PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The official Patriots vs Jets POST game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good news: Patriots won

Better news: Patriots lead the division and have swept the Jets

Even better news: Patriots have the easiest remaining schedule in the NFL

Best news: Patriots have Tom Brady at quarterback

Yeah, kind of odd the way Ocho disappeared after making a big gain. Then you see he and Brady having a pretty intense discussion on the sidelines, then no more Ocho targets (I don't know about snaps). Then Brady catches fire; it had a bit of that "FU I'm moving on without you you feel from the Miami game last year that tuned out to be Moss's last here. Not that I expect that but it was odd.

Great game. So many things improved. Yeah, a lot of people went too far this week with the negativity and some people went too far the other way. But after the last two weeks there was room for improvement, and that's what these untrained eyes saw: a Tom Brady who was back to sidestepping pressure calmly rather than ducking it wildly; an O line that did fine protecting Brady even if the run blocking wasn't quite there; a D front seven that was energetic, aggressive and stout; and a kick and punt coverage team that did very well against a good return team.

As for the Jets: No, you didn't win the division tonight. How in the world do you come out so flat in such a game at home? OK, you didn't come out flat ... you came out on fire. Then the Pats D stopped you and you blew a kick THEN you showed no life. Maybe spend less time yapping.

Re: one of the best wins in pats history ...

like i said i corrected myself best reg season win ... we were not given a chance and we should always say we dont lose 3 in a row.. i was wrong.. as usual
Given no chance by entitleds like you, not the real fans and real NFL experts/

Adam V passes for a TD in STL and the Troy Brown as a defensive player era begins vs the vaunted Rams offense. This game reminded me of that - BUT that offense dwarfs the one NE played tonight. But I suppose that even though Troy Brown was playing D, there were better "other players" helping him than there were out there tonight.

Two similar games.

Great win tonight and it makes me really proud to be a Patriots fan. Not just because they got the win or it was against the Jets, but they really showed some character tonight and proved the doubters wrong. I think the key on defense was having both Carter and Anderson on the field together for a lot of snaps. I've been talking all week about the key to defense in the NFL is to create pressure and force turnovers. With both Carter and Anderson together playing a more attacking D, they created pressure which forced the turnovers. I think this is the kind of defense that a lot of us wanted to see at the start of the year when they made the swithc to the 4-3. If the LB'ers and DB's can get healthy we might have something on D.

I'm watching Big Vince on 5th qtr right now and,,,, umm,,, Who fricking dresses him? :p

REI. I think I used to have one of those tents.

Yeah, kind of odd the way Ocho disappeared after making a big gain. Then you see he and Brady having a pretty intense discussion on the sidelines, then no more Ocho targets (I don't know about snaps). Then Brady catches fire; it had a bit of that "FU I'm moving on without you you feel from the Miami game last year that tuned out to be Moss's last here. Not that I expect that but it was odd.

Patriots ran a lot of no huddle. Ochocinco has not been in the system long enough or proven to Brady/Belichick that he deserves to surpass Gronkowski, Woodhead, Welker, Branch, or Hernandez in the no huddle package. It's not really a knock on Ochocinco perse.

Patriots ran a lot of no huddle. Ochocinco has not been in the system long enough or proven to Brady/Belichick that he deserves to surpass Gronkowski, Woodhead, Welker, Branch, or Hernandez in the no huddle package. It's not really a knock on Ochocinco perse.
This makes sense.

Great win tonight and it makes me really proud to be a Patriots fan. Not just because they got the win or it was against the Jets, but they really showed some character tonight and proved the doubters wrong. I think the key on defense was having both Carter and Anderson on the field together for a lot of snaps. I've been talking all week about the key to defense in the NFL is to create pressure and force turnovers. With both Carter and Anderson together playing a more attacking D, they created pressure which forced the turnovers. I think this is the kind of defense that a lot of us wanted to see at the start of the year when they made the swithc to the 4-3. If the LB'ers and DB's can get healthy we might have something on D.

Tough in-division game on the road. Great win. I'm proud as well.

I thought they played a lot more 34 today than in previous weeks. Turned out to be a better match up for the Jets. Let's see if this 34 trend continues.

Given no chance by entitleds like you, not the real fans and real NFL experts/

look u can safe to say sanchez is not a nfl qb... he should have used dustin keller more... he still throw for over 300 yards.. but we made the plays that counted.. and still doesnt take the sting of that playoff loss last yr... yet we may have ruined the jets season if they lose to the broncos....

Damn, nice suit, Tom.

Looks like TFB has an appointment tonight. ;)

steve burton asks the flucking stupidest, most mundane questions...he epitomizes an "empty suit"....

True, but Edelman was out there late in the game. Can't believe he would be on the field before Ocho. Hoepfully Ocho can still contribute to the team.

Interesting.... I'm not seeing many posts from the more aggressive Jets fans that have been around of late...

Holy crap I never realized Carter looked like an accountant.

True, but Edelman was out there late in the game. Can't believe he would be on the field before Ocho. Hoepfully Ocho can still contribute to the team.

I don't remember that. Good call.

I thought he contributed well in the first series (2nd series?).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back