PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Patriots vs Falcons Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
fq3JWxM.jpg

I swear every year Tony Dungy looks more and more like Gollum.

Giving up 10 points in the last six minutes. Fell apart might be a bit of a overstatement, but they broke a bit.

My main point was after a stellar three and two thirds quarters, they went into soft mode a bit.

They allowed a TD with a 17 point lead, playing prevent then held after an onside kick to only give up 3. Then ended the game with a stop.
The defense won this game.

If we let Talib walk after this year we are doomed to mediocrity in the secondary yet again......Just take a look at this secondary w/o Dennard with his injury......imagine it w/o Talib too

I know we have other key guys we have to sign as well but in no way can the front office afford to let this guy walk free and clear....its a prove it deal for Talib.......WELL

I criticize the coach as much as anybody but the officials kept the falcons in this game... Blount had the first no question. Sudfeld = dudfeld.. time to upgrade.

2010-2012 pats lose this game 34-30. This ain't the same old defense.

Even with the Falcons limited, I think it's fair to say that, after 5 seasons of mostly being hot garbage, the Patriots' pass defense is finally serviceable or better again.

the pressure at the end will be a good learning experience for this team as the season moves on....they dodged a lot of bullets in the last 6 minutes.

Ball on the 45 ,2nd and 2...you run the RB, then run him again and then again on 4th...Brady and his sneaks have jumped the shark.Wendell cannot be trusted to cleanly snap and block under that kind of pressure.

Talib played lights out, which is why they got him and kept him. He got hurt last year at the end. He's a KEY player.

This team needs an effective blitz...period. Ryan was never moved off his spot. A statue. C'mon...when are they going to ramp it up?

4-0...take it all day all night...try to steal the next one. God, I'm starting to really love these guys...that was all heart at the end.

They did, but let's be honest....just how many freaking lucky breaks did Atlanta get in that time span? :eek:

Holy cow.

Welcome back

images

This ain't the defense of old folks. Love the redzone play and this is without Wilfork most of the game!

Very proud of you guys…

… hmmm and thanks for the divison ,hehe
Y'all take care of those pesky upstart Dolphins for us tomorrow night and we'll call it even! :D

the pressure at the end will be a good learning experience for this team as the season moves on....they dodged a lot of bullets in the last 6 minutes.

Ball on the 45 ,2nd and 2...you run the RB, then run him again and then again on 4th...Brady and his sneaks have jumped the shark.Wendell cannot be trusted to cleanly snap and block under that kind of pressure.

You did see the stat for Brady on 4th and 1s, right? 70 for 73.

Welcome back

Yep, we have a legitimate defense and then a vast improving offense.

They allowed a TD with a 17 point lead, playing prevent then held after an onside kick to only give up 3. Then ended the game with a stop.
The defense won this game.

Yep.

If that ball on the onside kick bounces 6 inches to the left game ends 30-16 or 33-16

The refs really almost gave it away.

They did, but let's be honest....just how many freaking lucky breaks did Atlanta get in that time span? :eek:

Holy cow.
I don't usually call out the reffs, but a lot of Atlantas luck came by way of the refferies

The Pats had a 17 point lead with six minutes left. I think all phases deserved a bit of blame for the late near collapse.

Exactly right. I would add the coaches too. When you have a 17-point lead with six minutes to play, the mission is simple. Do not let your opponent have three possessions. That is the mission. Everyone failed in that mission. All phases. Horribly.

But, in the end, the Patriots had three chances to win. Special teams needed to field the ball. It did not. The offense had to get six inches. They failed. Defense needed a stop on fourth down. They got it.

Defense! Defense! Defense! :rocker:

I'm thrilled they got the win on the road, in an hostile environment. Time to turn it in.

The game wasn't even as close as the scoreboard indicated. They dominated the Falcons without their 3 best pass catchers. That lets you all you need to know about the gap between them.

Patriots are all about winning, style points be damned.

Great game by the Pats, and w/o wilfork. Was a fluke the falcons made it close. Anybody here would have taken a win by the Pats by 1 point. Think the defense proved itself today, still work to do, but coming along.

Hope we have no serious injuries
Hope the board doesnt spend all week talking about how Atl came back

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes