PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The official Patriots vs Redskins game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, I've gone over to the "Dark Side." There is absolutely no effin' chance we win a SB with this defense. We may win one home game with a bye in the play-offs (PLAY-OFFS???), but a good QB, not great, with a pretty good pass rush on D will slice us to shreds. The pressure on our offense to score a TD, not a FG, on virtually every possession is just enormous. We'll crack under that pressure sooner, or later.

Away game though.

Even in the Super Bowl years, the Patriots lost games like this. Remember losing in December to the bottom feeder Dolphins during the 14-2 year?

Or even the other 14-2 year, 2003, when the Pats lost... at Washington.

Late game thread?

Sssssshhhhhh! Don't let that secret out.

Are you ******* kidding me? If you are in any way shape or form confident that this defense can stop anybody you should seek professional help. Oh so they didn't suck as badly in the second half against one of the most inept offenses in the league? Wow, and here I am getting all concerned for nothing! Let's also pretend that the interception wasn't a lucky bounce, and the result of somebody making a play.

Or even the other 14-2 year, 2003, when the Pats lost... at Washington.

Mike Shanahan owns BB. But this was a pretty bad day from the D. And that is saying something..

The BOB-Brady hug at end was funny, I like the fire and how much they want to win and they aren't afraid to show that.

I thought we really missed Spikes and his run stuffing today, I haven't seen many teams being able to run the ball on us that well this season, but today the 'skins seemed to be able to get chunks of yardage at will.
I hope Chung is back soon because we were hapless again at stopping the pass.
It was good to see Dane Fletcher out there though, glad to see he's healthy, he made a lot of plays in pre-season I hope he can get some confidence and make some plays down the stretch.

I do wish that Mayo would stop making 100s of tackles behind the line, and actually make some game changing plays!

shut up, take the win and go home. it is what it is. we live to fight another day. i will worry about the playoffs whenever they come

Also, I love Deion Branch, but he is absurdly prone to just disappearing from games. Having SuperBowl aspirations with Branch and Tiquan Underwood as your number 2 and 3 receivers is a joke. Those guys would probably be 6th or 7th in the depth chart of the Saints, Packers or Steelers.

Y'know what? Let's not overthink this one.

They WON.

Yup, pretty much. None of the negatives that we saw today should be surprising to anyone; we already know that the defense sucks. At this point, any game that we can win without major injuries is a victory in my book. Just get the bye and get into the playoffs.

Also, I love Deion Branch, but he is absurdly prone to just disappearing from games. Having SuperBowl aspirations with Branch and Tiquan Underwood as your number 2 and 3 receivers is a joke. Those guys would probably be 6th or 7th in the depth chart of the Saints, Packers or Steelers.

Agreed and Branch was benched. But why Underwood over Ochocinco?

Are you ******* kidding me? If you are in any way shape or form confident that this defense can stop anybody you should seek professional help. Oh so they didn't suck as badly in the second half against one of the most inept offenses in the league? Wow, and here I am getting all concerned for nothing! Let's also pretend that the interception wasn't a lucky bounce, and the result of somebody making a play.

WHINE... WHINE.. WHINE.. You are so pathetic with your whining about the defense. Maybe you should go root for the jets with how pathetic you sound with your whining.

You are dumb if you think that the interception was the result of anything other than someone making a play. Or didn't you see Tracy White getting his hand in there as well?

Am I all gooey over this defense? No. They played a horrible game. But stop pretending like people are saying something they aren't. Stop whining like a GD 2 year old who isn't getting his way. How about you talk about the plays instead of whining all the GD time. Or are you incapable of that? And that goes for all you other WHINING LEMMINGS who can 't do anything else other than B!TCH, MOAN, and Complain about this team.

Could you let us know when you have more than just aspirations of having knowledge of football.

BTW, Tiquan Underwood isn't the #3 receiver. But far be it from you to know wtf you are actually talking about.

Any win on the road is good. Phew.

WHINE... WHINE.. WHINE.. You are so pathetic with your whining about the defense. Maybe you should go root for the jets with how pathetic you sound with your whining.

You are dumb if you think that the interception was the result of anything other than someone making a play. Or didn't you see Tracy White getting his hand in there as well?

Am I all gooey over this defense? No. They played a horrible game. But stop pretending like people are saying something they aren't. Stop whining like a GD 2 year old who isn't getting his way. How about you talk about the plays instead of whining all the GD time. Or are you incapable of that? And that goes for all you other WHINING LEMMINGS who can 't do anything else other than B!TCH, MOAN, and Complain about this team.

Okay then. We have a complete team, and our defense is championship caliber. Doesn't matter if Dan Orlovsky and Rex Grossman tore us a new one in consecutive weeks, they are still competitive and I am certainly confident they can stop teams like Pittsburgh come playoff time. We should all just be grateful for being 10-3, and for having the division pretty much locked up. Remember when we went into a season with SuperBowl aspirations? yeah, that was silly. Winning 12-13 games and just getting into the postseason surely is enough for me!

Could you let us know when you have more than just aspirations of having knowledge of football.

BTW, Tiquan Underwood isn't the #3 receiver. But far be it from you to know wtf you are actually talking about.

If he isn't the number three receiver, what is he? His number of snaps played would indicate that.

It wasn't pretty, but a win on the road late in the season, I'll take it. Tim Tebow can't possibly light up the Pats secondary (at least based on what I'm seeing today against the Bears), can he?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back