PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Patriots vs Saints game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was a Minnesota Vikings esque loss for the Saints. Hope pherein is OK after that one...he's a good poster on this board, but man....that had to be rough

Wow, never seen a win so dominate by refs

Dd you watch the same game I did? If so you should take those gold and black glasses off. They're not helping your vision :rolleyes:

How many times you see Saints offensive linemen tackle Patriots defensive players and freaking sit on them? Where were those flags? Eyyy????

You are embarrassing yourself now.

There were some questionable calls, but pherin won't find any sympathy on this board.

And anyways, the bigger story of the game is that Brees has 2 series to salt away the game and failed both times. Can't put that on the refs.

Holy $h!t.

That was another amazing catch by KT. Looks like Brady trust this kid and it will only get better. Great game to both teams!!!! Could be a SB rematch????

You are embarrassing yourself now.

No I'm really not, what would be embarrassing is the ref calls. patriots need to win without them being really bad

There were some questionable calls, but pherin won't find any sympathy on this board.

And anyways, the bigger story of the game is that Brees has 2 series to salt away the game and failed both times. Can't put that on the refs.

I thought the two biggest blunders of the game by the refs were the false stary call when NO was going for it on 4th and the baffling OPI on Dobson. Bad calls both ways today. Most people posting in this thread have probably said something in a previous game day thread that they'd like to have back. Pherein's a great poster here, if the shoes were switched I know I'd be venting. Unbelievable game.

And for the Brady haters and detractors, you can say all that stuff you want about he's declining, old, or "lost a step," all you want but I wouldn't trade him for anybody on the planet because:
thats-my-quarterback-thumb.jpg

He's the greatest of all-time. Hate on that!

Jq6kM.gif

No I'm really not, what would be embarrassing is the ref calls. patriots need to win without them being really bad
I don't deny the Patriots were on the receiving end of 2 exceptionally helpful calls pherein but the amount of holding the Saints were allowed to commit certainly counteracted that. The more egregious of the calls was the suspect OPI on Dobson. That was a fairly poor call if the Stills and Thompkins TDs are allowed to stand.

That might have been the best regular season Patriot game I've ever seen. Anyone have another game they think was better?

Well i'll give you the false start early in the game that was a bad call. Since i chickened out during after the three straight dropped passes i don't recall any other bad calls going against the saints.

This joke needs to be banned, we beat ATL when the refs tried to hand them the game. Stills pushed off for td doesn't get called yet Dobson does. Jones got held every play and only called once while mankind got called twice.

Saints suck like I said 1 dimensional can't run the ball.

I don't deny the Patriots were on the receiving end of 2 exceptionally helpful calls pherein but the amount of holding the Saints were allowed to commit certainly counteracted that. The more egregious of the calls was the suspect OPI on Dobson. That was a fairly poor call if the Stills and Thompkins TDs are allowed to stand.
Quite a bit of hands to the face of C Jones that weren't called, but that seems to be the case in most games

the refs did let a lot of plays get out of hand..on both sides Pherein...the Amendola hit was a 100% 15 yarder...no call...he'll be fined big for THAT hit. The refs let Talib clutch and grab Graham all game...seemed to throw off his rhythm. His worst game of the season. The O lines seemed to have a lot of holding leeway also, but that swung both ways too...i already have a number of shots of Jones ,once again, being illegally grabbed and blocked. This is getting ridiculous from our POV all season long.

Game of the week.

Get the F outa here. Go home and cry with your team. Holding up the victory ball in front of our sideline??? You are pathetic. Nobody bought your crocodile tears when you were "certain" you were gonna win. Your a fake. Beat it

This joke needs to be banned, we beat ATL when the refs tried to hand them the game. Stills pushed off for td doesn't get called yet Dobson does. Jones got held every play and only called once while mankind got called twice.

Saints suck like I said 1 dimensional can't run the ball.
I'll take Pherins word over yours, hes always been a class act here unlike a lot of newer posters such as yourself

You should list those calls. Quite honestly, I only remember one (illegal movement on the Saints). I would be pissed at the Saints offense for giving the Pats the ball back twice after Aikman called out BB for not punting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back