PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The OFFICIAL Patriots vs. Dolphins POST-Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah Logan Ryan makes me feel alot better about our lack of veteran CB depth signings. He has delivered, great pick thus far and very crucial given our previous need for depth at the position.

Looked like he was shaking off the rust and warming up his shoulder for the spike, though he didn't get a lot of bounce on it...looking forward to seeing the real thing soon

Your third person narrative isn't fooling anyone!

Worst week of the season......

for the game thread posters. Lots of blame to go around, there.

I did my best to avoid the thread, glad I did. I do wish Fred would post all the negative comments during Kirsch Words, one was "fan of 22 years, done after this game" :bricks::bricks::bricks:

Big bounce back win. Every game will be a struggle, great to be 6-2 right now. Few of my observations:

-Excellent situational awareness by BB at the end of the 3rd quarter to take that timeout. That's 3 huge points that might not have been there.

-Brady played a poor first half and wonderful 2nd half IMO, pretty much the guy we need him to be this year outside of 2 plays today. Not superman, but make the key plays. I think the only real gripe I have is protect the f'n ball better. That pick was horrible, on the fumble he's got to know his clock is ticking and he's got to get rid of the ball or swallow it. Got very lucky on that play that not only we didn't lose the ball but got 10 yards and a first out of it. Other than that his 2nd half was very good.

-Was it just me or was Nantz one biased f***** today? He just couldn't get over the penalties. I admit the Pats benefitted today call-wise but they didn't seem like near as bad calls as he felt the need to overly insist. The PI on Gronk was iffy but the DB did lower his shoulder into Gronk as the pass arrived and didn't seem to make a play on the ball. A ticky tack call yeah but I've seen alot worse called. And he wouldn't (Please be quiet - edited) about it, or the batted ball on the aforementioned play. That's a penalty 9 times out of 10, (Please be quiet - edited) and move on. He was still talking about it the next drive. Simms is okay, like I said I can see disagreeing on the Gronk PI but he at least admitted that you can't really conclude that the Dolphin player was trying to recover the ball on that fumble. Plus Nantz couldn't hold back his joy when the Dolphins were driving and getting scores and hardly a peep when the Pats made a play, I usually don't pick at these things but today I really thought it was obvious.

-Like I said in the RB thread, Blount shouldn't be getting important carries unless Ridley/Bolden/Vereen are physically unable to play. Though he did run well later, just seems to kill drives early on.

-Heckuva play by DMC and Cole on that pick, wow.

-Ghost was once again huge. Pretty solid all around on ST's.

-Run D rebounded very nicely in the 2nd half. I was extremely worried at what the Fins were able to do on the ground in the 1st half.

This. And where is the outrage when the Pats get hosed. It's always "The Pats get all the breaks " It's really getting out of control. If the Pats get a penalty it's " That's the rule" , when it's against an opponent its "looked like the Pats got away with one there".

28-6 Bengals!!! Glad I'm only in at noon tomorrow because this is going to be a awesome hangover

Just to confirm...Do we get Vereen back right after the BYE?

This. And where is the outrage when the Pats get hosed. It's always "The Pats get all the breaks " It's really getting out of control. If the Pats get a penalty it's " That's the rule" , when it's against an opponent its "looked like the Pats got away with one there".

Also, Greg Bedard pointed out on the MMQB Twitter that he didn't see holding by Solder on that Gronk TD that got called me. Didn't seem to be a lot of discussion on that call.

The chicken littles and fair-weather fans showed their true colors again. It's funny to me, after all these years that people have been watching football that they haven't learned to stop overreacting to things.

The team preaches 60 minutes of football, likewise, fans should heed that and have support for the team to end, win, lose, or draw. All this, "the team sucks," "Belichick is a terrible GM," "put in Mallett," "Brady is the worse QB in the league," was laughable to me. It's embarrassing to see some people who call themselves fans acting that way. Shame on you.

It's often said a team gets their attitude from their head coach. I'm just really glad it doesn't come from the fans.

If it did, this team would crack at every single bit of adversity. Every single bad call would send them into a tail spin. Every bad bounce would cause them to crumble. This team would constantly throw selfish fits on the sideline a la Dez Bryant.

This team battles hard no matter what the score. This team came back from 31-3 against a Super Bowl contender last year. They came back to snatch a sure-fire defeat from the Saints just two weeks ago. This team is nothing like so many of it's fans, and for that, I am truly thankful.

Also, Greg Bedard pointed out on the MMQB Twitter that he didn't see holding by Solder on that Gronk TD that got called me. Didn't seem to be a lot of discussion on that call.

Looked to me like Solder got his hand into the v-neck of his jersey and pulled him down. His hands were in close, so you could only see it from one direction I think.

I did my best to avoid the thread, glad I did. I do wish Fred would post all the negative comments during Kirsch Words, one was "fan of 22 years, done after this game" :bricks::bricks::bricks:

That's okay, this fan of 53 years is still here.

team will go nowhere come playoffs...but i think they at least get there

The irony of this statement is thick given today's game.

A half does not define a football team, it's how they play/what the results are after the whole thing is done that defines a team's success.
You would be wrong if you thought I was only describing today's game. I was speaking about a whole season. See the irony?

Bengals 35 Jets 6...:rocker::rocker::rocker:

The irony of this statement is thick given today's game.

A half does not define a football team, it's how they play/what the results are after the whole thing is done that defines a team's success.
You would be wrong if you thought I was only describing today's game. I was speaking about a whole season. See the irony?

Brady To Moss is becoming the new Sean Da Patriot

Where's crowell33? Some might get the impression he only posts when things are looking bad for the Patriots.

It's often said a team gets their attitude from their head coach. I'm just really glad it doesn't come from the fans.

If it did, this team would crack at every single bit of adversity. Every single bad call would send them into a tail spin. Every bad bounce would cause them to crumble. This team would constantly throw selfish fits on the sideline a la Dez Bryant.

This team battles hard no matter what the score. This team came back from 31-3 against a Super Bowl contender last year. They came back to snatch a sure-fire defeat from the Saints just two weeks ago. This team is nothing like so many of it's fans, and for that, I am truly thankful.

It sometimes makes me wonder if the forum shouldn't be age-restricted. Something in me just won't let me believe that a bunch of adults who have presumably watched football for years could behave the way they do in the game threads. It's pathetic.

Debatable.

This win definitely has more meaning to it being a division rival that was only 1½ games back coming into this one. The Patriots absolutely showed more grit and resiliency in this one than they did against the Saints. Although that was pretty special too, this one has way more meaning and value to it.

The Pats are now 3-1 in the AFCE and have beaten every other club. They still have two games wih Miami and Buffalo to increase their AFCE credentials.

Meanwhile 6-2 is an excellent first half record. The second 8 should be an easier schedule, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back