PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Patriots vs Ravens AFC Championship Game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad the pats are leading at the half. Aside from the one TD drive, the pats defense played really well. The offense moved the ball fairly well; they only seemed to have trouble on 3 and 2. 30 minutes left. Just win the second half and prepare for a trip back to NO.

I'd take the Pats winning the 2nd half 13-7

If we can get the ball quickly in the 3rd Quarter and keep their D on the field for a scoring play we're really going to have a huge advantage in the 4th quarter. Lets not let up on the pressure.

Just abysmal clock management at the end, but the fact is they scored 10 points in the last 4:22 of the half. That's pretty nice. Now, of course, they need to keep Baltimore out of the end zone here because it would suck to work that hard and suddenly be down a point after all that.

why didn't brady throw it into the stands???????

Does anybody remember what the score of last year's game was at halftime?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk

We have to draft a fast WR, the offense is obviously amazing but it seems tight.

Listening to the half time commentary I could have sworn the Ravens were up 31-0.

they have had bad field position and been dominated in TOP but still down 6 pts on the road .They should feel very happy about it.

The only thing that's kept the Patriots in this game has been the special teams! (giving the Ravens poor field position has been huge for us)

Other than that, we have left AT LEAST 2 TDs out there. And as good as they are on 3rd down, they've had some bad play calling on a couple 3rd and shorts.

IMO we're going to need 2 TDs this next half to win. Perhaps a FG as well. And I wanna see us get to Flacco at least 2 more times.

Also - it was just unbelievable to see Talib go down. Injuries have been costing us at the WORST times recently and how unlucky we've been can't even be described. Don't wanna make excuses though.

On thing I like: here are the Ravens' drives:

3 plays, 6 yds, punt
4 plays, 15 yds, punt
4 plays, 14 yds, punt
13 plays, 90 yds, TD
3 plays, 0 yds, punt

So four out of the five Ravens' drives were super crappy (from a Ravens' perspective). I'd like some more of that please.

id like a defensive TD sometime in the 3rd Q plz and thank you

By the way, the Gost led the league in scoring

On thing I like: here are the Ravens' drives:

3 plays, 6 yds, punt
4 plays, 15 yds, punt
4 plays, 14 yds, punt
13 plays, 90 yds, TD
3 plays, 0 yds, punt

So four out of the five Ravens' drives were super crappy (from a Ravens' perspective). I'd like some more of that please.

they are going to go deep now. make or break for the secondary in the 3rd Q.

We have to draft a fast WR, the offense is obviously amazing but it seems tight.

No one here willl ever admit that./

THE PATRIOTS NEED TO TURN IT UP TO
1225324_o.gif

AND USE SHANE VEREEN!!!!!!!

The Pats need to get Vereen more involved in the Passing game. The Ravens don't have anyone who can really cover him effectively. BRADY needs to look for his hot receiver more. I lost count of the number of times Ridley and Woodhead were open only to have Tom try and force it to Lloyd or Welker or Branch.

The defense needs to keep putting pressure on Flacco. Ninkovich's sack came at a great time. now that he knows how to beat McKinnie, let's hope he can do it some more. Hopefully Talib can start the 2nd half since he came back out of the locker-room.

I've not seen any of the Pats light D-line packages where they put Francis, Scott, Ninkovich and Wilfork out there. It's all been base for their front 4 with the back 7 changing up.

I think the Pats have done a great job of containing Ray Rice and Bernard Pierce. Other than the TD, those two have been held in check.

Happy for the lead but I do have concerns. Ravens are going to start throwing the ball more.

nice stat so far

REC YDS AVG TD LG TGTS
T. Smith 1 25 25.0 0 25 1
A. Boldin 0 0 0.0 0 0 2

I'm not blaming them for not calling a timeout after the Brady run. You use your last time out, then you're sacked, you lose 3 points. Hernandez is the one who screwed up.

OK. Happy with the clock management. 3 points is 3 points.

Could have been handled better. Probably missed out on a play or two.

Most definitely cost them two plays and probably 4 points. You're being too easy on Brady. Those types of mental lapses would have us laughing our asses off if it had been the Jests. There is no reason that type of mistake shouldn't come back to haunt us. I still can't f--ing believe what I just saw. Why Brady, why? What has happened to unflapable playoff Brady?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes