PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The official Pats-Jets post-game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom brady inaccurate deep ball passing is leaving points on the field and costing games. Dobson could have won the game if brady didn't throw it away(my respect for brady leads me to think it was a throw away)

Please re-post this or variations of this thought 15 or 20 more times.

He could've caught 5 TD passes. I think the answer would be the same. I hope he coaches this team for 20 more years.

Thank you. I totally agree and hope he is here for a long time to come.

Please re-post this or variations of this thought 15 or 20 more times.

Seriously. You know what some posters are going to say the moment you see their screen name.

Fred Smerlas's guy read it again. He read it three times now.

Each time he inserted the words, "Team B Players not on the line scrimmage..."

So, sorry for listening to that fool.

Why would he make that up? Oh wait. Media.

We were 21-10 up and had the ball to start the second half.

We lost the game, forget the rest.

Were you complaining last week at the blown holding call on Solder at the end of the game?

As I said, you win some, you lose some.
No I didn't complain about all the holding penalties not called on the Saints eithe because I know there is holding on almost every play. When a ref pulls a rule out of his rear end that hasn't been called all year and uses it to give a game to the Jets, I complain.
Apparently you haven't been following football long enough to realize that since Goodell became commissioner, the Jets have been getting the kid glove treatment and I will be more than happy to list them starting with not getting punished for taping the Pats.

Re: Force the ball to Gronk much?

I wanted to believe that the Patriots' 1.5-team defense could beat the Jets mediocre offense.

They would have if the Patriots offense had turned up in the second half.

That's a good point. The defense was probably gassed in the second half considering the lack of depth due to injury and the putrid time of possession from the offense.

Pats averaging 7.7 pts in the second half this season. Crazy that they are 5-2.

Wow, looking at Brady's stats through 7 games is chilling. This is his worst season, even 2001 was better. This is also the worst patriot offense of the Brady era in terms of PPG.

I know it's sacrilege to mention of decline, and I really don't want to even think that it is happening. Please improve Brady and co. :(

Pats averaging 7.7 pts in the second half this season. Crazy that they are 5-2.

There is very little about this season that isn't crazy across the league. It feels like an alternate NFL universe.

The NFL guys all think the pick flag on Gronk was totally ridiculous

Wow, looking at Brady's stats through 7 games is chilling. This is his worst season, even 2001 he did better. This is also the worst patriot offense of the Brady era in terms of PPG.

I know it's sacrilege to mention of decline, and I really don't want to even think that it is happening. Please improve Brady and co. :(

I don't know what's exactly wrong with TB but it's mostly on him, not his supporting cast. Frankly he has sucked this season. He better pick it up because this defense isn't going to save us anymore considering the injuries.

Wow, looking at Brady's stats through 7 games is chilling. This is his worst season, even 2001 he did better. This is also the worst patriot offense of the Brady era in terms of PPG.

In my usual happy go lucky optimistic mode, I merely think that this is a transition year offensively marred by injury but we will merge from it with a very good offense again. For now I'll stick with that.

(my fingers are crossed though).

It's been tough assigning the blame to Brady because of the injury to skill players and the situations with Welker and Hernandez... but some of the throws and decisions by Brady through 7 weeks are alarmingly uncharacteristic. He's 36 so it's not so unreasonable to start thinking about his 'decline'.

On the bright side, it's only Week 7 and there's plenty of time for improvement. Flacco is getting $20 MM a season based largely what he did in 4 weeks last winter... Just gotta play well when it matters most. Hopefully this team is in position to do just that come Week 18.

Wow, looking at Brady's stats through 7 games is chilling. This is his worst season, even 2001 was better. This is also the worst patriot offense of the Brady era in terms of PPG.

I wonder what BB thinks? He has to know something is up...

i am so sick of my buddies txting me blaming the refs for a loss.....is it the refs fault Brady threw a pick 6 that basically turned all momentum in the game?

Their fault the pats O had 31 yards in the 3rd?

i am so sick of my buddies txting me blaming the refs for a loss.....is it the refs fault Brady threw a pick 6 that basically turned all momentum in the game?

Their fault the pats O had 31 yards in the 3rd?

they had that many yards in the 3rd? seems a little high.... j/k

agree with you, not refs fault you blow a 11 pt halftime lead

10389235695_afb8d19ae6_o.gif

This will not be a rule for long. I see no reason for it. I'd say it's a bad interpretation of the rule, but it's the first time it's even been applied, so I have nothing to back that up. I would never dream that this would be a penalty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back