PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Patriots vs Titans POST game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ron Brace and Jermaine Cunningham both did well in spot duty. Whenever I saw Brace in there, the Titans ran opposite him.. And, Cunningham played excellent subbing in for Ninkovich and as the 3rd down interior rusher next to Wilfork..
I thought cunningham played better than ninko. I watched ninko quit a bit and he was doing nothing, he got stoned over and over again all game long.

Last edited:
AndyJohnson said:
Bolden had 1 good run, and look horrific otherwise.
Did you watch the game today?

Yes, Andy. Some of us actually watched the game. And you know what else? Some of us realize that when the clock is winding down and the offense is telegraphing to the defense EXACTLY what they are going to do, the defense can make the play. Especially when you run the same play back to back.

It should say something that the Pats decided to RUN the ball in that situation instead of just taking a knee..

If no injuries...O could be unstoppable this year if ridley emerges. Front 7 looks good...secondary..we will see!

Patriots defensive rookies C. Jones/D. Hightower/T. Wilson combine for 15 tackles, 1 sack, 2 TFL, 1 FF, 1 FR for a TD, and 2 PBU's.

And JC got a sack, got an offensive holding call and 2 pressures (as I recall).

I thought cunningham played better than ninko. I watched ninko quit a bit and he was doing nothing, i watched him get stoned over and over again.

I didn't see Ninko get "stoned" so much as keep to his assigned area to prevent a run to his side by Locker. Locker looked that way a few times today with the thought of taking off and running and only could see the back of his OT..

Time will tell if Cunningham takes over the starting spot.

tumblr_ma3mv2QzJD1qbdxb2o1_500.png

Not bad :)

Good news on the Connolly front. He passed all his concussion tests per Bedard.

Now if we could kindly dispense with the FB crap, we should be fine.

Jones made a couple of tackles for losses in the running game. Most definately helped tie up CJ.

Great day

And JC got a sack, got an offensive holding call and 2 pressures (as I recall).

Should have drawn more than one. Hutchinson held Cunningham on the 24 yard pass to Washington to the point where the bottom of Cunninham's jersey was up between his elbows and shoulders.. It was ridiculous.

I'd rather have Branch or Gaffney in there than Edelman as a WR.

I'd rather have a rb as fullback instead of Connolly.

I didn't see Ninko get "stoned" so much as keep to his assigned area to prevent a run to his side by Locker. Locker looked that way a few times today with the thought of taking off and running and only could see the back of his OT..

Time will tell if Cunningham takes over the starting spot.

Ninkovich did not have his best game finished the day with out a number on the stat sheet, but that can be somewhat misleading. I think it is to early to talk about taking him out of the starting lineup. We had a great day against the run and he spent the majority of snaps at LE so he had to been doing something setting the edge.

yeah, probably where he got hit in the head, but I hear he has passed all concussion test so he is good to go

Welker had 3-14... Lets focus on getting him more involved before we start asking to bring in Branch and Gaffney.

Last I looked, neither Branch nor Gaffney could return punts very well. Unless you go back to having Welker or one of the DBs doing it, having Branch or Gaffney only hurts the team in the long run..

Edelman looked fine as the 5th/6th receiving option behind Welker, Gronkowski, Hernandez, Lloyd.

I will say, when is the last time we threw a back shoulder fade? 2009 Moss?

Lloyd is just warming up. (God I hope so)

Ninkovich did not have his best game finished the day with out a number on the stat sheet, but that can be somewhat misleading. I think it is to early to talk about taking him out of the starting lineup. We had a great day against the run and he spent the majority of snaps at LE so he had to been doing something setting the edge.

There was nothing misleading about this stats, in obvious passing downs, he got handled very easy, did his TBC impression and just stood there. We need pressure from both sides in this passing heavy league now a days and Ninkovich will not cut it, we have seen his peak, time to put Cunningham there for us to see whether he can swim or sink.

yeah, probably where he got hit in the head, but I hear he has passed all concussion test so he is good to go

It's exactly when he took the hit to the head. That's what was reported during the Broadcast. That Connolly went to the locker-room following that play.

Good to hear that Connolly passed the concussion tests..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back