PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Patriots vs Steelers game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So who moved into active with KT — and Boyce and Leon W — not playing?

Isaac Sopoaga

Only difference between this week and last week is Kelly and Thompkins.

Anyone knows the reason why KT is inactive? :confused:

I would think that is simply a case of Collie outplaying him, plus Amendola is back.

It's a numbers game, you have to have enough backups at other positions.

Last edited:
I would think that is simply a case of Collie outplaying him, plus Amendola is back.

And getting stronger, perhaps.

And getting stronger, perhaps.

I want him to have a great game. Vereen, Dobson, gronk and him playing at high levels make for a pretty decent offense with weapons.

Mike Reiss
Kenbrell Thompkins slid to 5th on WR depth chart last week. Expecting physical game vs. "old-school" Steelers, Pats go w/ 3rd TE & FB today.

Things I hope for from this game.

1: A win
2: NO MORE INJURIES
3: Brady to regain some semblance of what we've come to expect (2 tds or so).
4: The defense to continue playing well (I really love the Jones's and DMac)
4: Amendola to get his first TD of the year.
5: Gronk to get his first TD of the year.
6: Dobson to get a TD.

Almost forgot

7: BB/Josh McD to stop this bizarre fixation on holding back the number of snaps Ridley gets, when he's clearly the best RB we have.

Thompkins has gone from a 95% snap WR to a part time WR to a WR4 to inactive. Not good....

Thompkins has gone from a 95% snap WR to a part time WR to a WR4 to inactive. Not good....

Depends how you look at, maybe. Bad for him, perhaps good for the team.

Well that gets Dobson on the field, and gives us so deep threat ability. Bigger target too I think.

Mike Reiss ‏@MikeReiss 4m
Kenbrell Thompkins slid to 5th on WR depth chart last week. Expecting physical game vs. "old-school" Steelers, Pats go w/ 3rd TE & FB today.

In truth the 95% snap Wr was a case of need. he's still developing.

KT's gotta work on his consistency if he wants to be consistently active and featured in the offensive gameplan. The coaching and Brady must have had enough of his drops and hot and cold play.

Dobson is ascending.

Depends how you look at, maybe. Bad for him, perhaps good for the team.

I'm pumped Dobson has ascended from WR4 to WR1. It's dissapointing a JAG in Collie has leapfrogged KT though.

I think if he was still the primary WR then that would be more of an issue, because it would mean

1. Danny Amendola was still unable to play
2. The Austin Collie signing did not work out
3. The team's top draft pick had not progressed at all
4. Julian Edelman had become unreliable

This isn't necessarily a case of bad news and the glass being half empty.

Last edited:
I'm pumped Dobson has ascended from WR4 to WR1. It's dissapointing a JAG in Collie has leapfrogged KT though.
Has Dobson really "ascended" or have the other WRs just dropped off really far?

Collie isn't really a JAG though.

Has Dobson really "ascended" or have the other WRs just dropped off really far?

Have you watched his play? He has definitely improved. And he would have more catches and yards if Tom would throw to him instead of a triple covered gronk.

Have you watched his play? He has definitely improved. And he would have more catches and yards if Tom would throw to him instead of a triple covered gronk.
Improved? Sure. But he's so good now that they don't even need any other outside WRs? Come on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back