PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The official Patriots vs Broncos POST game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Umm.. I hate Brown as much as the next person, but Sergio Brown didn't mess up on that play. Either McCourty or Nate Jones messed up because ONE of them needs to stay with their man. Brown can't cover both Eric Decker on the inside and Thomas on the Outside.

In all honesty, it looked like McCourty should have stayed with Thomas since Jones passed his man off to Brown in the Zone coverage.
It definitely looked to be McCourty who was at fault on replay of the play. He let Thomas continue expecting safety help over the top. I'd suggest it was a communication/assignment mix up.

They didn't dismantle anything. That first quarter was the real patriots and broncos. You don't lose your best pass rusher and BECOME better on defense.

The fact dawkins and willus didn't play shows a lot about that team. A healthy bronco team would have smashed the pats.

In your fantasy land, the Pats should get back Spikes and Chung...

so...this is what the pinheaded little fair weather CL's are going to use to denigrate THIS win .."nice win but FIRST QUARTER!!!!! BAD BAD BAD!!!!! EVERYTHING BAD!!! BELICHICK HAS TO GO!!!"....these crybaby morons know no limit to their incessant biatch crying...as soon as the game thread starts they come out of the woodwork, bawking their same tired azzed cluckerations like they do every single week...Patriots, division winners, win big in Denver...get it through your thick crybaby skulls...THAT is what happened...not "BUT FIRST QUARTER!!!!! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!"

Last edited:
O, that makes much more sense. After seeing the replay, Brown stayed with Decker, you're right. It's just so easy to attack Brown. :D

I know.. I hated seeing him out there too and I wanted to jump all over him on that play, but when I watched the replay it was clear that Jones or McCourty messed up. And, in all honesty, Brown's reaction sure made it look like it was McCourty who screwed up..

But, all in all, McCourty did play a very good game.

The Pats really need to move Arrington to the slot for 3rd downs and put Molden on the outside. Arrington is much better there.

Two thoughts re: STs

(1) I dub #11 Julian TACKLEman. :)

(2) Will Denver cancel the (Quan) Cosby Show? :D

The D worries me.

Credit to the OL. Aside from a few miscues i thought they did a good job.

I blame the 3 man rush as we were getting pressure and causing problems, but the replay clearly showed it was McCourty's fault for not running with the receiver.

Carter and Anderson will be the first Pats duo since 1985 (Tippett and Veris) to both hit double digit sacks when Anderson gets one more sack.

BS. If you are gonna pull that, then I can pull that a Healthy Pats team would dismantle the Broncos..

Sorry, but the Pats shut the Broncos down for the better part of 3 quarters. If you can't accept that, that is YOUR problem.

As for losing Carter, yes, the Pats lost him, but the Pats then changed how they were playing the defense and the defense played better. Again, that's a fact that you can't deny if you want to be taken seriously.

A healthy pats team still couldn't stop anyone. Did you miss how easy willus ran on this defense with little effort? McGahee had 7 carries for 70 yards LOLOLOLOLIOLOLO

They didn't dismantle anything. That first quarter was the real patriots and broncos. You don't lose your best pass rusher and BECOME better on defense.

The fact dawkins and willus didn't play shows a lot about that team. A healthy bronco team would have smashed the pats.

dream on troll.

Two thoughts re: STs

(1) I dub #11 Julian TACKLEman. :)

(2) Will Denver cancel the (Quan) Cosby Show? :D

I think it was Cancelled just after the Pats kicked in the 3rd quarter..

Re: The Official Pats vs. Donks Post-Game Thread

THIS IS WHY I DON'T THINK THE PATRIOTS CAN BEAT THIS BRONCO TEAM AGAIN. Willus got hurt and that team didn't look the same.
WiLLUS had his way with our defense and that should concern everyone her.

Nope. No way. Trolling by a novice troll.

Injuries don't get to count. You play with the people you have, and only true, spineless, no-account losers ever use injuries, or the refs, or anything else as an excuse for losing, or for winning, for that matter.

This is professional football, and if you are on the team, you are expected to be able to step up and play.

But just for ****s and grins, you might want to put down your crack pipe look at the lengthy list of New England's payers on IR and who didn't even make the flight to Denver.

Have a seat son, and I'll call a Waaahmbulance for you. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
A healthy pats team still couldn't stop anyone. Did you miss how easy willus ran on this defense with little effort? McGahee had 7 carries for 70 yards LOLOLOLOLIOLOLO

An unhealthy Pats team has topped 11 teams.

You're an idiot.

You defense Tebow the way the Pats used to defense Michael Vick when he was in Atlanta. You put a Spy on him.

The defense was too aggressive early on and it opened up way too many holes for the Broncos RBs and Tebow to run through. Once they stopped being too aggressive, they seemed to shut down the Broncos run except for the last one late in the 4th quarter where Tebow got away from the 5 rushers..

Denver scored 23 points, and Tebow accounted for 287 yards and 2 td. His last 5 pass attempts in garbage time were incomplete, so at one point, when it was still a game, he was 11-17 (64.7%), 194 yds, 11.4 ypa. It wasn't like they shut him down.

It's ironic....when they score 17 or less, Denver seems to win. Today they scored 23 and got destroyed. :rocker:

ban this ignorant, braindead idiot...it's what he wants

Tom Brady is awesome.

The defence sorted it out after that 1st quarter.

AFC East champs and in good position for a bye. How you like them apples?

A healthy Pats team would have Chung and Spikes back. So, McGahee wouldn't be getting those sorts of runs. That's what you seem to inept to be able to figure out.

Do yourself a favor and stop posting while you are so far behind. All you are doing is digging a deeper grave for yourself and proving to everyone that you lack the intelligence to have a legitimate conversation.

Jets looked great today...way better than the Pats ,right?....it's just those pesky final scores that have to gum everything up

ban this ignorant, braindead idiot...it's what he wants

I long for the old days when we attracted a much higher caliber of troll..... sigh.

The opening quarter reminded me of a nightmare from 2002. The Denver running game shocked me to the core with our inability to stop the run. Thankfully the defense adjusted and allowed 71 yards from the 2nd quarter 13 1/2 minute mark into the 4th quarter. As worrisome as that 1st qrtr was the defense actually played well today.

The offense put a lot of points up today against a very good Denver Defense. When Brady is on I don't think there is a defense in the NFL including Pittsbugh or Baltimore who can stop them. I'm starting to think this is not going to be a one and done team in the playoffs with a healthy Chung and Spikes.

Tim Tebow is very raw but very good. His best attribute is his composure, he just doesn't look rattled ever. No negative body language-Manning faces whatsoever. He needs help with his mechanics and reading ability but he at least seems to be learning as he goes unlike Gabbert. I think Elway could really work with this kid if he got off his arrogant ass and turn him into something special. I love his sportsmanship and how he checked on Carter to see if he was ok. If I were a Denver fan I'd be proud to have him to cheer on.

All in all you take out that dreadful first quarter and this was a great win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back