PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Patriots vs Jets POST Game Thread

Mangold was unacceptably reckless with Talib's health.

We can give him a partial pass for not knowing much about how to tackle; while I presume he was a 2-way player in high school, I doubt he's practiced tackling much since then. But again -- even if deliberate intent isn't proven, recklessness is.

Do you know what is better than an ugly win

it's two ugly wins

Do you know what is better than an ugly win

it's two ugly wins

Yup..

troy-and-abed-community.gif

we stink, but at least we are stinking winners.

hope we can get in sync next week (and more i hope that i dont have to say this line every goddamn week!)

Quote:
They'll find out Randy can't run consistently anymore. He'll drive [Tom] Brady and [Bill] Belichick crazy. This is just my personal opinion from what I saw: He's losing his legs. He's becoming an old man fast.
-Art Shell
I read your signature and thought to myself ...maybe Randy Moss is old and his legs aren't what the use to be, but at least he can still catch the damn ball

I think you mean he was the Jets best receiver!

we stink, but at least we are stinking winners.

hope we can get in sync next week (and more i hope that i dont have to say this line every goddamn week!)
I don't particularly care if the team wins every game 13-10. What was concerning was the lack of synchronicity on offense without Gronkowski, Amendola and Vereen suiting up. Inject those three back into the line up and that will alleviate many issues. That said, the rookies in Thompkins, Dobson and Boyce need to show they belong in the NFL. None of the three have shown that through week 2.

We'll get a far better idea of where the D is at in weeks 4,5 and 6.

I didn't watch the game, but I think it's obvious that Brady is getting pissed at the drops!

But one thing, how many times would this team have a bad display on O and the D continued to roll over!

At least it's a win! Not convincing, but people, we beat the ******ing Jest!

A couple of quick thoughts...

(1) Boy this team looks like total crap. But I said from the outset it would look ugly early, and we were all grateful that the opening schedule had the Bills and Jets. Well, it's a good thing we played the Bills and the Jets.

(2) We have been longing for the day when the defense would be able to carry this team. Granted, the Pats played two bad offenses, but this is the first game in years where the Pats have scored fewer than 17 points and *won*. The defense has allowed just 24 points (7 of the Bills' points came on a fumble return for a TD) in two games, and has created 5 turnovers. That's getting it done.

SOOOOO much work to do with this team, though. Nonetheless, we are 2-0, and they can't take those wins away.

I love how the run game was replaced by quick passes to Edelman. If the Patriots continue to have trouble run blocking against good defensive fronts, Amendola and Edelman will both have a lot of short targets.

As long as displaying anger and frustration at teammates doesn't hurt team chemistry, I am okay with Brady's behavior.

will take the win.

Seriously though. The rookies are getting reps and when the injured start to come back this is going to help them out more. I just hope their upward trajectory is very high.

Cos at times last night they looked lost.

Great win.

And as for Mangold. Screw you buddy. Dirty play, and it isn't even worth debating with anyone that thinks otherwise.

Doing Whats Best for the Team

I guess doing whats best for the team includes:

Failing to sign the most durable WR in the NFL who is a lock for 100 catches and 1000 yards to a ridiculously modest contract given his production, while you enter the season with money to spare under the cap.

Having your hall of fame quarterback, who restructured his contract, rely on a rookie class of wide receivers in an offense, where most veteran receivers struggle to pick up the system.

Hmmm.. interesting. Everyone here seems to think Dobson was terrible, but I came away thinking he was pretty good tonight and am very encouraged for his future. He got consistent separation from his defender, including vertically. Just needs to work on his hands and get more reps. I think we have a player though.

JMO...

I agree, Dobson is going to be a stud, just needs reps. He was open all over the field tonight. He will correct his issues, no doubt in my mind. Rooks will be even better when Gronk gets back due to the attention he'll receive. It was a Blessing in disguise with these WRs getting all these reps, they'll improve. 2 and 0 Baby ! Undefeated !

By mid season this team will be the best team in the nfl, hands down.

Re: Doing Whats Best for the Team

Prolly should've just posted this in the practice squad and saved the mods the trouble.

To recap, because apparently you have been cryogenically frozen for the past 6 months:

Welker was redundant with Gronk and Hernandez signed to long term deals.

Hernandez (allegedly) killed Odin Lloyd months after Welker signed with the Broncos.

Welker has clearly lost a step and can't catch balls away from his body, or any ball with the game on the line.

The Patriots have been forced to "rely" on rookie receivers because of injuries to their top two receiving options, a murder by their third option, and injury to their fifth option; it was not exactly Belichick's grand plan, as your inane post implies.

Patriots were outplayed by the lowly New York Jets.

They won the game. Now 2 - 0.

That's the only positive from last night.

This schedule will not help them forever.

We're lucky the wind didn't change or we'd all be wearing a permanent cringe!

I'll take the win but that may well have been the worst Pats offense I have seen since that '90 season.

Also, I am very glad this team didn't face a better QB tonight.

That is actually one of my favorite teams of all time! They were terrible. Just terrible. Coached by the one and only Rod Rust, who was a well respected defensive guy. The reason I love them is that they beat Indy for their only win that year. As an old Baltimore Colts guy still pained by the move, I loved that. But honestly, that team was terrible. I don't think they scored over 20 points more than once that entire year.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back