PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Patriots vs Cardinals POST game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
10296c67-d936-4a84-8141-01ddde67ef71.jpg

Don't be so hard on Goskowski for the last kick. It was a bad hold with the ball angled instead of straight up and down. He did'nt have a chance

Re: Wake up call

I just cant seem to understand why when facing an inferior team with a crappy back up QB our coaching staff puts together such a conservative game plan? Everybody knows Kolb will throw you the ball when under pressure so we play with a coverage gameplan until desperate. With that said the D played very well althoughh handcuffed. The offense stunk until the 4th quarter when we had to run the hurry up. Poor play calling especially on 2nd downs. I like having a run game but when you have a 100 mil $$ QB lets put the ball in his hands instead of Woody or a 2nd yr man. Just wish BB would grow a pair and play a more attaching style on both sides of the ball. He's done a great job assembling the talent now let em loose.

bill better have Branch/gaffney on speed-dial

this is why I was never a fan of cutting branch/gaffney...

Hernandez is injury prone...I think he's a dynamic player, but one thing thats going to limit him is that every year he ends up missing 2-3 games due to injury.

so, until he gets healthy we are going to be playing more 3-wide sets...I thought Edelman did a pretty good job out there, but would like to see one of Branch/Gaffney brought back this week..

I find it interesting that Edelman got the start over Welker. Also, how many snaps would Welker have got if Hernandez was healthy? BB and McDaniels are only going to be say "He wasn't the focus of the game plan" for so long. There seems to be something going on behind closed doors.

Last edited:
Tough but (IMHO) deserved loss.

UP

Chandler Jones
LLoyd
Edelman
Spikes
GRONK

DOWN

L
Playcalling
The crowd
The injury to AH

**** happens. Oh well. On to next week

Spikes is very good

Last edited:
Please post your comments and knee jerk reactions about today's tough loss on this thread.

I"m upset with 2 things.

1. the so called holding call on Gronk during Woodhead's TD run.
2. some of the fans at the game booing the team in the first half. They have the right to do so but they shouldn't do that, they sounded like spoiled cry babies.

Make that 3 things: The injury to AH. Glad to hear it was an ankle but he might miss several games.

Are you upset at the penalty or the calling of it, because it was the correct call. I think the fans were upset with the playcalling in the closing seconds of that half. Could have used that time to try and get in FG range but it was like they were too arrogant to. They were going to go to the locker room and regroup, only they didn't. And high ankle sprain can be worse than most breaks... But I imagine we will carry him on the roster since we have no other option with Schiancoe being designated as the short term IR designee after his two practices in camp.

Not good. The O line has serious issues but I think we'll end up ok.

Big picture, the Hernandez injury is far more important than the loss. Time to call Branch?

Cards didn't deserve to win that game.

They coughed up the ball with 1 minute left.

They couldn't stop our offence.

Woodhead scored a TD.

Refs took the TD away and then our kicker missed a FG on his own.

Gronk committed a penalty that took the TD away.

Just a Strange game!! Just baffled why not go for the td!

The Pats were very inconsistent today on offense. Some credit for that has to go to the Cardinals for that.

I thought that Ridley, Welker, Lloyd, Welker, and Edelman played very well.

Donald Thomas was pretty horrible today. He got beat on a stunt that led to a Brady Sack. And he got beat at least 2 other times that led to big losses for Ridley.

Logan Mankins showed he's human as well. He let Calais Campbell in for a Sack on Brady and Calais beat him to get to Ridley for a TFL.

Not sure why McDaniels called the draw to Woodhead on first down after the TD got called back. The Cardinals had it sniffed out and you could tell by the way Peterson was reacting..

The Pats need to rotate Brace in there more. Even if it's one or 2 snaps every series, I think it would be enough to let Wilfork and Love be fresher at the end of the game.

The Pats changed their Nickle Package and I don't think it was for the better.

Ninkovich had a good game. He was drawing doubles at time and forcing them back towards Kolb when Nink was at LDE. At RDE, he disappeared.

Pats missed a big opportunity on defense early in the game when there was the mis-communication between Chung and Hightower. Hightower should have let Chung take it. If he had, it likely would have been a TD since there were 3 other Pats there to block..

Cards didn't deserve to win that game.

They coughed up the ball with 1 minute left.

They couldn't stop our offence.

Woodhead scored a TD.

Refs took the TD away and then our kicker missed a FG on his own.

Actually the holding call was right on the money.....Scott Zolak agrees.

The refs didn't take anything away from us. The loss was a culmination of many things and to actually think the refs "didn't want us to win" sounds like....and I say this not to insult but to encourage some reflection.....how Oakland Raider fans react after a loss. :eek:

Sorry...had to say it.

i bet they beat the ravens by two TD's next week

Please post your comments and knee jerk reactions about today's tough loss on this thread.

I"m upset with 2 things.

1. the so called holding call on Gronk during Woodhead's TD run.
2. some of the fans at the game booing the team in the first half. They have the right to do so but they shouldn't do that, they sounded like spoiled cry babies.

Make that 3 things: The injury to AH. Glad to hear it was an ankle but he might miss several games.

I felt the 2pt conversion should of been a call on the coverage on Gronk.

Overall I do not think the game was as bad as most are saying. The Cardinals are good team and a above average defense.

Are defense played great. Made big time plays. We will get are offense straightened out. We have a bit of a identity crisis going on right now. I like JM desire to run the ball more but he needs to use it as a complement to the passing game instead of a the passing game complementing the running game. The first 3 quarters looked like the Jets game plan.

I agree the booing was unnecessary. This team has done to much to be booed for 1 bad half of football.

some of the fans at the game booing the team in the first half. They have the right to do so but they shouldn't do that, they sounded like spoiled cry babies.

I know what you're saying, but don't fret:

They weren't booing the team.

They were booing the decision ~ incorrectly interpreted as "the team" by the moronic feces in the Booth ~ to run a Draw Play on 3rd and 32, or whatever it was...

We all know that Playing For Field Position ~ running the Draw Play ~ was the correct Call, at that point.

But that doesn't change the fact that the fans will Boo when a team doesn't "go for it" on 3rd and 32 or so.

It is...The Law.

Gronk committed a penalty that took the TD away.

No more so than Todd Heap did on the Andre Roberts TD and no more so than the Cards O-line on numerous other plays. Plays in which it wasn't called. Sorry Mo.

OH, and I forgot to mention the holding on Washington when Gronk could and should have had the catch on the series prior.

Not good. The O line has serious issues but I think we'll end up ok.

Big picture, the Hernandez injury is far more important than the loss. Time to call Branch?

That was before halftime. Might want to be making a call to Waters too. Would be sad to have to cut Lex and probably can't cut ohoh just yet, so maybe Bill has to part with one of his gutsy perpetually inactives. And might be time to light a fire under Vereen and Fells.

Not sure what McDaniels thought process was at times, some of the playcalling was just:confused:

Defense played an overall good game.

I'd put most of this one on the anemic offense that seems way out of sorts and the coaching staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back