PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The official Patriots vs Dolphins game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I apologize for earlier, Pats look like crap all half and Gost shanks one, I was angry.

However, you calling me a fair weather fan was uncalled for, and you need to stop thinking you're better thn others.

I'll call you exactly the way you act. Fair weather fans are the ones who act like you do. They crap on the team when they are down, but cheer when everything is going right. Fair weather fans are the ones who whine and moan about a guy who is still recovering from an injury that required surgery on an appendage that is critical for him to do his job. The fact that Gostkowski is out there and doing his job at 95+% is amazing. And that should be recognized. Not complained about. Especially on a 50 yard field goal in COLD weather. Do yourself a favor and go outside and try and kick a 1 lb. rock and tell me how you do.

However, you calling me a fair weather fan was uncalled for, and you need to stop thinking you're better thn others.

Thicken your skin, bro. I've been called worse, and often.
Try being a Pats fan in the South (gods bless 'em) in the 1980's.
You're gonna be ok, unless you smell sizzling tar.

Why ppl here are sorry for their complaints in the firts half? the patriots sucked in the first half, the win dosnt change the fact that every singel player on the team played bad. kudos to them for stepping up, although the D made my heart stop every phins drive.

good win and a very good second half, but i hope BB would talk with them about that, in the playoffs against a better team that comeback will be almost impossible.

Another person talking out his rear end. Every single player on that team did NOT play bad in the first half. Comments like yours are just pure ignorance and show that you don't actually watch the game..

I'll call you exactly the way you act. Fair weather fans are the ones who act like you do. They crap on the team when they are down, but cheer when everything is going right. Fair weather fans are the ones who whine and moan about a guy who is still recovering from an injury that required surgery on an appendage that is critical for him to do his job. The fact that Gostkowski is out there and doing his job at 95+% is amazing. And that should be recognized. Not complained about. Especially on a 50 yard field goal in COLD weather. Do yourself a favor and go outside and try and kick a 1 lb. rock and tell me how you do.

The team is down 17-0 going into halftime, should I be all cheery in happy? I guess we just disagree.

Now . . . The game is over. Now.

Ballgame. Brady has been so damn clutch this season probably the most clutch he's ever been.

Brady? How about Wilfork for the sense of mind to fall on the fumbled snap? Or how about McCourty playing better? The defense playing better in throughout the game.

The team is down 17-0 going into halftime, should I be all cheery in happy? I guess we just disagree.

Gotta love how you don't bother to read and just go with some fictitious BS that you make up to try and excuse your pathetic actions..

How about you grow up and stop acting like the team is perfect? How about you start acting like you actually know stuff about this team and about the game of football instead of over-reacting like a whiny baby. Seriously. You damn well know that Gostkowski is still recovering from the surgery and hasn't regained full leg strength, yet you are acting like he's missed 20 of 25 field goal attempts and that those misses have all been from inside the 30. You aren't acting like someone who knows a damn thing about the game.

He missed a 50 yarder, which is not an easy kick in warm weather, yet you are acting like he missed a chip shot that cost them the game.

Brady? How about Wilfork for the sense of mind to fall on the fumbled snap? Or how about McCourty playing better? The defense playing better in throughout the game.

The defense was good in the 2nd half but I was talking mainly about Brady's clutchness. Every time in the 4th quarter he's needed to score or make a first down he's done it, even in the losses he made scores on his last opportunity.

Gotta love how you don't bother to read and just go with some fictitious BS that you make up to try and excuse your pathetic actions..

How about you grow up and stop acting like the team is perfect? How about you start acting like you actually know stuff about this team and about the game of football instead of over-reacting like a whiny baby. Seriously. You damn well know that Gostkowski is still recovering from the surgery and hasn't regained full leg strength, yet you are acting like he's missed 20 of 25 field goal attempts and that those misses have all been from inside the 30. You aren't acting like someone who knows a damn thing about the game.

He missed a 50 yarder, which is not an easy kick in warm weather, yet you are acting like he missed a chip shot that cost them the game.

Why do these consistent "we suck" fans think that the alternative to "we suck" is to act all happy, happy, joy, joy? Why can't it be something i'n the middle, something along the lines of "we are not playing well right now, these may or may not be the reasons, let's see if we can rally."

Last edited:
Another person talking out his rear end. Every single player on that team did NOT play bad in the first half. Comments like yours are just pure ignorance and show that you don't actually watch the game..

Really? so what was it on the first half? because brady didnt complete like 3481378123 of his passes, the OL looked like a strainer and D sucked as usual.

I'm sorry that you dont like my comments, next time i'll write my opinion as you wish. :bricks:

Really? so what was it on the first half? because brady didnt complete like 3481378123 of his passes, the OL looked like a strainer and D sucked as usual.

I'm sorry that you dont like my comments, next time i'll write my opinion as you wish. :bricks:

How about you just don't talk out your rear end with stupid arse blanket comments that are false?

The D didn't "suck" as you describe it. Or did you miss the 4 punts that Miami was forced to make in the 1st half?

How about the Pats Punt unit, which did a helluva job pinning the Phins deep each time despite the offense?

There is more than just 2 facets of the game. Or do you not understand that?

Last edited:
How about you just don't talk out your rear end with stupid arse blanket comments that are false?

The D didn't "suck" as you describe it. Or did you miss the 5 punts that Miami was forced to make in the 1st half?

How about the Pats Punt unit, which did a helluva job pinning the Phins deep each time despite the offense?

There is more than just 2 facets of the game. Or do you not understand that?

How about you just leave my rear end? dont you have anything useful to say except being a dousch?

The D did suck, making PI's like they have no football IQ. the fact that the miami O didnt score every play dosnt mean our D was good in the first half. I have no complaints for the punt unit. but seriously, is that all you got? the punting unit? give me a break.

Its obviouts that there is more than just 2 facets of the game but why is that relavent? i did not say we played bad the entire game, i didnt say the team needs to be perfect every game and i acknowledge that the team was bad, and i dont think there's nothing wrong with that.

When someone will say BB needs to be fired (god forbbid) or we should replace brady i'll be with you, but facing the fact that the team dosnt play well (and they did play bad, 17-0 at the half is not good by any measures) is normal.

Last edited:
How about you just leave my rear end? dont you have anything useful to say except being a dousch?

The word is douche. And I am being nothing of the sort. I did bring useful things to the thread. Sorry that they were beyond your comprehension. Explains why you made your stupid comments.

The D did suck, making PI's like they have no football IQ. the fact that the miami O didnt score every play dosnt mean our D was good in the first half. I have no complaints for the punt unit. but seriously, is that all you got? the punting unit? give me a break.

Why should I give you a break? Your posts have been ignorant. The two PIs were BS calls. Anyone with a Football IQ knows that. Both the balls were uncatchable, yet the refs were stupid about it. Please show me where I said the D played GOOD? I didn't. I just said they didn't suck. Any intelligent person knows that things aren't just good or suck.

Now, as for me pointing out the punt unit, I don't need anything more to prove your statement to be wrong since you claimed the ENTIRE TEAM sucked in the 1st half. Like I said. Watch the game instead of just posting garbage.

Its obviouts that there is more than just 2 facets of the game but why is that relavent? i did not say we played bad the entire game, i didnt say the team needs to be perfect every game and i acknowledge that the team was bad, and i dont think there's nothing wrong with that.

When someone will say BB needs to be fired (god forbbid) or we should replace brady i'll be with you, but facing the fact that the team dosnt play well (and they did play bad, 17-0 at the half is not good by any measures) is normal.

Clearly you don't believe that there are more than 2 facets of the game since you were the one who said that the entire team sucked in the first half and then you went on to point out the offense and defense, disregarding special teams. You just can't own up to the fact you were wrong with your statements.

Why should I give you a break? Your posts have been ignorant. The two PIs were BS calls. Anyone with a Football IQ knows that. Both the balls were uncatchable, yet the refs were stupid about it. Please show me where I said the D played GOOD? I didn't. I just said they didn't suck. Any intelligent person knows that things aren't just good or suck.

how meture, blame the refs. those PI's were killing our D, if the dolphins were smarter and better it would have been alot more than 17-0

Now, as for me pointing out the punt unit, I don't need anything more to prove your statement to be wrong since you claimed the ENTIRE TEAM sucked in the 1st half. Like I said. Watch the game instead of just posting garbage.

Again you show how niggling you are. when i said the ENTIRE TEAM sucked i ment the O and D, when you try to catch me on those little words shows you have actually nothing to say. good for you, big boy.

Clearly you don't believe that there are more than 2 facets of the game since you were the one who said that the entire team sucked in the first half and then you went on to point out the offense and defense, disregarding special teams. You just can't own up to the fact you were wrong with your statements.

you make me laugh. how old are you? 10?

Why do these consistent "we suck" fans think that the alternative to "we suck" is to act all happy, happy, joy, joy? Why can't it be something i'n the middle, something along the lines of "we are not playing well right now, these may or may not be the reasons, let's see if we can rally."

I don't mind the "we suck" comments and "we are one and done" comments as long as they are made after the team wins in denver or is putting a beatdown on the jets in the 2nd half or vs eagles. those comments just disappear and just appear when the pats trail 3-0.

I don't mind the "we suck" comments and "we are one and done" comments as long as they are made after the team wins in denver or is putting a beatdown on the jets in the 2nd half or vs eagles. those comments just disappear and just appear when the pats trail 3-0.

I've learned to shut out the noise i'n the game thread because you see it every week, but I'm just baffled that these fans only believe in two states of mind: a. Absolute catastrophe or b. Happy rainbow land.

There is middle ground.

I think that, at least partially, after the superbowls and 2007 season the Pats drew a ton of "sports fans" and they began to overwhelm the "football fans". I meet a lot more people who don't know a lot about football but have very strong opinions about it now than I did say seven years ago.

I think that the "they suck" crowd just doesn't know enough about the game. I also don't think that they are particularly naturally inquisitive. A dim group, overall. When one doesn't have a basis for an argument and strong emotion they tend to be hyperbolic about things.

I think that, at least partially, after the superbowls and 2007 season the Pats drew a ton of "sports fans" and they began to overwhelm the "football fans". I meet a lot more people who don't know a lot about football but have very strong opinions about it now than I did say seven years ago.

I think that the "they suck" crowd just doesn't know enough about the game. I also don't think that they are particularly naturally inquisitive. A dim group, overall. When one doesn't have a basis for an argument and strong emotion they tend to be hyperbolic about things.
It's a real shame because my brother, for example, would like to start posting here but every time he reads the game threads he gets too angry. The relentless negativity can drive people away. I'm fairly used to it by now, the only things that make me see red are the Fire BB posts.

It's a real shame because my brother, for example, would like to start posting here but every time he reads the game threads he gets too angry. The relentless negativity can drive people away. I'm fairly used to it by now, the only things that make me see red are the Fire BB posts.

I think some of the posts todat questioning drafting Gostowski in the 4th round were quite funny...as were putting hoyer in instead of brady.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back