PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Patriots vs Eagles Preseason Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tyms helped himself. Boyce was so-so. Some good, some not so good.

Interesting at the bottom of the roster, IMO. There are one-trick type players at several positions, and they're fighting against other one-trick type players. They all show something positive, and then we see the negative.

Which reminds me....

Time for the next cut thread.

You can add Barker, Boyce, Maneri, Beauharnais & Chris White to the list, off the top of my head.
And not that they're going anywhere, but I thought that Cannon, Ridley & Hightower were terrible,
and Pro-Bowler ST Ace Matt Slater whiffed yet again while attempting to tackle a Punt Returner.

You can add Barker, Boyce, Maneri, Beauharnais & Chris White to the list, off the top of my head.
And not that they're going anywhere, but I thought that Cannon, Ridley & Hightower were terrible,
and Pro-Bowler ST Ace Matt Slater whiffed yet again while attempting to tackle a Punt Returner.

Yeah, Cannon had a tough series there. Even worse, if came after his sloppy play at LT.

I think Cannon is a fine backup who can start in a pinch, but I want him to stay on the right side of the line.

I think we're going to have to keep at least ONE of Beauharnais/Chris White, just for backup LB/special teams purposes. I couldn't envision them both getting axed myself.

I'd get rid of both, keep Fleming & Mister Anderson, and find a 6th LB during final cuts.

https://twitter.com/shalisemyoung/status/500491531636457472
BvIaZU0IcAAvQLr.jpg:large

Who had unsportsmanlike conduct? I don't get it.

Did we ever get an explanation of what happened here? We have a play that is either a PI or a catch near the goal line, then a few shots of our coach being truly pizzed off about something the refs did, then the next thing the broadcast shows is the ball marked on the 25 yard line.

The unsportsmanlike had to have been on Belichick, it's rare to see him get that let's say animated.

I think he was angry that the ref accepted the penalty without even asking first because Belichick felt Edelman had a completion. But that seems like a trivial thing to get angry about.

The unsportsmanlike had to have been on Belichick, it's rare to see him get that let's say animated.

I think he was angry that the ref accepted the penalty without even asking first because Belichick felt Edelman had a completion. But that seems like a trivial thing to get angry about.

It was on Belichick.

He was apoplectic over not being informed or given an explanation for what happened. He can be seen saying "What happened? What happened?"

It was on Belichick.

He was apoplectic over not being informed or given an explanation for what happened. He can be seen saying "What happened? What happened?"
And "What the **** are you guys doing out there."

Did we ever get an explanation of what happened here? We have a play that is either a PI or a catch near the goal line, then a few shots of our coach being truly pizzed off about something the refs did, then the next thing the broadcast shows is the ball marked on the 25 yard line.

The Philly broadcast (with Brian Baldinger as analyst) also had no idea why the Unsportsmanlike
penalty was called either. One of those zebras must be really thin-skinned.

And does anyone know for whom Bill was looking after the game, after he & Chip shook hands?
It wasn't Cary Williams, was it?

Mallett outplayed JAG in that game, and Mallett looked only about as good as a baseline backup QB. Anyone wanting to cut Mallett on the basis of JAG's play to this point should really re-think their position.

And I'm not a Mallett fan, as most of you know.

Anyone wanting to cut Mallett on the basis of JAG's play to this point should really re-think their position.

I'm with you. Gropp has looked the way I hoped he'd look: like a very promising but very raw rookie, who should make a good backup NEXT season after a year under Josh's tutelage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back