PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The official Patriots vs Broncos POST game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
As the saying goes "Besides that Mrs. Lincoln how was the play." :p

Haha. True. But I can't imagine there were many of us that weren't worried when Denver went up 16-7.

Still, all in all, an absolutely fantastic win. Coupled with a Jets loss, it makes for a pretty good day!

Just wanted to stop by and tell you guys good game. I was pulling for my Broncos but NE was just too much to handle.

I'm not even sure how ANY team can slow down an offense like that. There are just too many weapons. I won't say you guys played mistake free but you are damn sure more disciplined. I couldn't believe how many penalties we had tonight. The turnovers made me sick to my stomach.

Everybody is entitled to a bad game I think but Quan Cosby deserves to be roundhouse kicked in the face by Chuck Norris.

Anyway...

TL;DR version - Good Game. The better team won today. Good luck to you guys.

PS - Pleeeeeeeeeease destroy the Packers if you get the chance lol.

GL moving forward for your team. Lock that division up!

1) 8 players caught passes
2) 2 players scored their 1st TDs of the year

NE is a better team when they get more players involved....clap clap clap

3) Seriously....how unprepared was this run D. What the **** were they doing all week. It's not like it was a surprise Denver was gonna try to run it down their throat

4) That D roster....Tracy White whiffing, Slater, Ihedigbo, Brown, etc.....my God, how did it get to this point

5) Spike and Chung.....just don't believe the D will improve all that much if they ever return

6) Romeo Romeo Romeo

6B) Can we at least hire Romeo as a consultant if the Pats face GB or New Orleans in the SuperBowl. Give KC a 2nd rounder for two weeks service. Second rounders are like toilet paper in NE.

7) I hope Belichick attacks the defensive shortcomings with the resolve he applied to the WR deficiencies after the 2006 season, Moss and Welker. Blow it up....blow it up

8) Brady up the middle. Our guy is a tough guy. I've never seen him so focused and into it. Onward

Last edited:
The sermon for today from the good book:

'Turnovers shall cover a multitude of sins'

'Where defense lacks, ye shall be fruitful with a plentitude of offense'

'Though darkness surround me on all sides, a team effort shall lead to victory and everlasting light'

'god smiles on who he will, regardless of what men call wisdom'

'ye shall not judge a team by first quarter performance, nor by defensive statistics'

.....feel free to add others as moved by the spirit.....

BTW, I told everyone here about the ref crews and what to expect...well, we DID get Carey, Goodell's little drummer boy fixer...anyone happen to see the unbelievable calls against the Pats and the twenty or so uncalled holding penalties, most of the extremely blatant variety, on Pats D lineman in the final quarter??? On one play where Tebow escapes a sure sack, the Denver O lineman has our rusher by the jersey from behind, then pushes him in the back from behind allowing the Chosin Death Marcher to escape to his left and run for a 1st down...THAT cannot go uncalled in an NFL game...sorry...blatant...it's Carey AGAIN...end of story...personally,I'm calling every venue I can and e-mailing every NFL address I can find...enough of this crap...I don't work hard all week to see that window of enjoyment I reserve for myself on Sunday RUINED by this crooked little turd.

The NFL has really sullied the game by enforcing rules only when convenient as well as having rules that are simply judgement calls. I once was a fan of the NFL, now sadly I'm just a Pats fan.

The refs seems to call the game with a "let them play attitude" most of the game. When refs don't call a game by the book it becomes hard to judge who, if anyone, they're favoring. I'm sure a good number of fans are saying the exact opposite of you right now, I however am not one. As you said... I saw a lot of holding, and not the garden variety, go un-called on the Broncos. Suddenly these calls were getting called on the Pats later in the game. I also felt that Von Miller's "jump" was off-sides at least 3 times this game. It was a poorly reffed game, but I don't think it was one where I felt the refs had a clear agenda... I mean it isn't like they were calling penalties that don't actually exist, while ignoring other blatant infractions.:cough:2006:cough:

BTW, I told everyone here about the ref crews and what to expect...well, we DID get Carey, Goodell's little drummer boy fixer...anyone happen to see the unbelievable calls against the Pats and the twenty or so uncalled holding penalties, most of the extremely blatant variety, on Pats D lineman in the final quarter??? On one play where Tebow escapes a sure sack, the Denver O lineman has our rusher by the jersey from behind, then pushes him in the back from behind allowing the Chosin Death Marcher to escape to his left and run for a 1st down...THAT cannot go uncalled in an NFL game...sorry...blatant...it's Carey AGAIN...end of story...personally,I'm calling every venue I can and e-mailing every NFL address I can find...enough of this crap...I don't work hard all week to see that window of enjoyment I reserve for myself on Sunday RUINED by this crooked little turd.

1st play of the game, Bronco lineman grabs a Pat defender (don't remember who) by the jersey and prevents him from getting the RB in the backfield. Back judge staring right at it and does nothing.

The NFL has really sullied the game by enforcing rules only when convenient as well as having rules that are simply judgement calls. I once was a fan of the NFL, now sadly I'm just a Pats fan.

The refs seems to call the game with a "let them play attitude" most of the game. When refs don't call a game by the book it becomes hard to judge who, if anyone, they're favoring. I'm sure a good number of fans are saying the exact opposite of you right now, I however am not one. As you said... I saw a lot of holding, and not the garden variety, go un-called on the Broncos. Suddenly these calls were getting called on the Pats later in the game. I also felt that Von Miller's "jump" was off-sides at least 3 times this game. It was a poorly reffed game, but I don't think it was one where I felt the refs had a clear agenda... I mean it isn't like they were calling penalties that don't actually exist, while ignoring other blatant infractions.:cough:2006:cough:

I feel the opposite; that Patriots had the refs on their side most of the game until it outcome was no longer in doubt and then the refs called a few on the Patriots to make it seem even. You could see that John Fox felt the same. The dubious calls cheapened the victory for me; I hate it when the gambling interests influence the game.

I feel the opposite; that Patriots had the refs on their side most of the game until it outcome was no longer in doubt and then the refs called a few on the Patriots to make it seem even. You could see that John Fox felt the same. The dubious calls cheapened the victory for me; I hate it when the gambling interests influence the game.

Man, your Jets got stomped today.

also - seemed like Eric Moore was pretty active and looked good in the 2nd half....

Welker, Gronk, Hernandez, impossible to stop all three!

Mccourty let up 1 catch all day, a busted play where Sergio Brown messed up. (no surprise)

While I think Brown is awful, I seriously doubt the plan was for him to cover two guys by himself. Someone else blew that and I'm guessing that someone is definitely McCourty.

Most of the money was on the Patriots covering, so wouldn't the 'gambling interest' dictate trying to make it a close game, so the Broncos got beat by less than the spread indicated and Vegas got the money? You don't even have any reasoning for the crap you're spewing.

Last edited:
I feel the opposite;

Exactly...

Oh and I forgot the "sack" by Dumervil... While I personally don't think that should be a penalty it clearly is. I however am prepared for "Classic Roger", and after fining Carter last week for a tackle slightly below the waist... I don't expect a fine in this case.

Welker, Gronk, Hernandez, impossible to stop all three!

Mccourty let up 1 catch all day, a busted play where Sergio Brown messed up. (no surprise)

Brown had two guys to cover. How's that gonna work? Once McCourty passed Decker off, what was he going to do? McCourty also looked really bad on Ball's TD run. Was busy wrestling with someone while the FB ran behind him.

dp184684.sJPG_900_540_0_95_1_50_50.sJPG

Guys Im confused on how to root for in Balt/SD game. We want Balt to lose b/c of #1 seed race BUT I'd rather have Balt get #1 seed over Pitt and I feel if Ravens lose tonight than Pitt will win division and thus top seed.

Thoughts?!

Brown had two guys to cover. How's that gonna work? Once McCourty passed Decker off, what was he going to do? McCourty also looked really bad on Ball's TD run. Was busy wrestling with someone while the FB ran behind him.

wow..great!!!!...nice@!!! hey..look at THIS!!!

499bb0_patsnew_12182011.jpg

McCourt certainly looked like he messed up the play.....It was his man which he released deep, then McCourt runs to inside coverage where there was no Denver receiver....

All year McCourt has been weak in coverage, hasn't played the ball at all, and his tackling has been horrible....

Offenses will certainly target him early and often...just watch the first playoff game!

I admitted to being wrong on the play to Dabruinz awhile ago geez guys lol.

Guys Im confused on how to root for in Balt/SD game. We want Balt to lose b/c of #1 seed race BUT I'd rather have Balt get #1 seed over Pitt and I feel if Ravens lose tonight than Pitt will win division and thus top seed.

Thoughts?!

Depends on what happens tomorrow night.

Most of the money was on the Patriots covering, so wouldn't the 'gambling interest' dictate trying to make it a close game, so the Broncos got beat by less than the spread indicated and Vegas got the money? You don't even have any reasoning for the crap you're spewing.

It does not matter where most of the money was; it only matters where the money is for the people fixing the game. Game manipulation is usually done with holding calls. Since holding happens on every play a few strategic calls can change the course of the game.

It sucked because the Patriots would have won without the dubious calls.

And no; I hate the Jets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back