PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The OFFICIAL Patriots vs Colts PostGame Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaBruinz

Pats, B's, Sox
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Please post your non-knee jerk comments here.

If you want to whine or complain, please go to another thread, we don't want to hear it :D

Very satisfying win, and I'm stoked about the defensive and special teams TDs.

Love it :cool:

A repeat of the 3rd quarter for the full 60 minutes on Thursday would be perfect.

DUH WINNING!!!!!!

......arington sucks

Great win. Once the D made adjustments, hard to find anything but good out there. Excellent performance in all 3 aspects.

That said, it's one win and we have a long way to go. No reason this team shouldn't be 9-3 heading into the showdowns vs. Houston and SF.

Dennard is looking really good, what a steal!

That was awesome. I must say, though, that for all his struggling today, Luck is gonna be GREAT.

Great Great game. Way more of a beatdown than I was expecting. Hopefully they can repeat it on Thursday.

Don't get too high, nor too low. Great game, but before we think the 2ndary is magically fixed, they gotta keep building and putting together good performances consistently.

That was fun..

Where are those old Edelperson bashing threads?

I thought after a rough couple of drives that the Patriots D settled down well today.

Realistically, those two completions Luck made against Talib early (inc one for the TD) were just unreal throws and our new CB was in very tight coverage on both.

Strange comparison but Luck reminds me of Fitzpatrick - he takes ALOT of risks with the ball - he slings the ball regularly into very tight double or triple coverage - eventually, as it did tonight, the odds are going to catch up with him with turnovers.

I thought the D mixed it up nicely, although the Colts did run the ball well early they did a better job through the key moments of the 2nd and 3rd quarters when this game was still a contest.

Some of our more critical posters may well point to the passing yards conceded today - though its fair to say alot of it was given up in garbage time when the result was beyond doubt.

Ridley stayed strong today - as well as the replacement guards played in pass protection, they opened up vey little in the running game for him - he was regularly hit at the LOS or behind it - doing well to spin out of tackles and gain something positive.

Good to see Gronk looking pretty close to 100% again - with his catch radius he is a machine down the seams.

LLoyd has another nice game out-wide - its just a shame that the one part of game that Brady's game that needs improvement is the deep bomb down the sideline - he overthrows this so often I never really expect him to complete one.

Excellent game overall - all 3 phases played good complimentary football when this game was being decided.

Game ball?

Julian Edelman.

Stay well Edelperson.

this is the most jekyll and hyde defense i have ever seen in my life

I'm sure this has been addressed in one or more of the other threads, but I'm on my way out the door and I was wondering if anyone heard anything as to why Gronkowski went to the locker room early?

Now that JETSies won a game, we will be hearing from classless JETS and their loud mouth coach on how they will beat us.

What was you guys opinion on Talib's game?

The Pats defense, when they finally starting putting pressure on Luck, really made things happen today.

Talib showed why we picked him up.

Dennard played very good today.

The defense forced 4 fumbles today, recovering one. That was along with the 3 interceptions, 2 for TDs. This team leads the league in turnover ratio by a wide margin now.

Ninkovich continued to play really well despite being overly aggressive on a couple of plays.. Same with Spikes..

The call on Mayo was BS. It was identical to the one by Spikes on Fitzpatrick except that Spikes momentum tore off Fitzpatrick's helmet.

Edelman had the 2nd best game of his career. 2 Punt returns for 49+ yards. One for a TD. A rush for 47 yards that was just 3 shy of a TD. And a reception for a TD..

Gronk was Gronk with 2 more TDs.

McDonald and Thomas had their good and bad moments. I was very surprised that they didn't do a better job blocking inside for the run. That was why Ridley's running suffered today. The inside run just wasn't there and it kept the Colts DEs out on the wings to stop the outside runs.

Welker was Welker. I know they can't sign a new contract until after the SB, but give the man 3 years and 27 Mill with 15 guaranteed already. He's worth every penny.

Lloyd played a good game.

We didn't see much from Woodhead, but then, we didn't need to.

I was surprised at how few 2 and 3 TE sets we saw early in the game.

We should have went 60+ ... :steamed:

JK ... :p

Assuming everyone's healthy, my only regret is that they didn't go for two to try for 60. Or that Luck's final INT wasn't run back for a score.

Pats defensive unit was VERY VERY impressive!
Talib and Dennard made big plays on defense.
Luck was visibly deflated after Talib's pick six.
Edelman made an impact on special teams as well as offense.
Call me crazy but I kinda like that guy! ;)

Brady was his usually masterful self, in control of the game from start to finish.
59-24 final score. Just a lot of good things to take out of this game.
The Pats can build on this and hopefully this is a momentum builder that signals finishing the season strong and possibly even running the table!

this is the most jekyll and hyde defense i have ever seen in my life

I really HOPE that was not the ONLY thing you got out of this game. A Pats momentous victory and you managed to pull out the only negative? Fans in New England just can't be pleased. Do you realize how spoiled you sound?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back