PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The official Patriots vs Raiders game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
After two weeks of barely blitzing (I read they have only blitzed 4-6 times in the last two weeks), I expect much more blitzing. Both Rivers and Fitzpatrick have quick releases, Campbell not so much. They can afford to leave the secondary a little more exposed this week to send an extra rusher or two especially with Louis Murphy out and their other receivers a little banged up.

After two weeks of barely blitzing (I read they have only blitzed 4-6 times in the last two weeks), I expect much more blitzing. Both Rivers and Fitzpatrick have quick releases, Campbell not so much. They can afford to leave the secondary a little more exposed this week to send an extra rusher or two especially with Louis Murphy out and their other receivers a little banged up.

Agreed. I know BB starts the season fairly vanilla, but it's time to start dialing it up.

Price plays WR, somebody else doesn't. Hmmmmm.

I don't know if I have the stomach to read today's gameday thread.

It means he's taking Aaaron Hernandez' spot in the offense and the Pats are doing alot of 5 wide today against a very suspect secondary.

Gearing up for the game, babies are in their Pats onesies:)

I think they will win also. However I think it will be because they are a better team, and not because of some record that goes back to 2003. That has no factor on this game.

Pats are 5-1 in games following ones that Brady threw 4 picks.

I've wavered back and forth this week on this game but now I am feeling confident the Pats will win this one and maybe, just maybe there will a presence of this good thing I hear called a pass rush. :D

Then again, maybe it's the beer thinking for me :rocker:

Was this great mental toughness part of blowing a 21 point lead?

You clearly didn't understand what I said or you're just stupid. I said the week after a loss, not during the loss last week.

I think the only way the Raiders win is if they can get constant pressure up the middle. I don't know if they will because their depleted secondary will allow Brady to make a lot of quick passes. Otherwise, I don't think the Raiders have what has been hurting the Pats so far this season. They don't have a dominant WR. They are a run first team. Their secondary is their weakness of the defense.

I'm excited but still a little nervous as well.

Today's inactives:

Today' inactives are Mallett, Bodden, Dowling, Haynesworth, Hernandez, Vollmer & Wright

Twitter

Chung and Taylor Price are active for those of you interested.

Alright this is a very important game (a very early one too), almost like our Pittsburgh game last year trying to bounce back from a rough loss. Looking for the Pats to either have one of those epic bounce back games or lots of pessimism.

Tommy want to win this one.

Bedard tweets Pats are warming up in their 4-3 base, no nickel.

Bedard tweets Pats are warming up in their 4-3 base, no nickel.

I don't think you are going to see a lot of subpackages against a run first team like the Raiders. At least not as much as we have seen thus far this year.

has shane vereen played any snaps yet or has been active before ?

I'm stuck on the Bills game here in W. NY..... Waiting for the NFL to move the NE game.

Christopher Price's 6 year old son has just announced that the Patriots will win 208-0.

Bills lose!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye