PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The official Patriots vs Dolphins game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a real shame because my brother, for example, would like to start posting here but every time he reads the game threads he gets too angry. The relentless negativity can drive people away. I'm fairly used to it by now, the only things that make me see red are the Fire BB posts.

Hell yeah it is a shame. Especially because this medium is so great. On paper you have a group of passionate, generally pretty damn smart fans together to talk about a game. The problem is that the dynamic gets completely ruined by only a few people who either a) think it's their right to evangelize the negative or b) people trying to be cute/funny while just being annoying. It would be like having a group of friends over to watch a game, having your front door burst open and a drunk fat guy bursts in and starts spit-screaming "dey saaaahkkkkk!!!" over and over and over.

I think there should be a way to penalize the gamethread ruiners. If it were me, I would turn their username Jets green and banish them to a sub forum called "the ****** room" for two weeks. Could be fun.

Last edited:
I think some of the posts todat questioning drafting Gostowski in the 4th round were quite funny...as were putting hoyer in instead of brady.

Especially since those posts were in the first half. I mean, come on.

Hell yeah it is a shame. Especially because this medium is so great. On paper you have a group of passionate, generally pretty damn smart fans together to talk about a game. The problem is that the dynamic gets completely ruined by only a few people who either a) think it's their right to evangelize the negative or b) people trying to be cute/funny while just being annoying. It would be like having a group of friends over to watch a game, having your front door burst open and a drunk fat guy bursts in and starts spit-screaming "dey saaaahkkkkk!!!" over and over and over.

I think there should be a way to penalize the gamethread ruiners. If it were me, I would turn their username Jets green and banish them to a sub forum called "the ****** room" for two weeks. Could be fun.

The thing is, even some fans who are long time fans who know the game pretty well succumbed to the immediate "what the hell" reaction when watching our defense give up yards. And it's apparent when you are following the game thread. I've avoided making comments on the game thread specifically for this reason. For example, when we give up a first down on a third and long, the immediate reaction is, "damn, what the hell" and you see fans posting ridiculous things because of frustration. Can you fault these fans for their passion? We shouldn't IMO. Only when they continue to make assinine comments should a moderator step in.

I got ridiculed for saying that we're not as physical as the steelers. Imagine that. Hilarious. One and done? The fans should get their money back for today's travesty. amazing how the homers get irate when anyone says anything other than positive about this team....Hello? Getting shut out by MIAMI at HOME, HELLO??? As physical as the steelers? Is that a joke?

Yeah, sure it was a joke.

Miami is just the better team, fair and square.

Obviously this team is going to get humiliated in the playoffs, and I just hope it won't be the Jets again.

Broken record there, friend. Your true allegiances are showing.

I can take losing. What I can't take is not trying. At least the defense is still trying.

Did I mention how much I hate offense?

Yeah, Brady really sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimorePatsFan
This is what happens when your team lacks talent and toughness, both mental and physical, across the board.

1777.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey