PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The official Patriots vs Steelers POST game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope all Jet's fans are tired and miserable tomorrow from staying up late to watch this lovely game.

I'm sorry Stillers.com is down tonight (imagine that). Steeler fans are the most enjoyable whiners after losses in my opinion. They really get despondent after big losses.

Absolutely thrilled with tonights game. The TD's the Steelers racked on late....I blame the late game play calling. If the defense was still playing its aggressive style that we saw dominate the Steelers most of the game....the scoreboard would be different for Pitt.

I'd like to officially anoint Shawn Crables' the most glorious half sack in history.

as expected. deion sanders" they were just a hines ward away from winning this game" amazing.

Absolutely thrilled with tonights game. The TD's the Steelers racked on late....I blame the late game play calling. If the defense was still playing its aggressive style that we saw dominate the Steelers most of the game....the scoreboard would be different for Pitt.

...or they could have burned us deep and made it a ballgame. BB doesn't care for fantasy football. He wants a win ;)

yes ... and Connolly also ... a better than average backup now.
Backup? That guy would be starting on 95% of the teams in the league.

What a great game. So happy you guys showed up in primetime and played your game. I guess we know what your D can do when called upon.

We in N.O. consider the score to be Patriots 39 Steelers 19.
We saw the hold by the steelers TE to allow mendenhall a running TD on the outside. It was pretty clear that should have been called back.
Very solid win, and please try not to keep upstaging us all year. You made our win vs the Steelers look mediocre. :eek:

Brady was on fire, nice win guys

Last edited:
What a great game. So happy you guys showed up in primetime and played your game. I guess we know what your D can do when called upon.

We in N.O. consider the score to be Patriots 39 Steelers 19.
We saw the hold by the steelers TE to allow mendenhall a running TD on the outside. It was pretty clear that should have been called back.
Very solid win, and please try not to keep upstaging us all year. You made our win vs the Steelers look mediocre. :eek:

Brady was on fire, nice win guys

Appreciate it Pherein

I'm sorry Stillers.com is down tonight (imagine that). Steeler fans are the most enjoyable whiners after losses in my opinion. They really get despondent after big losses.

I lurked on a Steelers fan board after they lost to the Browns last year, pretty epic stuff, makes some of the chicken littles on this board look tame.

OFFENSIVE LINE
The offensive line (including Gronk and Crumpler) was absolutely awesome! One of the best defenses in football (and one of the most aggressive) had ZERO sacks.

HERNANDEZ
Hernandez is a wide receiver and in the end takes reps from Welker or Branch or Tate, so he wasn't in there. I'd rather have Gronk and Crumpler in there protecting the franchise.

THE PASS-RUSH
Did I hear the mediots say that Banta-Cain was unstoppable? Seriously, Banta-Cain, Wright and Crable did a fine job. It certainly did help that PITT offensive line was so weak.

SETTING THE EDGE AND DOING THE DEFENSIVE JOB UP THE MIDDLE
A Belichick team rarely has two stinkers in a row. Belichick surely must have focused on the basics: DOING YOUR JOB!

SAFETIES
Sergio Brown some lots of solid work out there, as did the other three.

GARBAGE TIME STATS
They really don't matter.

INJURIES
I think that Chung was the only one, and he came back in.

KICKERS, DEEP SNAPPERS AND HOLDERS
I could see us with a new kicker before the snow flies or even before next week.

as expected. deion sanders" they were just a hines ward away from winning this game" amazing.

Just heard that too. I'm done with that fool, pretty evident he will never give them a lick of respect.

Gotta give kudos to Connolly, I was worried about him coming in for Neal but he was real good tonight. The whole line was and I agree with Jack Bauer, give Mankins his money now.

Last edited:
Think about this people
The Pick 6 was the game breaker
It forced the Squealers into the squib kicks which gave the Pats O field position and points which caused the Squealers into a squib kick giving us field position...

Pretty thrilled with this win. I would have been happy with just seeing them play a competitive game. I can't believe that this was the same team that looked so bad last week vs the Browns.

I'm wondering if the difference between this game and the last could be having Pat Chung in the game.

And we were a Ty Warren, Leigh Bodden, Stephen Gostkowski, Kevin Faulk, and Nick Kaczur away from being 9-0. Right? No. Injuries are part of the game. I had these so called experts. I can't even watch that stuff anymore.

Only thing watchable on NFLN is the Sound FX segment. The experts or analysts have zero comment during this segment. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back