PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The official Patriots vs Steelers POST game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty thrilled with this win. I would have been happy with just seeing them play a competitive game. I can't believe that this was the same team that looked so bad last week vs the Browns.

I'm wondering if the difference between this game and the last could be having Pat Chung in the game.
Before the game i was thinking the same thing, just play well. Then when we got ahead 17-3 i was thinking i'm going to be pissed if some how they blow it.

Randy who? So all the Patriots fans complaining about the lack of a legitimate deep threat can crawl back into their holes. The Patriots offense scored over thirty points on the best defense in the NFL.

A few short points:

1. 186 Games with a catch in a row.....and stopped for H. Ward

2. Brady was great this game....and totally committed...seems like this is something that I have been wanting to see for a while.

3. Gronkowski......wow....just....wow

4. This "prevent" defense made the game a lot longer/harder/closer than it should have been. This just allows more plays and more opportunity for injuries on the defense.

5. Lawfirm ran the ball well tonight behind some good blocking....the Steelers were also backed off playing the pass....perfect example of establishing the pass first....

6. Why don't the Pats play with more pressure all the time?

7. That pass/run at the end of the first half still ticks me off.....nobody wrapped up and gave weak hits instead.....damn....I hope they finally learn from that.

8. Wallace is one sick WR....the upcoming better replacement for Ward when he retires I think

9. The Jesters scare me more than any team in the league right now...they remind me of the past Pats SB winners....people always ask how the heck they won and they didn't deserve it.....but they won....again....they are going to be a handful in a few weeks.

10. I am more satisfied with this Patriot win than any win the in the past 2 years....just a great effort....almost sabotaged by the coaching staff in the last quarter.

I'd like to see them bring in Matt Stover. He did very well for the Colts last year when he took over for Vinatieri. This Graham is not good enough imo and he has been bad in clutch moments in recent times too.

Randy who? So all the Patriots fans complaining about the lack of a legitimate deep threat can crawl back into their holes. The Patriots offense scored over thirty points on the best defense in the NFL.

I'm gonna start reporting posts like this from now on. There was clear warning to move on by Ian.

Just fair warning to you. Next time you bring anything up about him I'll report it. Its clearly baiting/trolling is all you are at. This is a postgame thread that has nothing to do with past players.

Lighten up and enjoy the win, people. Sheesh. :rolleyes:

I'd like to see them bring in Matt Stover. He did very well for the Colts last year when he took over for Vinatieri. This Graham is not good enough imo and he has been bad in clutch moments in recent times too.

Did you notice that the snap was wide and high and Zoltan had to pull it down getting it there late?

Plus 1

You dont miss a PAT.

Did you notice that the snap was wide and high and Zoltan had to pull it down getting it there late?

No must have missed that, but Graham's kickoffs were not good and that could cause big trouble down the road.

I'm gonna start reporting posts like this from now on. There was clear warning to move on by Ian.

Just fair warning to you. Next time you bring anything up about him I'll report it. Its clearly baiting/trolling is all you are at. This is a postgame thread that has nothing to do with past players.
Go ahead report me. I don't care. The Patriots offense just decimated the best defense in the NFL on the road. Also, you don't know the definition of trolling! :eek:

That was reasonably enjoyable.

We beat 'em up everywhere.

Randy who?

So all the Patriots fans complaining about the lack of a legitimate deep threat can crawl back into their holes.

The Patriots offense scored over thirty points on the best defense in the NFL.

Amen.

Amen.

Amen.

Ben R postgame, "We stunk. I stunk. It was an old fashioned butt whippin. Hard to take in your home field."

Gotta luv this!

Last edited:
When Brady is on, this team is damn near unbeatable. And Pat Chung is my niggah :)

Go ahead report me. I don't care. The Patriots offense just decimated the best defense in the NFL on the road. Also, you don't know the definition of trolling! :eek:

Well in the context of forums its posting in a manner likely inviting heated responses and steering the thread away from the subject matter.

Great win, bring on the colts now. Tom Brady>**** LeBeau

1) I certainly hope we dont hear whining about the garbage time stats. I'm afraid the bandwagon became overloaded in 2007 and many fans think a win is ok, but a win with good stats is what really matters.
2) Welker looked sharper tonight, and really looks back. That quick out, and turning it up for rac was missing so far and he looked like the old Wes tonight.
3) OL deserves a standing ovation.
4) Defense was tremendous. Before we went to prevent we were all over the receivers. We knocked a bunch of passes out with hits, and even on the few completions Roethlisberger had, we hammered them.
5) Officiating was poor. At the end of the first when the reciever was CHUNGED, that was NOT a first down. Terrible spot. The OPI on Gronk was terrible. DPI on Meriwhether shaky. Also how can the ref choose not to call a penalty when you hit a pr after a fair catch?
6) Speaking of prevent defense, I hope everyone can understand that if you make the offense take plays that even if they execute perfectily they will take up too much time to win, you are doing the right thing.
7) I thought the kick return fumble caused and recovered by Arrington was a legit fumble and not down by contact. I also thought the 2nd 2 pointer was not good and the diving TD in the left corner was not a catch but the angles were not good enough for a challenge.
8) I saw an AWFUL lot of 3-4 with nickle type personell. Crable as a 34 DE, Wright at NT and Guyton at LB, along with a lot of nickel. It seemed like BB was much more concerned with their passing game than their running game, based on groupings, alignments and subs.
9) Crable played a lot tonight, and seemed to do some decent things.
10) Chung is very important to the D, and I think we are going to see this D become very good by January.

Ben R postgame, "We stunk. I stunk. It was an old fashioned butt whippin. Hard to take in your home field."

Gotta luv this!

Tomlin is passing out humble pie...which historically he and this Steelers team have choked on...LOL I think we ascared 'em...LOL

I thought the play calling was superb. Glad that BJ kept it up, as he looked a trifle shaky early, but I thought our offensive game plan kept Pitt off balance all night, allowing us to do some real damage to a team that is gawdawful tough against the run usually.

A lot of games I've felt the defense guessing our plays before we run them, or adjusting while we took a long time to readjust.

It was obvious this game that Pittsburgh was guessing wrong all the time. The announcers noted it and even highlighted Polamalu and Harrison badly misdiagnosing plays.

I know some people don't think it matters much, but I think it's as important as any factor for an offense like ours. Of course when we use so many formations, execution becomes even more difficult and our execution was crisp and decisive.

Major props.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back