnamdi. What do you think?

Welker changes the game. Tough not to have him today.

Not to be facetious, then, but why did BB feel that the benefit of the first-rounder in 2011 (not even 2010) outweighed whatever losses might accrue this year?

I will be evoiding every sports show until sunday. UGH, offense was dredful. We'll come back from this, defense was great

Relax man. Just keep away from BSPN, and all the NY mediots.

I dont understand why the team does not blitz, against a rookie qb, average wr corps. This defense is frustrating to watch, they seem bored, no intensity no passion.

our recievers were on another planet. the defense was fine then just went to crap in the second. That offense had GOT to get it together. Brady was off last week too but managed to pull a miracle out of his ass. this week it was the same thing but in the end failed to do anything. Am I the only one that things he is passing way too hard? Ugh it's making me sick. Everyone needs to get it together. The OC has some hideous playcalling it's driving me insane. My head hurts now. Going to be a long season i can tell.

Getting rid of Gaffney and picking up Galloway was a terrible decision in hindsight. Terrible.

I'm worried about Brady. I've always been one of his biggest fans (looking over at the #12 jersey I have), but I'm not sure how long it's going to take for him to shake his demons.

:rolleyes:

It's called football and they certainly weren't malicious or late.

There was a phantom Leon Washington fumble and phantom Bart Scott "kick" that I'm sure you're just as indignant about.

The Pats have been excellent for a 7 years but there's blood in the water. That team looked timid, off, and frankly not very talented.

How bout that kid Revis on Moss all day. Special player. I think he may be better than Nnamdi. What do you think?

Welker changes the game. Tough not to have him today.

Agree, but please go to YOUR Jet board and stop sucking up space. The Jets won one freaking game...let it go.

1. The Jest won the game with a rookie QB and an aggressive defense. Kudo's to the Jest. I wish the Pat's defense would take a page and up the aggressiveness a bit more.

2. The Pats offense has looked bad both games. Galloway and Brady aren't even on the same planet yet. What were they doing all preseason? Is Galloway that bad......I don't believe that....yet, but I'm up for another WR getting a shot if he doesn't improve.

3. Brady isn't Brady yet either. Missing on passes he normally doesn't. I'm thinking the year away has had more of an effect than I thought it would. Let's hope this loss wakes this team up.

4. Penalties......we played like a young team that doesn't know what its doing. Very un-Patriot like. Wasn't all on rookies either. The coaching staff needs to get on these guys this week. Our offense isn't good enough right now to overcome all of these penalties.

5. ST's were especially bad today. Wow......between poor coverage and penalties, I dreaded every punt/kick off.

6. Edelman looked the same as he did in preseason. A great find.

7. I don't understand why we don't try to emphasize the run game more when its going good. This is especially true with our atrocious red zone offensive numbers and Brady's inconsistency right now. Taylor and Maroney both looked good.....until we shut them down.

8. I think the team will improve significantly this year as the younger players pick up some experience and we get Mayo back, but we are definitely not a playoff lock the way the team looks now, early or not. The Pats have their work cut out for them.

Overall.....the Pats have stunk it up the first 2 weeks of the season. This team is going to take some time to come around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back