PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Patriots vs Raiders Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
No doubt that was either a) Edelman TD or B) Gronk TD. How can you snap the ball like that in that position?

That is just awful clock management. WTF

I thought it was fine though. Well that was a disappointing end. We get the ball first though. It just is annoying. Even when the OL blocks and they don't commit penalties we get a bad snap.

Was that Connolly in as center for that?

Guys we need stork bad, the oline absolutely sucks.

Yes, they were stupid. Hell, stupid is an understatement.

Oakland has 3 whole points.

Because it's Oakland. You do realize who they are playing against right? The way that defense was playing early on, any competent offense would have put up a lot more than 3.

Do people forget we are playing one of, if not THE, worst teams in the league?

Stop being silly.

Bad snap follows some Andy Reid-esque clock management.

Just awful.

8 seconds left with 3rd down. What exactly is the problem, in your mind? It's not on the O.C. if the center screws up a snap.

Proof Newton is a top 5 qb?
No proof that Josh McDaniels has no idea how to use his personnel, LaFell has played in the slot for 4 seasons, this season he is running Randy Moss deep routes.

Although I think Newton is on the cusp of top 5 just the same.

Yes, they were stupid. Hell, stupid is an understatement.

No.

I am sorry but there are a levy of issues with this team right now. While some of us go overboard with our description in the heat of the moment, it doesn't take away from the core present issues.

stunning play calling on that last drive - really

fSKT8HE.jpg

That series was pathetic. They should have thrown the ball on 2nd down and then possibly try a run and use the timeout if the pass was incomplete. Either Tom is good and can make the short end zone pass or there is a problem... IMHO.

No, they weren't. Oakland was converting 3rd downs with ease. They didn't need to put up a ton of yards because we helped them along with penalties. They were still easily converting 3rd downs. The D seems to be playing better now. The Offense too. So no complains from me.

The Pats were executing a gameplan to force the raiders to string together a bunch of plays to move the ball.

They know that the Raiders aren't polished enough to score TDs like the that. It's classic bend-don't-break and they haven't broken.

I don't love the philosophy, but I don't see the point in complaining when it's working.

8 seconds left with 3rd down. What exactly is the problem, in your mind? It's not on the O.C. if the center screws up a snap.

The play before that was the poor clock management.

wow almost spotted a 10 points otherway.. whew :eek:

Defense was great. Offense same ole story. So what did Lafell do exactly to earn all these snaps as WR2?

Dobson being scratched is not that ridiculous if you think about it objectively. Disappointing as it is, the Raiders have two significant weaknesses on defense - their run D and pass D in their secondary. The gameplan called for a more run based attack. For all the flack LaFell gets, he's one heck of a blocker and his prowess in that area was more important for a run-based attack-style gameplan.

Would hope that our success against the Raiders wouldn't hinge on whether or not we have a wr who is really just a blocker on the outside. Thought we might try to improve our horrendous passing game instead.

Completely wrong time to call the bad snap play.
The bad snap play was one of the better plays on the drive, at least it did not burn 20 seconds off the clock.

No.

I am sorry but there are a levy of issues with this team right now. While some of us go overboard with our description in the heat of the moment, it doesn't take away from the core present issues.

Your posts were among the most stupid, so it's really not surprising you'd be posting in response.

A large segment of this fan base can't separate execution from playcalling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes