PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Patriots vs Panthers game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
For a non-division, non-conference game in mid-November, ESPN is hyping the crap out of this thing. I mean, this feels to me like one of the least significant games we've played all year, given the Jets dropping a division game yesterday.

It's always nice to do well on national tv in prime time, but this game seems like a problem for the Patriots. For a team that has won 5 in a row, the Panthers (if ESPN is to be believed) seem to be treating this as a Super Bowl of sorts. Those games always suck -- one team redlines it in terms of intensity, plays a good game, and then flames out for the rest of the year.

I suppose with the Broncos lurking, this is a bit of an important game for the Patriots, but of the losable games this year, this one would bother me the least.

CRAP!!!!!

Erik Scalavino @E_Scal
PPGS #Patriots WR/PR Julian Edelman appeared to catch his left ankle in the turf in warm-ups. Has been testing it out, limping a bit.

Erik Scalavino @E_Scal
#PPGS Edelman continues warming up, running pass routes, catching passes, but keeps fidgeting with that left ankle. Something to watch...

Last edited:
Scalavini is such a Felger-wannabee that he'd say Edelmen was out for the season if he bent over to re-tie his shoe. I'd be more worried if Scalavini wasn't posting gloom and doom....

if anyone can unstand what Ray Lewis is saying, please post it here. You would think one of the criteria to be on TV is speaking clearly. He is making an idiot out of himself and i think even ESPN would agree that he needs to go

Won't matter, He made himself look like an idiot when he said that Brooks sack/fumble that became a personal foul was the biggest embarrassment since Tom Brady and the tuck rule...

Did they make that rule when Tom Brady get hit? Didn't the patriots get the other hand of that in a previous game in that season? What about anytime before that? :rolleyes:

CRAP!!!!!

Erik Scalavino @E_Scal
PPGS #Patriots WR/PR Julian Edelman appeared to catch his left ankle in the turf in warm-ups. Has been testing it out, limping a bit.

Erik Scalavino @E_Scal
#PPGS Edelman continues warming up, running pass routes, catching passes, but keeps fidgeting with that left ankle. Something to watch...

here we go :rolleyes:

Wow, our guys can't even catch a break in warm ups? What a train we're on this season.

Hope he's out there. Let's go boys!!

For a non-division, non-conference game in mid-November, ESPN is hyping the crap out of this thing. I mean, this feels to me like one of the least significant games we've played all year, given the Jets dropping a division game yesterday.

It's always nice to do well on national tv in prime time, but this game seems like a problem for the Patriots. For a team that has won 5 in a row, the Panthers (if ESPN is to be believed) seem to be treating this as a Super Bowl of sorts. Those games always suck -- one team redlines it in terms of intensity, plays a good game, and then flames out for the rest of the year.

I suppose with the Broncos lurking, this is a bit of an important game for the Patriots, but of the losable games this year, this one would bother me the least.

It's almost like a game between two good teams might be more interesting to the national viewer than another awful AFC East matchup.

I've been waiting way too long for this and the suspense excites me - to finally be able to see this offense with Brady, Gronk, Amendola, Dobson and Vereen together. It's almost time.

Let's go, PATS!

Tonight should give us an impression of the offense. If we put up 42 or more, I think this offense leapfrogs to almost the top. It gives me shivers thinking about that.

Not that I expect them to return kicks but

Jeff Howe ‏@jeffphowe 26m
Vereen, Boyce and Slater currently warming up as kick returners

Why is Ray even on ESPN??? He adds absolutely nothing ..

good luck pats fans , please kick some kitty tail :p

Looks like somebody is missing :D . Please please let Boyce return kicks.

If Edelman is out then one of them will probably be the kick returner. I'm hoping for Boyce as I wanna see what he can do.

The Patriots have won five straight and 11 of their last 12 on Monday Night Football, and the Pats have won four of their last five when they are not favored to win.

Just saying.
And their 18-6 after a bye...just sayin too. I just hope we haven't just jinxed them.

Has there been anyone else except Scalavino that has reported that about Edelman?

I've checked the usual Patriots beat writers twitter accounts and none of them have said anything. Figured they'd report if it was significant as he is saying.

Please never let Edelman leave the patriots. Dude is too funny.

Segments like this don't help Brady get liked by other fanbases.... just sayin

If Edelman is out then one of them will probably be the kick returner. I'm hoping for Boyce as I wanna see what he can do.

Edelman doesn't return kicks. He returns punts and according to Jeff Howe the backups to him are Amendola and Thompkins

Jeff Howe ‏@jeffphowe 30m
Edelman, Amendola, Thompkins currently warming up as punt returners.

I am hype for this one. How can you not like the pats???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back