PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The official Patriots vs Colts POST game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woodhead Gives Shut Out To AJY

Maybe that Jets fan wants to come back today and yack about Woodhead?
If there's one roster spot open next year, and its between Woodhead and Faulk I would go with Woodhead.

I am happy. Three amazing quarters and one lucky play in the fourth win it for the Pats.

What I'd like to know is why the damned offense disappears at the critical point in the game. Steady domnination all game long, and then they're invisible. Makes no sense.

From todays game ... check it out ...

This is BRADY FACE ...

r

Nerve wracking win. They went way too conservative in the 4th and it almost cost them the game. Playing not to lose is not the way to go.

We choked it up with the Offense on the last series.....2 runs....with all that time left and the Colts having 9 in the box.....great play calls there....I hope the Pat's coaching staff has plenty of maxipads in the restrooms....terrible and disgusting lack of guts displayed.

Horrendous play calling in 2nd half

I don't get it. We are up 17, 10 & then 3points in the fourth and need to keep the ******* ball and waste time if nothing else. So what do we do? Easy right? Put the ball in your hall of fame QB and drive down the field, right? ******* wrong!! Again and again, we run the ******* ball and end the drives:mad:.

And why the hell does Brady not get pissed off at this or at least change the play? When we were passing, we were marching at will and in crunch time, we run into walls. God I am so pissed off right now.

I know we won but when the hell will they learn? In crunch time, you want #12 passing the ******* ball.

We choked it up with the Offense on the last series.....2 runs....with all that time left and the Colts having 9 in the box.....great play calls there....I hope the Pat's coaching staff has plenty of maxipads in the restrooms....terrible and disgusting lack of guts displayed.

Huh what? If we had thrown 3 times and gone 3 and out the board would have exploded. My God these fans.

Why did Arrington play DE for two of the Colts TD drive in the 4th quarter? He was useless in pass rush situations and got demolished when the Colts ran a draw. I would have liked to see Cunningham in there and just rush the QB. In the very least, he can play the draw a lot better.

Also, our offense crapped the bed on their last two drives. It's like they got scared of the moment. First time I've seen that since the Jet game earlier this season.

Lastly, I don't want to see the Colts in the playoffs. These heart attack games are no fun.

I thought the QBs ended up about even. Brady played amazing through most of the game and crapped the bed when it counted. Peyton played amazing when it was time for a big comeback but then crapped the bed when it came down to it.

Really wish we could play a game where I'm not wanting to throw up at the end.

However, our run game did great today. 164 yards and 2 TDs.

Re: Horrendous play calling in 2nd half

I'd say the first down call where we spread it out with a 5 receiver set was a bad call. All the other calls were good. The execution was poor. Also, I think there was pass interference on Branch which was not called.

The execution of the players was more suspect than the play calling this game.

Manning says best matchup to exploit Garcon Vs McCourty?

Would have thought he might have said Wayne or anyone vs. Arrington/butler

Sick of the prevent defense. When the offense stops scoring its time to stop playing prevent, especially against Manning of all people. We got lucky that Manning was Manning and threw a pick to kill their chances. It drives me nuts because I know they can play man to man well.

Some of the offensive playcalling was questionable too. 3rd and 10 and you throw a screen? WTH? Whatever they got enough points in the end. Good learning week for the team and hopefully the short week doesn't kill them when they play the Lions.

Thats been our modus operandi for years now, drives me nuts! I don't understand why we give up on what got us there, in this case 31-14, D is playing well, why change it up? It has to be a statistics thing - trade time for points. Would have worked well if the O didn't have those 3 and outs in the 4th, I guess.

We came within a c---hair of re-living one of the worst nightmares we've ever collectively experienced during a regular season. But for Cunningham we'd all be sitting here posting with one hand and contemplating sucking on the gaspipe with the other.

Last edited:
The defense did well to get the 3 Ints.. However, it's plenty clear they still have work to do.

Colts 1st TD: Spikes and Mayo were clearly confused about who was supposed to do what and Manning took advantage of it with the FB/TE off the end getting the TD

Colts 3rd TD: As soon as I saw the Colts line up, with Chung sitting 1 yard deep in the EndZone, I knew that White was getting the ball.. Another miscommunication of some sort.

The 2nd and 4th TDs were just beautiful passes by Manning and great catches by Wayne and White respectively.

BELICHICK FACE

r3127425552.jpg
New England Patriots head coach Bill Belichick (R) hugs Patriots safety James Sanders (C) as safety Brandon Meriweather (L) looks on after Sanders intercepted a pass from Indianapolis Colts quarterback Peyton Manning in the final moments of their NFL football game in Foxborough, Massachusetts November 21, 2010

Last edited:

I don't get it. We are up 17, 10 & then 3points in the fourth and need to keep the ******* ball and waste time if nothing else. So what do we do? Easy right? Put the ball in your hall of fame QB and drive down the field, right? ******* wrong!! Again and again, we run the ******* ball and end the drives:mad:.

And why the hell does Brady not get pissed off at this or at least change the play? When we were passing, we were marching at will and in crunch time, we run into walls. God I am so pissed off right now.

I know we won but when the hell will they learn? In crunch time, you want #12 passing the ******* ball.

If there was alike button on here I"d have clicked it. I agree with you 100%. I don't get it at all. They play amazing for 3 quarters and then get conservative on both sides of the ball. Happens too often for it to be a mere coincidence.

Agree.
Our offense was being unstopable in the first half. We need to waste time, you do the same thing that's been working right? Nope. You do a thing the defense is expecting, which is run, and instead of taking possibly 7 or 8 minutes off the clock, you take 2.
Ridiculous play calling.

My hat's off to Law Firm for cranking out 96 yds, Woodhead for wandering through the maze of big bodies for a big gain, and Sammy Morris for those 3rd down conversions.

Patriots rushing attack 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back