PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Patriots vs Steelers game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Talib out versus Steelers

Nothing on the front page, so here we go. I'm actually fine with this. He obviously has an issue with the hip and an extra two weeks rest should help ensure one of our biggest assets is fit for the stretch run.

Funny how a superior player in a group can influence confident play after he's out. I'm thinking Andre Carter 2 years ago, or the great secondary play we now take for granted in Talib's absence.

In the beginning it seemed like Thompkins was doing better than Dobson, he seemed like a hard working kid and seemed to have better chemistry with Brady than Dobson. Wonder what went wrong? They both had drops in the beginning so it can't only be that.

Improved? Sure. But he's so good now that they don't even need any other outside WRs? Come on.

Not for this game. Wouldn't surprise me if Pats run the ball 60-65 percent of the time today.

Improved? Sure. But he's so good now that they don't even need any other outside WRs? Come on.

Edelman and collie, heck amendola have gone outside. They have confidence in Dobson, Edelman, collie and amendola getting it done for the wr group. I do.

As much as we have criticized Dobson, KT has had about as many drops. And dobson's hands seem to be getting better. That's why you go with him over KT.

re: Talib out versus Steelers

Bequette is listed as inanimate. I've never seen that one.

In the beginning it seemed like Thompkins was doing better than Dobson, he seemed like a hard working kid and seemed to have better chemistry with Brady than Dobson. Wonder what went wrong? They both had drops in the beginning so it can't only be that.
Dobson started the season slow with a hammy and got a neck injury. I think he's finally healthy now and there is gap in talent between them. Dobson's been more consistent over the past few weeks.

KT might have hit his wall. His consistency runs hot and cold too much. His hands need to improve. Dobson's seemingly have the past few weeks.

Doug Kyed ‏@DougKyedNESN 2m
Dobson, Blount and Amendola lining up with the first team on offense.

Grrr.

Depends how you look at, maybe. Bad for him, perhaps good for the team.

Really. Great experience for an UDFA to get snaps and starts that count. He's got a lifetime ahead of him. Time to learn and get better.

Grrr.

Oh god, why do they do that? There must be a feeling that bringing Ridley in later has some benefit?

What is BB's fascination with Blount? Can he not see how slow he is? Ridley needs to start. :mad:

Grrr.

Jesus. What did Ridley do?

Clearly going to be a repeat of the 1st half of last week if they decide to go Blount heavy and Ridley sits on the side. Hopefully the defense is up for it.

Jesus. What did Ridley do?

Clearly going to be a repeat of the 1st half of last week if they decide to go Blount heavy and Ridley sits on the side. Hopefully the defense is up for it.

Perhaps early blitz pickup and such.

Today's gameplan will be centered around lots and lots running and very physical style of football it would seem. Makes sense to use Blount in such a fashion, I guess.

Today's gameplan will be centered around lots and lots running and very physical style of football it would seem. Makes sense to use Blount in such a fashion, I guess.

What channel are you guys watching the game on CBS is still showing SD/Wash in overtime?

And you can't do that with Ridley, why?

Terrible special teams on the first play

And you can't do that with Ridley, why?
You can.

However, Ridley's at his best in the no huddle/hurry-up. That constitutes passing the ball. The gameplan seems to have less emphasis on the passing game and more on the line-up it and run it down their throats oldfashion style.

The coaching staff obviously feels Blount is better in the role than Ridley. It's entirely debatable why they feel that way.

Like the 3-4 with Sopoaga at the nose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back