PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Patriots vs Cardinals POST game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Offense let us down ......AGAIN

Spin it anyway you want.
They cost us the last 2 SB's and today's game.
Score 20pts and we win.

Lets hear it.......................

Yes, because today's game against an NFC team is right on par with the Super Bowl. Are you freakin serious???

Re: Wake up call

This will be a huge learning experience for the team. The young guys will learn that you cant take any team lightly and BB will learn that you cant let Josh McDaniels call plays.

This is all true. A lot of the off season roster moves by Belichick have been suspect. Not just acquisitions, the way the players and positions on the roster have been managed. It is like he and josh were trying to fix something that wasn't broken. Hernandez probably gone for the year, Shancoe gone until midseason, hootnani #47 is awful, and fells is still hurt.

Funny, no depth at tight end ended the season last year and bill isn't even smart enough to fix that for this year. It does seem he tried, but a familiar outcome occurred for him lately, he failed.
Exactly why would you say Hernandez is gone for the year?

every year, the patriots lose a game like this and the "sky is falling" crowd come out and we hear stuff like

-the patriots are finished
-brady is losing "it"
- we should just give up the season right now and prepare for the draft

see the buffalo game last year, or the steelers game.

and each time the patriots come out the next week and the season and generally are fine...its the NFL you arent going to win every single week...sure we went 16-0 in 2007 but thats not going to happen every season..

they will make adjustments and we will be fine....hopefully Belichick has Branch/Gaffney on speed-dial...I never liked those cuts because Hernandez as dynamic as he is, is injury prone...this is the 3rd season in 3 seasons he has been in the NFL where he has been injured.

I am starting to wonder if Brady( and I love him like the rest of you) is starting to lose "it".

I read a quote in the off season from an anonymous GM, he said that Best was close to the cliff. he said that when quarterbacks reach the end, they don't go gradually they fall off of the proverbial cliff overnight. Sadly, we may be there

why does everyone think they will lose next week? theres just as good a chance that they win...every week is different I doubt the offense plays this horrible again

The Ravens have home field advantage, the better defense, an offense that is just as effective as ours when you consider our **** playcalling and injuries, and they'll come out motivated after the AFCCG. The Patriots have no momentum and all the factors are against them right now. I still think they'll have a winning record, and maybe go deep in the playoffs, but I expect a season more like 09 than 07, 10, or 11.

You want to biatch at someone biatch at the builders. They built an offense that now can't withstand the loss of one TE. Although we got lots of them on IR just like we got lots of intriguing inactives. Josh needs to get over himself. He's determined to reinvent a wheel that wasn't broken, just needed couple of bearings replaced. Hopefully they got to Deion before he flew home. Not to mention have a call in to Waters. Too bad that new short term IR designation isn't available.
I felt that as soon as Hernandez went out. Still, we have an incredible amount of talent to be a high scoring offense.

I think you have to credit the Cardinal defense for some of this as well. They made some plays at critical times and while they may not be respected as elite, they are very disciplined and consistent. On a long drive they will eventually get a series of plays to stop you. I noticed quite a few first downs that went for no yards, which then put us behind and then some running plays over the right side of the line that went for negative 5 or more yards lost.

why does everyone think they will lose next week? theres just as good a chance that they win...every week is different I doubt the offense plays this horrible again

In balt. Balt lost this week as well. Revenge for last year. Just little things in my mind

No AH. Wilfork was limping bad at the end ect

You want to biatch at someone biatch at the builders. They built an offense that now can't withstand the loss of one TE. Although we got lots of them on IR just like we got lots of intriguing inactives. Josh needs to get over himself. He's determined to reinvent a wheel that wasn't broken, just needed couple of bearings replaced. Hopefully they got to Deion before he flew home. Not to mention have a call in to Waters. Too bad that new short term IR designation isn't available.

Not Gosts fault on the missed FG.

OL was not very good. One one play, Wendell was RG and one of the sacks on Brady was due to his mistake (he looked left, DE came on right)..

I am really puzzled why the heck is Edelman playing much more than Welker? I mean Welker eventually came in, when Hern was hurt and left the game...

McDaniels game plan today was not good...

Lets see, you cut Branch, you need help at WR, you get this kid and make him inactive on game days, Ok fine. You go for this tight end OOhomomowefreadladf, who can't block a CB and one may ask, "What the Hell is going on out there"?

Please post your comments and knee jerk reactions about today's tough loss on this thread.

I"m upset with 2 things.

1. the so called holding call on Gronk during Woodhead's TD run.
2. some of the fans at the game booing the team in the first half. They have the right to do so but they shouldn't do that, they sounded like spoiled cry babies.

Make that 3 things: The injury to AH. Glad to hear it was an ankle but he might miss several games.

Last edited:

I read a quote in the off season from an anonymous GM, he said that Best was close to the cliff. he said that when quarterbacks reach the end, they don't go gradually they fall off of the proverbial cliff overnight. Sadly, we may be there

He hasn't had it since 2004.

you dont just lose a pro bowl LT and G and not miss a beat on offense a big part of the way brady played last year was because the pats went max protect with 3 starting OT's and 2 all pro G's

Lets see, you cut Branch, you need help at WR, you get this kid and make him inactive on game days, Ok fine. You go for this tight end OOhomomowefreadladf, who can't block a CB and one may ask, "What the Hell is going on out there"?

All part of the plan. McDaniels knows and handpicked these guys.

Cards didn't deserve to win that game.

They coughed up the ball with 1 minute left.

They couldn't stop our offence.

Woodhead scored a TD.

Refs took the TD away and then our kicker missed a FG on his own.

Whilst I am someone who thinks we're nearer to the end of the Brady era than many think, it's going way to far to suggest he's fallen off the cliff - his short game is almost as good as ever, it's just his long game which has become a real struggle. Brady is still one of the best QB's in the NFL he just isn't perfect anymore.

that_sucked.gif

Spin it anyway you want.
They cost us the last 2 SB's and today's game.
Score 20pts and we win.

Lets hear it.......................

Who is this "They" and "Us", Tony?

Are you on the field?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill