PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Patriots vs Titans game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well today was a great game. Far more positives than negatives. Refs were adequate and It was a nice start to the season. I'm super excited to see how this team pans out over the season. Feeling great things to come.

Could'nt ask for a better performance to start the season. Just hope that OL doesn't get Brady killed and hope to stay healthy over the course of the season. Very excited for this team

Browns leading Eagles.

Vikings force OT against Jags.

Last edited:
Super team win today. Not much else to be said.

Congratulations to the pats and us fans on the w

Until the tackle situation gets fixed, this is what we're going to see. Some days it will work, some days we'll wonder what the hell happened. If we don't see improvement in two weeks, we'll be wondering that after the Baltimore game.

Great W. Run D looked great. Lloyd and ridley look very nice out there as well

This team has a chance at perfection if it can find another OT.

I have been away, I get back in time for the game, end up having to go out!

I caught 1 f'ing play :(

Well today was a great game. Far more positives than negatives. Refs were adequate and It was a nice start to the season. I'm super excited to see how this team pans out over the season. Feeling great things to come.

Just seeing a healthy balance of pass and run is really encouraging.

Awesome win. All phases looked good. The oline did very well. TB held the ball too long a few times, but was very accurate. Ridley is a god. The only down side for me was, once again the pass protection.

I believe Ridley had 5 runs for 15+ yards today. Great burst! I'm wondering if anyone can direct me to a place where I can see how many runs for 15+ BJGE had all of last season. Love everything he did for our team, but can't help but be excited by a great start by Ridley. Just curious. Thanks in advance for any help u can provide

Dan Connoly got hurt. Any news on that?

Good game.

the Titans are a pretty good team, i wish them best of luck.

gooooo pats.

Good first game many more to go but is very encouraging.

Solder will get some flak, but honestly his issues are very fixable. He was stuffing his assignments for most of the game, other than those 2 brain farts he was solid and even more than solid in run protection.

At RT last year he was holding up against the 2nd tier DE of the NFL. It will take some adjustements going up against the 1st tier, but I have no doubt that he can and will succeed.

I'm more worried about what happens if Volmer is injured

I am loving the Pats first game of the season. Good offense, good defense, OK special teams. I think there are some things to work on but those items come to light without a defeat. A victory with problems is better than a defeat withe the same. Bill will be able to yell at some of the team without am=n "L" in the column.

Good summary. A really nice, thorough dismantling of a decent opponent on the road. Thorough domination on both sides of the ball, in all aspects of the game. Some things that stand out:

Offense:

1. Run/pass balance and efficiency. 35 rushing attempts, 32 pass attempts (including the sack). 162 yards rushing, 236 yards passing (228 after adjusting for the sack). Efficient on both fronts: Brady over 75% completion percentage, 2 TDs and 0 INTs. Nice ball distribution, with no one targeted over 8 times. 6.0 YPC rushing average.

2. Ridley. 149 total yards, including 2 receptions. Physical, explosive, versatile.

3. OL run blocking. The OL has been maligned, but they performed pretty decently, and were strong in run blocking. Scar does it again.

Wes Welker had a quiet day today, but Brandon Lloyd made a difference. We can expect Welker to be more Welkeresque in the future, and hopefully to get something from Vereen, so things are looking good overall for the offense.

Defense:

1. Domination up front. I can't remember seeing that much quickness from a Pats' DL. Total domination, inside and out. The run defense was as dominant as anything I've ever seen, against an elite RB and strong OL.

2. Great pursuit and tackling. The defense was swarming, closed off holes, and didn't miss tackles. Great fundamentals. Mayo and Hightower stood out

3. Big plays from the secondary. Tavon Wilson made a key INT and made plays all over the field. But for McCourty not quite holding on to a sure INT and the overturned fumble recovery, the secondary would have made some huge plays.

As you say, there's room for improvement, which is nice. 59-0 annihilations only happen so often. This was a more complete and workmanlike (though less brutal) dismantling, but it leaves plenty of room for BB to serve up some humble pie and focus on room for improvement down the road.

Overall, hard to think of a much better start for the season. After all, we're only the "second best" team in our division after week 1, as the Jets were thoroughly dominant against the Bills.

iam sure this was gameplan based. you will be scratching your head many times this season when they dont run at all...

I hope Josh continues to call runs, so we can keep Brady upright. The offensive line needs to improve their pass blocking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes