PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Patriots vs Jets Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man if Dobson breaks out in this game i am going to laugh at the doubters

Rappaport was the first one to call Amendola missing this Jets game. Now, he's reporting him being out for more than just one week.

Belittling this latest info is a bit silly, given that.

I'm not going to give him credit for reporting something pretty much everyone knew was gonna happen barring Amendola being miraculously healed in 3 days.

Even i could of called that he would miss the Jets game given the way he was against the Bills.

There is no need to doubt Rap. Dude is usually on point. And 2-6 weeks for a groin injury is in the ballpark.

Would you like it in simplified American English? :p

If Tom Brady wasn't playing behind a very good Offensive Line, I would be very concerned about the Patriots chances of winning this game tonight given the key Inactives for the Patriots.

I think we knew what you meant, but if you read what you wrote that isn't really what it says.

Hoping we see this Chris Jones in the next few weeks. 12 sacks his senior season as a DT, color me intrigued. I know it was probably against a weaker division in college football, but still impressive. I think his poor 40 time is the reason he went in the 6th round. But this guy has a non stop motor and is driven to sack the QB. 6'2" 306, good size. 21 sacks total his last 2 seasons.
I'm intrigued by Jones too. Considering those credentials I'm wondering why he was cut twice already. Probably a poor scheme fit, maybe?

Can we have some defense talk please and talk about how Chandler is going to go JJ Watt on Geno tonight?

Can we have some defense talk please and talk about how Chandler is going to go JJ Watt on Geno tonight?

He did have a decent amount of sacks on Smith in college

Well, if you think about it, if there is one group you can afford to lose 3 key players from it is offensive skill players. I'd much rather have this situation than be down 3 OL. Or even 3 Defensive players.......

tumblr_meuadalei91qfzgyio1_500.gif

I am pumped to see the young wr develop with Tom!!!! This game will have some much help for the rookies. They will get real game reps and will learn alot. It may be frustrating, but it will pay off come weeks 13-19 or 20.

I think we knew what you meant, but if you read what you wrote that isn't really what it says.
It meant exactly what was written. There's no confusion behind it.

It meant exactly what was written. There's no confusion behind it.

If you said "if we didn't have" instead of "as long as we have" it would make more sense.

I just heard a report that we will either win, lose, or tie tonight. That is, if the game is not postponed due to weather. Still waiting for confirmation though

Man if Dobson breaks out in this game i am going to laugh at the doubters

I think he will. I think Dobson will be the red zone target. Just as long as they understand their assignments!!!!

The Patriots D-Line should be able to easily control the LOS in this one.

Go Pats

Kick the crap out those jesters and prove once again how much they truly suck!!

J e t s

Suck

Suck

Suck

:rocker:

I look for the defense to not only shut down the Jets but to come up with some big plays. More playmakers on D tonight.

The Patriots D-Line should be able to easily control the LOS in this one.

According to a recent report I heard, they will either control the LOS or get controlled. I'll be back with confirmation

I look for the defense to not only shut down the Jets but to come up with some big plays. More playmakers on D tonight.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and predict we'll do one of the following:
A) Shut down the Jets like you said
B) Give up 1-10 points
C) Give up 10+ points

If I was a betting man I might even put money on it

It Is What It Is » Danny Amendola, Rob Gronkowski, Zach Sudfeld all inactive for Patriots

FOXBORO — The Patriots will be without their top two tight ends and their top receiver when they take on the Jets Thursday night as Zach Sudfeld (hamstring), Rob Gronkowski (back/forearm) and Danny Amendola (groin) are all inactive.

Amendola is missing the game after re-injuring his groin last Sunday while Gronkowski is out again as he recovers from offseason back and forearm surgeries.

Rounding out the list is running back Brandon Bolden (knee), rookie linebacker Steve Beauharnais (healthy), offensive lineman Will Svitek (knee) and newly-added defensive lineman Chris Jones (healthy).

On Tuesday, the Patriots placed running back Shane Vereen on injured reserve with a broken left wrist. He will be unavailable until Week 11.

Amendola will likely miss 2-6 weeks, according to a report from the NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport.

One player returning Thursday will be rookie receiver Aaron Dobson, who missed the opener and did not travel to Buffalo because of a hamstring injury. Dobson figures to see action behind Kenbrell Thompkins and Julian Edelman.

This will be the first game in a long time (well, maybe the Bills game was the first in a long time), where it will be the defense that will need to bail out the offense.

I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back