PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Patriots vs Ravens Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsBoy12

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
I know it's very early in the day, as the early games are just wrapping up. However, I am super anxious for the game to start because I want to see how the Pats rebound from the dismal performance (at least offensively and ST) last week. Both teams are coming off a loss last week, in fact, and they both boast incredible records after a loss (Pats 27-3 after a loss since 2003). This is the whole unstoppable force vs. the immovable object thing, I guess.

We're in for a really good game tonight that may very well come down to the last team with the ball, the team that makes the least costly mistakes, or both. The Pats MUST win the battle in the trenches. That's important during every game, but especially against a big and physical team like the Ravens. Establishing the run and maintaining balance, two things they've emphasized in the young season, become so much more important for a game like this one.

At any rate and as PATSNUTme usually says . . .

PATSNUTme said:
Please post your pre-game and during the game thoughts and comments on this thread only.

Let's hope for a good game with no injuries and a Patriots victory.

There is a lot at stake with this game and . . . the team is well aware that a full effort will be needed.

Last edited:
Sorry but it aint "official" until Patsnutme posts it.

It's official.

I was going ot post it at 4:30 AM but it probably would not be early enough for some.:D

Please don't start other threads about tonight's game before or during the game, it save a lot of merging and deleting.

Had a good feeling about this game since about noon now after seeing the cards and jets suck. we will be fine. GO PATS

But please...don't freak if we lose people. The jets are garbage this year...no worries about the division

Last edited:
Just for consistency sake , with reiss's 'foreword'
Welcome to M&T Bank Stadium - New England Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston

BALTIMORE -- Welcome to M&T Bank Stadium, where the Patriots (1-1) face off with the Baltimore Ravens (1-1) in prime time (8:20 p.m. EST, NBC).

Great night for football. The last time the Patriots were here, in December 2007, conditions were cold and blustery. Not so this time around. The current temperature is 69 degrees, and temperatures will drop into the mid-60s by game time. Winds are out of the northwest at about 6-7 m.p.h., while there is no precipitation in the forecast. The dew point is 41 degrees (36 percent humidity).

Feel for the stadium. Opened in 1998, M&T Bank Stadium is in walking distance from downtown Baltimore and adjacent to Oriole Park at Camden Yards. The seats are mostly purple, with a section of black seats in the mezzanine. The stadium is closed at both ends. There is a black "Art" marking on each sideline at the 10-yard line, honoring the late Art Modell, who moved the original Cleveland Browns franchise to Baltimore in 1996.

Three more inactives. The Patriots have already declared out or downgraded to out four players for tonight's game: tight end Aaron Hernandez (ankle), defensive linemen Justin Francis (ankle) and Brandon Deaderick (ankle), and cornerback Alfonzo Dennard (hamstring). They must deactivate another three players 90 minutes prior to kickoff.

Hermansen gets the call. Replacement official Bruce Hermansen has the call for tonight's game.

NBC broadcast. Today’s game will be called on national television by Al Michaels (play by play), Cris Collinsworth (analysis), and Michele Tafoya (sideline reporter).

Scouts in the house. There are advance scouts from the Buffalo Bills and Cleveland Browns in the press box. That's standard operating procedure, as the Patriots travel to Buffalo and the Ravens host the Browns next week.

Torrey smith is back from his brother's funeral and is going to play. Huge emotional game and lift which the pats have to overcome.

tumblr_mat7fgCVRF1qclcbeo1_500.jpg

Last edited:
Very excited for this game! I think we will play well tonight.. no idea if that results in a W or L. As a few others have said a loss wouldn't be the end of the world. Just turn off your tv and radio for the week and everything will be fine. As we have all witnessed so far this season this league is WIDE open... and yes our division stinks so we have going for us (which is nice). But of course.. I expect to win! ;)

I for one,am expecting about a 12 point loss so I won't be suicidal if the team loses.

In fact I would be surprised to see a 3 point loss or less but absolutely thrilled to see a 1 point win.

1-2 would not be a big deal and won't end the season.

Chillax

Last edited:
It's official.

I was going ot post it at 4:30 AM but it probably would not be early enough for some.:D

Please don't start other threads about tonight's game before or during the game, it save a lot of merging and deleting.

I hope I paid you tribute enough in my original post. Nobody does it better than you. I have just been really anxious for this game . . . hope I didn't encroach on your territory.

Torrey smith is back from his brother's funeral and is going to play. Huge emotional game and lift which the pats have to overcome.

Pretty amazing that he's playing; honoring the kid brother.

Was the funeral today? I thought the accident happened just last night.

hopefully lloyd and mankins are ready to go. reiss said both were out on the field early being looked at by trainers. could be a long night if they are missing for the game.

Last edited:
hopefully lloyd and mankins are ready to go. reiss said both were out early being looked at by trainers. could be a long night if they are missing for the game.

what did lloyd hurt?

I for one,am expecting about a 12 point loss so I won't be suicidal if the team loses.

In fact I would be surprised to see a 3 point loss or less but absolutely thrilled to see a 1 point win.

1-2 would not be a big deal and won't end the season.

Chillax

I am in the same boat as you...but only see a 3 pt loss. The jets and mia look horrible..pats will be fine at 1-2 if the lose..no worries

This game will tell us more about the defense, even if they lose by a lot.

Reiss on Twittah:

We'll see what it means, but offensive coordinator gave a high-five to Brandon Lloyd and then a thumb-up to head trainer Jim Whalen.

Josh McDaniels, Brandon Lloyd and Harold Nash had a little meeting after Lloyd's workout. Big smile from McDaniels at end of it.

This game will tell us more about the defense, even if they lose by a lot.

I've been cautiously optimistic about the defense until this game. I want to see if what we saw in the first two weeks is real or just a product of someone who is practically a rookie in week one and another player who is overrated and only started because the starter went down in week two.

Flacco is very good, if not elite, and he's got some weapons to play with. Rice presents a dual threat. The WR's are fast and one extremely physical. And Pitta has been doing his best imitation of Gronk in their offense. Oh yeah, this is the true barometer.

Reiss on Twittah:

We'll see what it means, but offensive coordinator gave a high-five to Brandon Lloyd and then a thumb-up to head trainer Jim Whalen.

Josh McDaniels, Brandon Lloyd and Harold Nash had a little meeting after Lloyd's workout. Big smile from McDaniels at end of it.

I still wonder what it could have been that he tweaked.

According to the injury report it is a thigh.

Reiss on Twittah:

Evan Silva of Rotoworld predicts that this game may be the breakout game from Lloyd.

I posted a thread before week 1 which had Silva predicting a top Ridley performance and he was right then,hopefully he is 2 for 2 by the end of tonight's game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes