PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Patriots vs Panthers Preseason Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
End of the 1st half in Seattle - only one penalty against the Seahawks ........ hmmmmmm........

End of the 1st half in Seattle - only one penalty against the Seahawks ........ hmmmmmm........
Pete Carroll took care of the officials:

original.gif

I must have missed the play he played well. Do you remember which one it was?

Held up the interior on a few running plays. Didn't show up in the pass rush though. Still doubt he'll make the team.

Why cut McCuller? I mean sure you have Develin who fills the same roll better but why cut him? He seems to play STs and is there another backup LB you feel the need to pound the table to keep?

Vellano looked good with the starters. Not so sure he gets cut depending on the health of other guys. At least he probably makes it on the PS if he is eligible and slips through. He is good when limited and fresh. He just wears down cause he is smaller.

You think McCuller and Vellano make the team? Your call. As long as Chris Jones and Siliga don't end up on a list, I doubt it.

Gotta love this Siliga tweet from a few minutes ago:

S_Siliga sealver siliga
That pat game is real!!! We don't play punks.... Can't wait to suit up with my goons!!! Yes!!! Tom Brady is a goon!!!!!! Lol #patriots

Gotta love this Siliga tweet from a few minutes ago:

S_Siliga sealver siliga
That pat game is real!!! We don't play punks.... Can't wait to suit up with my goons!!! Yes!!! Tom Brady is a goon!!!!!! Lol #patriots

My boys out there eating tonight! Can't wait to join em!!!! #patriots #patlife

Thought that was better...

Sat to the very final tick of the clock...what a fine night for a football game.

Just re watching the game now. So I my posts might look random..

Our D looks good. Kinda crazy seeing Chandler in zone coverage..

EDIT:I am pretty sure Chandler was playing Willie's old role as Elephant line backer. On the play I was talking about with Chandler in Zone.

Last edited:
Jesus, even with Butler getting a showcase with the ones and no Mayo, this D is looking great.

Pats using split backs on O. I like it.

This obviously goes with out saying. But Luke Kuechly is a friken beast.

Hightower also a DNP with Mayo tonight

Well damn, bad drop by KT(great route), no reaction from Brady. Then right back to KT.

Wow, Brady to Vareen on a wheel route is a god damn thing of beauty..

Got a good look at that play...the LB was a step slow covering the wheel route and once Vereen made the catch he took the sideline unimpeded. If teams are going to cover Vereen 1 on 1 with a LB this season, well....good friggin luck.

Benji has been looking pretty good for the Panthers this preseason.

Dennard is great..

Revis and McC both in step in coverage is a thing of beauty...

.. The best corner in the game, with the second best FS in the game, is pretty awesome to watch..

Cannon has looked good at RT.

EDIT: Cannon at RT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes