PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Patriots vs Panthers Preseason Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
damn! seahawks again

Ryan Mallett is always a bit of a loner on the sideline isn't he?

I have a feeling the final preseason game next week will be all kinds of fun.

So who's starting opposite Revis week 1? It's down to Butler or Dennard

Outside of DBs playing WR, were there many two way players in the NFL last year?

I don't think there were ever many. Lots of players have that flexibility from college and high school, however.

Ever after the 50s and 60s, I guess.

Last edited:
Rest of team got tired of him constantly trying to sell them drugs

Brady was always hanging with him while Garopp struggled. Now that garopp's making plays, brady's hanging with offensive and defensive royalty, and leaving the two competitors to fight it out.

There aren't really even any WR/DB guys either. It's hard to be an NFL level player at any one thing, let alone two. Plus you get real tired playing in just one phase - even special teams.

Rapid reaction for bottom roster guys

Whos Hot

McCuller - LB/FB/TE
Beauh - LB
Vellano - DT

Whos Not

Wendell - C
Devey - G
Chung - S
Anderson - LB
Boyce - WR

Mixed Bag

Lafell - WR
Worthy - DT* (first game in about a year though)
White - RB

I would need to rewatch it to feel very comfortable about this though but that was without getting to review much. First reaction.

Will Smith played well. Interesting that he was playing DT with the first team.

Will Smith played well. Interesting that he was playing DT with the first team.

I must have missed the play he played well. Do you remember which one it was?

Both Nance and Simms basically just orgasamed on national TV talking about the Broncos

I must have missed the play he played well. Do you remember which one it was?

I think Will Smith has played himself right off the roster. I didn't see any positive plays from him while he was on the field.

Rapid reaction for bottom roster guys

Whos Hot

McCuller - LB/FB/TE
Beauh - LB
Vellano - DT

Whos Not

Wendell - C
Devey - G
Chung - S
Anderson - LB
Boyce - WR

Mixed Bag

Lafell - WR
Worthy - DT* (first game in about a year though)
White - RB

I would need to rewatch it to feel very comfortable about this though but that was without getting to review much. First reaction.

Hot as in probably not making the team? Beauhais might, if he can stick on special teams.

I have a feeling the final preseason game next week will be all kinds of fun.

Oh yes destroy the Giants tear them a new one, send em back to the locker room sore from behind.

Why cut McCuller? I mean sure you have Develin who fills the same roll better but why cut him? He seems to play STs and is there another backup LB you feel the need to pound the table to keep?

Vellano looked good with the starters. Not so sure he gets cut depending on the health of other guys. At least he probably makes it on the PS if he is eligible and slips through. He is good when limited and fresh. He just wears down cause he is smaller.

Why cut McCuller? I mean sure you have Develin who fills the same roll better but why cut him? He seems to play STs and is there another backup LB you feel the need to pound the table to keep?

Vellano looked good with the starters. Not so sure he gets cut depending on the health of other guys. At least he probably makes it on the PS if he is eligible and slips through. He is good when limited and fresh. He just wears down cause he is smaller.

I highly doubt Vellano slips through to the PS based on his play from last year. A lot of teams could use a tested dt. He didn't play well, but he wasn't awful either, solid depth player. If Silaga and Jones are healthy enough to be considered available for week 2-3, he may be a goner. Vince and Kelly seemed to play well from the little I watched tonight. Silaga(sp?), Jones, and Vellano are all back ups to the big geezers. Oh yeah, there's that rookie kid Easley too...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes