PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Patriots vs Raiders Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rob, he'd be on the injury report if he was injured. Isn't it a big penalty to not report a player's injury?

The only penalty is people will call Belichick a cheat again. If a player is injured and participates fully in practice, there is no penalty for not including him on the injury report. And Belichick always plays with the injury report.

If Dobson is participating fully in practice, but still hasn't gotten his speed back or still has issues pivoting and cutting there is no real requirement for the Pats to report him on the injury report.

Hoping for a quick and sizable blowout so Stork can get extended reps.

I see the excuses for Dobson being inactive are already in full force.

I see the excuses for Dobson being inactive are already in full force.

The guy is coming back from major foot surgery. Of course there should be no excuse for him playing. He just sucks.:rolleyes:

Just take a look at Arian Foster as to why you don't push guys who didn't play in the preseason coming back from injury.

55 rushes in the 1st 2 weeks which is 5th most since 2000 and he is out today because of a hamstring.

Time cut Dobson and trade a 2nd and a 3rd for everyone's favorite overrated wide out Tiquan Underwood.

One thing I just don't buy is that they are benching Dobson and Thompkins because LaFell and Amendola were bigger names free agents and they don't want to pull them from the field because it will make them look bad. Dobson was a second round pick and it is just as bad to have to make him a healthy deactivate in his second year as it would be to deactivate Amendola or LaFell.

Watching Dobson in that last preseason game, he rounded his routes which tells me that he might be having problems planting that leg whether it is physical or mental. I am sure that is why he was deactivated in week one and three and they saw he hadn't gotten past it last week.

Time cut Dobson and trade a 2nd and a 3rd for everyone's favorite overrated wide out Tiquan Underwood.

Well, after this week, Brian Tyms will be back and he will be ready to start opposite Edelman.

Well, last night I asked one of my good friends--a Raiders fan--if he wanted to watch the game at my place.

His response: "I don't hate myself that much." I know a lot of Raider fans out here, and let's just say they're not optimistic. But at least I was able to steer the conversation to how Dennis Allen will be gone soon.

The guy is coming back from major foot surgery. Of course there should be no excuse for him playing. He just sucks.:rolleyes:

I am just saying, we don't hear anything from practices or the reports except that Dobson is participating fully and that this is a healthy scratch...

Also, if its true that he is not up to full speed then the coaches should have seen it earlier and gotten someone else to fill in prior to season starting...Right now we amendola/lafell who don't do anything, thompkins who is a 3/4 receiver at best, slater is just special teams, boyce who couldn't even make the team...Edelman is the only good receiver and he is a slot guy...

Overall the WR situation is just pathetic...I am surprised Tom hasn't said f*ck this and demanded a trade to a team which has actual receivers...

Well, after this week, Brian Tyms will be back and he will be ready to start opposite Edelman.
Tyms and Bolden on the same field? That's going to be scary.

Dobson not playing sucks, but let's remember that he missed the whole offseason because they played him while he was hurt last year. So if they're belatedly taking the cautious approach with him, I'm fine with that. You don't rush WRs whose feet aren't 100% back.

I am just saying, we don't hear anything from practices or the reports except that Dobson is participating fully and that this is a healthy scratch...

Also, if its true that he is not up to full speed then the coaches should have seen it earlier and gotten someone else to fill in prior to season starting...Right now we amendola/lafell who don't do anything, thompkins who is a 3/4 receiver at best, slater is just special teams, boyce who couldn't even make the team...Edelman is the only good receiver and he is a slot guy...

Overall the WR situation is just pathetic...I am surprised Tom hasn't said f*ck this and demanded a trade to a team which has actual receivers...

Edelman is not a slot receiver. He takes the majority of his snaps outside the numbers, by a wide margin.

was sitting here thinking of teams with worse outside receivers than us, and the only one i thought of was the browns but that's because gordon is out. maybe oakland but i like james jones.
...the jets but decker is a good 2.

WTF @ Dobson being inactive (and supposedly healthy)

I was expecting a very solid year from him.

First, the reporters only see him stretching. Actual practices are closed to the press. So they don't know what he is doing in practice. So you would never get any reports about how he is moving in practice.

Second, they were hopeful he would be ready for training camp. He wasn't. At that point, what can you do. It is hard for a receiver to get up to speed with this offense with an entire offseason. Trying to do it right before the start of the season is near impossible for most WRs.

Third, we don't know what this receiving corp is. The first half of the Miami game, people were gushing over all of Brady's weapons. They were killing the offense in the second half. Last week was a game plan to run the ball. We still need to see what this receiving corp is.

Edelman is not a slot receiver. He takes the majority of his snaps outside the numbers, by a wide margin.
He's white though. Which means he's automatically a slot receiver and therefore, also the next Wes Welker. Just like Riley Cooper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back