PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The OFFICIAL Patriots vs Colts PostGame Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Serious question: those who argued against keeping McCourty at FS and making Talib and Dennard the corners, how are you feeling about it at this point? What would you like to see next week, facing a VERY different offense?

That was a really fun game to watch. Good solid win by the Pats. Here's hoping the Patriots will start to build some consistency in their game week to week.

Saw Gronk head to the room before the end of the game. Hope he didn't injure himself further (hasn't been healthy all year) while on the field during a blowout. :rolleyes:

Luck had a tough game but you can see his skill level is really high. Kid is going to be a star for years to come.

Personally, I was disappointed in Adam.....he could have had an incredible legacy here in NE....He had MANY endorsements throughout NE and could have gotten many more locally and nationally. Brady is a true Patriot and continues to re-work his contract and "works" with the Pats to get deals done. Seriously, does anyone NOT think that Brady could have gone somewhere else for more money when his contract was coming up.......The guy WANTS to be here and will do what it takes to get that done....even if it means taking a bit of a hometown discount. I will always remember Adam for his kick in the snow ball and to win the SB's he helped win.....but he is no longer a Patriot, I will never think of him again as a Patriot....and my lasting memory of him is as a traitor.....He never REALLY tried to make it work for the rest of his career here in NE.....and traded it all away to kick in a freakin dome.....

I blame both the FO and Adam for not getting a contract done. From what I remember, Adam didn't give the Pats a chance to match the Colts offer because he was bitter that our FO didn't get a deal done earlier. Obviously with the Colts giving Adam a 5 year contract and giving him security, I can't hate him for taking that financial security for his family.

That being said, we could easily have gone 0-6 in SBs if he was not clutch in those big situations. I'll always be fond of Adam just like I do with other players who were contributors when we won like Law, Milloy, Woody, Branch even though they left/released because of money.

I blame both the FO and Adam for not getting a contract done. From what I remember, Adam didn't give the Pats a chance to match the Colts offer because he was bitter that our FO didn't get a deal done earlier. Obviously with the Colts giving Adam a 5 year contract and giving him security, I can't hate him for taking that financial security for his family.

That being said, we could easily have gone 0-6 in SBs if he was not clutch in those big situations. I'll always be fond of Adam just like I do with other players who were contributors when we won like Law, Milloy, Woody, Branch even though they left/released because of money.

I get your point about 2001, he came up clutch twice.

Against Carolina, he missed 2 FGs, so hard to credit him there.

The Eagles game was salted. That was a slow mo' deflation of the ball.

Anyone watching SNF?

11/18/12 goes down in history as the answer to the question, "when did throwback uniforms finally jump the shark?". I know the Steelers have worn them before, but they look particularly awful tonight.

Just got in from Foxboro...see the usual CL nonsense on other threads...just curious, is anyone logged on in this thread that was AT the game???...I don't see any threads about the officiating so let me say, as a fan who saw the game in person, that was the worst one sided ref job I've seen since...well...since we played the Dolts in Indy with Manning...it was unbelievable...it got so bad in the 4th quarter the refs stopped calling MULTIPLE fouls on Indy that were so blatant the playewrs on the sideline were looking and then throwing their hands up in disgust....clips in the back by Indy, allowed on EVERY kickoff....holding and tackling D lineman...all game...refs looking right at it...then they call Solder over and over for real questionable calls...and the Mayo hit on the "Chosen Dolt" in the 4th?...what the hell was THAT???? I was thirty yards away, having crept down to an empty seat with my brother...roughing the passer????????????????? WTF was THAT???? Totally legit play ...a good play by Mayo.

Both halves were dotted with favorable, possibly game changing Colt gifts from the ref crew....too bad Brady and the banged up offense destroyed the big mouth chest thumpers from Cindy....nice try Goodell....

One more thing...Edelman has got on my nerves all season with his drops and bad decisions...I admit, I was biatching and moaning after he dropped a pass in the first quarter, to the point of being told to (Please be quiet - edited)....I am officially OFF the Bash Edelwagon.,...THIS is what I and many other Pats fans have been waiting for....THE game where he finally puts it all together and becomes the player he showed the potential to be. This kid ran electric wires through the fans in the stands with his play today. Anybody else that was there get the same feeling??? He was decisive every single time he touched the ball no matter if it was offense or kicks....I want to see the entire offense healthy by playoff time and see what they can do....fifty nine points...and they could have put up more....this is Joe "Homer' Kerr, turning it back over to the Fball CL's that just have to spew their contrarian, negative garbage like they do every game day here....try GOING to a game once in a while and running your stupid yaps in the stands like you do here...that's all that was missing today during breaks, a clown show.

It was pretty clear that the Pats were getting jobbed even from home, so I'm not too surprised to hear it was even worse in person. I've completely given up on expecting a fairly officiated game against the Colts.

Edelman was electric today. As a supporter I'm hoping that this is the beginning of him putting it all together. It's easy to forget that at the start of the 2nd the Pats were down by 7 and they'd just missed a FG when the D forced a 3 and out, Edelman got a punt return for a TD, and then the D got a pick 6. After that the Pats never looked back, but make no mistake the D and ST were the difference makers today.

I blame both the FO and Adam for not getting a contract done. From what I remember, Adam didn't give the Pats a chance to match the Colts offer because he was bitter that our FO didn't get a deal done earlier.

Hmm...I know that Adam didn't give the Pats a chance to match, but I honestly remember the reasons differently. There was a LOT of talk at the time that he was focused on playing in a dome to extend his career.

Anyone watching SNF?

11/18/12 goes down in history as the answer to the question, "when did throwback uniforms finally jump the shark?". I know the Steelers have worn them before, but they look particularly awful tonight.

I know, they are like some colossal joke. Somewhere, someone is laughing hysterically because people in Pittsburgh might actually buy those.

Was anyone surprised to see Arrington start over Dennard or was it just me?

Wasn't the first time. Some people are just jerks.

Screw that. He's playing for the other team. He damned well should be booed -- hard, heavy, early, and often.

Edelman has a pretty good case as the best punt returner in Pats history. He has the highest career PR average, the highest single-season PR average (2010), is on pace (with a small sample size) to set a new franchise PR average record this year, and has just tied the franchise record with the third PR TD of his career.

and up until now our defense hadn't "given up that many punts" :eek:

Was anyone surprised to see Arrington start over Dennard or was it just me?
I was annoyed but not surprised. Arrington better make sure he has backup copies of the damning photos he has of Belichick.

Screw that. He's playing for the other team. He damned well should be booed -- hard, heavy, early, and often.

Exactly

We keep getting threads here that the Gillette crowd isn't into the games. Last week vs Buffalo I was at the game and the noise was constant especially when Buffalo was on 3rd down.

If booing is bothersome maybe you bother the kicker. I think not but it's your only recourse as a fan. Vin DID miss a kick today that had he made it I'm sure the game thread Cassandras would have been shrieking portents of doom.

So excellent General that he was for us, you guys really still cheered for Benedict Arnold, eh?

nfl network reporting gronk with a broken forearm- sh****!:eek:

Nice to see the Pats D improve considerably after the first couple of drives. Hopefully they can continue to improve through out the second half of the season and into the post season.

Only bad points about the game are the injuries to Jones and Gronk though.

The call on Mayo was BS. It was identical to the one by Spikes on Fitzpatrick except that Spikes momentum tore off Fitzpatrick's helmet.

I don't really understand why people are calling those penalties BS; they are are textbook cases of the penalties. You hit the QB in the facemask with your facemask, it should be a penalty every time. In fact, the Pats were lucky another wasn't called against them at another point. With how lopsided the penalties were, I was shocked it wasn't called.

I don't know that 51 hit the QB in the face mask. I never rewound the play to verify.

I just want to know what defenders are supposed to do. You can't run straight on into a QB. You can't drop your head and go helmet to chest. All that's left seems to be shoulder to chest, and is that any better?

The Patriots lost to the Cards and damn near lost to the Bills. I wouldn't get too ****y for rolling over a team with a rookie QB in a rebuilding year.

Your butt hurts, doesn't it?

Any new news on Jones? Last I heard it was an ankle injury, but I haven't heard anything since.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back