PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The official Patriots vs Steelers POST game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blocking. He offered more options.

Yeah, that seems to make sense. He had a couple nice catches coming off of blocks, including the touchdown. And the pats were really successful with the play-action

I think it must have been cramps, if it was his knee he wouldn't have been out there.

the reason I ask is the word out of Pittsburgh talking heads is he hurt his acl and is lost for the season...can't confirm this anywhere else but I can confirm that the steeler media is populated by short bus types and walking coma cases

Last edited:
All obvious and note able comments DaBruinz.

Tully was clearly being held when Ben chucked his garbage TD. But the one that really frosted me was the contact with Edleman after the fair catch. There is no such thing as incidental contact in that instance...but suddenly they were gonna let it go right in front of them and the broadcast crew actually applauded the "non call"...

MO...do not watch the replay on DVR if you have one...there was clear holding, and I mean arm around the neck from behind holds, the entire fourth quarter of Rapistburger's "comebacks"...every play

It seemed to me the collinsworth was pretty biased tonight. It was only midway through the 4th quarter that he jumped on the patriots bandwagon. I was especially annoyed by his righteousness regarding the helmet to helmet where the Pitt receiver was going to the ground

the reason I ask is the word out of Pittsburgh talking heads is he hurt his acl and is lost for the season...can't confirm this anywhere else but I can confirm that the steeler media is populated by short bus types and walking coma cases
I didn't hear anything, all i know is he went down what 3 times, if it was a knee he wouldn't have gotten back in after the first time. Now that being said it something serious could have been the reason he went down the last time, but since it happened twice before i would think it was cramps. At least i'm hoping thats what it is.

Last edited:
Yeah, that seems to make sense. He had a couple nice catches coming off of blocks, including the touchdown. And the pats were really successful with the play-action

Gronkowski is probably the better overall TE. His blocking skills allow the playbook to open up a bit more when he's in the game as opposed to just Hernandez. They are both awesome though.

mind if I ask about Chung again??...anyone know his condition?...cramps at the end of the game or a knee?
He came back in and finished the game. Should be good to go this week.

It seemed to me the collinsworth was pretty biased tonight. It was only midway through the 4th quarter that he jumped on the patriots bandwagon. I was especially annoyed by his righteousness regarding the helmet to helmet where the Pitt receiver was going to the ground
At one point he sounded mad that the Pats were winning.

Last edited:
I didn't hear anything, all i know is he went down what 3 times, if it was a knee he wouldn't have gotten back in after the first time. Now that being said it something serious could have been the reason he went down the last time, but since it happened twice before i would think it was cramps. At least i'm hoping it is.

I'm listening to EEI right now and there's NOTHING on it...you'd think there'd be at least a mention if there was an injury

rapelesberger forces his balls into any endzone he can find. such a scum bag. im so glad we punched them in the mouth. tom superbowl rapes records, not girls

I'm listening to EEI right now and there's NOTHING on it...you'd think there'd be at least a mention if there was an injury
Yes you would think that it would a least be mentioned, but like someone said he came back in and finished the game.

No must have missed that, but Graham's kickoffs were not good and that could cause big trouble down the road.

What were you watching? Graham had 8 kick-offs. They went for 70,68,65,63, 63, 64, 55*, 62. The 55 yarder has an asterisk because it was kicked from the 45 yard line and ended up as a TB. The other 7 averaged 65 yards. That's pretty damn good considering how cold it was by the end of the game. 38 Degrees if you were wondering.

All things considered, he did pretty good..

listening to wbz , gary tanguay as usual is asking if the steelers oline is same as the browns oline and if that was the factor..

What were you watching? Graham had 8 kick-offs. They went for 70,68,65,63, 63, 64, 55*, 62. The 55 yarder has an asterisk because it was kicked from the 45 yard line and ended up as a TB. The other 7 averaged 65 yards. That's pretty damn good considering how cold it was by the end of the game. 38 Degrees if you were wondering.

All things considered, he did pretty good..
Wow if they were in that order his leg was getting tired

The best part of this game was watching Hines Ward get knocked the **** out. Steelers were man handled all night. I've been saying for a long time that Pittsburgh is one of the most overrated teams, they're way to old. And it's starting to show with all the injuries.

The only part that kept ticking me off was Collinsworth and Michaels calling it a "helmet to helmet" hit. The only "helmet" of Sanders that might have hit Ward's would have been the one between Sanders' legs. Sanders' football helmet didn't come close to hitting Ward's. The other thing is that Ward put his head down and tried to lead with it.

I know Gronkowski had a great game today, but I was wondering why he was out there so much more than Hernandez? Was it something to do with pittsburgh's scheme? Any thoughts?

Gronkowski is a better blocker than Hernandez. The Pats ran Crumpler and Gronkowski out there to batter the Pittsburgh defense.

I love Hernandez and think he's a great deep threat. The problem is that you are telegraphing a pass play when you put him out there because of his blocking. At least against the Steelers. One of the great things about tonight was how effective the Play-Action pass was.

Won't be much better next week when Polian and the whining Colts come rolling into town.

If the Pats come out with their 2 TE set, it won't matter. Manning and the Colts won't be able to stop it.

Do people think there are an unlimited number of great kickers available that just happen not to be on a team?

The guys a good veteran with one of the highest field goal percentages ever, plus there's a new snapper in there. Why not show him a little confidence and see if he turns out decent?

I can imagine the likelihood of success dropping a kicker every week for increasingly poor prospects. Must give you confidence knowing you'll be dropped at the first mistake.:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes