PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The OFFICIAL Patriots vs. Saints Post-Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
amazing ending

but damn these drops are brutal

offense needs to find some consistency

Not to poo poo on the parade....but where is all the emotion???!!! The team should have been mauling each other!!!

BradyLeftHanging.gif

With only 1 minute in the clock and no TO's , I just wore my luck hat, the blue one because the Pats were using blue jersey's today.

It's only weird if it doesn't work.

This win is on me :rocker:

I'm going to pile onto so many posters here.

Brady has been playing lights out for so, so, so long, that Patriot fans are astonished and depressed by him when he makes mistakes. And yes he made a lot of mistakes. The obvious one was the INT and the Amendola miss, but he also didn't get the ball out to Hooman on a key blitz.

NEWSFLASH: many many NFL QBs make similar mistakes (on the INT, Dobson took a very deep cut over the middle on his route, and that's why Lewis was there, because Lewis was on Dobson and Dobson needed to clear sooner). Brady made a horrendous throw regardless.

Brady has looked mortal this year. But for people to talk about replacing him is beyond absurd and bizarre. Do you not watch other NFL games?

LOL what a swing that was. Just gotta say 5-1 ain't too bad right now! We are in great shape if we can get Mayo/Talib back at the bye week or before. Amendola I've already given up on lol but let's just hope the other injuries aren't more than the 4-6 week variety.

I gotta stop praising people at halftime, definitely jinxed Dobson and the defense. Although the defense mostly had to do with Talib being out and a pass that barely made it over Dennard's hand. It's okay one miracle TD deserves a miracle drive at the end. But Dobson and Bolden, these drops are inexcusable. Sorry to give up on someone so early, and I've always sung the praises of Bolden and his potential, but I think next year it's time to find RB depth that can actually stay healthy and catch a pass if Vereen goes down. Dobson deserves at least the rest of this season.

The defense really wasn't as bad as the #'s indicate especially considering the QB they went up against. If Dennard makes that play, good chance we escape that game giving up 17 or 20 to a top offense, without Talib for a half. The most encouraging thing is I didn't see the 180 into a ****storm of a defense I saw last year whenever one of our top CB's would go down. For a drive it was bad but overall they really held their own considering the circumstances. You won't lose a guy like Talib and not skip a beat altogether.

Being 5-1 is very very very huge for this team. 7-2 at the bye is still a reasonable goal and 8-1 is suddenly very achievable. We've overcome ALOT, namely injuries and growing pains of a new offense. Now imagine this team with Gronk/Vereen back eventually and HOPEFULLY the drops issue solved among the rookies. I mean, not expecting them to light the world on fire but it's not asking too much for them to simply catch the ball at some point right? This offense can still be great in time. We need more Ridley and less Blount too.

Ghost, Allen, and company have been super solid on ST's. We don't win this game without them doing their part.

Shame on those who left the game early, glad they missed an epic moment.

Not to poo poo on the parade....but where is all the emotion???!!! The team should have been mauling each other!!!

They were exhausted. It is what it is.

Awesome football game. Awesome. This team is 5-1.

5-1.

With Gronk, we will *****slap the Broncos 45-28 style.

Thompkins, Dobson, Edelman, Collie.

70 yards, 73 seconds, GOAT.

I'm going to pile onto so many posters here.

Brady has been playing lights out for so, so, so long, that Patriot fans are astonished and depressed by him when he makes mistakes. And yes he made a lot of mistakes. The obvious one was the INT and the Amendola miss, but he also didn't get the ball out to Hooman on a key blitz.

NEWSFLASH: many many NFL QBs make similar mistakes (on the INT, Dobson took a very deep cut over the middle on his route, and that's why Lewis was there, because Lewis was on Dobson and Dobson needed to clear sooner). Brady made a horrendous throw regardless.

Brady has looked mortal this year. But for people to talk about replacing him is beyond absurd and bizarre. Do you not watch other NFL games?

Everyone should read this. Especially the bolded part. Matt Schaub throwing the ball? Gary Kubiak calling the plays?

where is that dumbass who said Gronk cost us the SB? I want his retort.

Great win in the end but a couple of thoughts:

Dobson and Bolden both have bad hands. I know we are only 6 games in but I'm particularly concerned about Dobson - I'm not sure I see a good wide receiver in him.

Injuries are killing this team. If Talib is out any length of time (and Mayo) it's really going to affect the defence.

Brady's deep ball has really been off this year. He's good in the intermediate range but on the long ball he has really sucked. He missed Amendola on a sure TD and the one to Edelman was badly under thrown.

Got to give the team credit for battling through. Despite the injuries, they hung tough and contested everything.

And despite everything we are 5-1. We have given ourselves some breathing room to get people healthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back