PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The official Patriots vs Broncos POST game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATSNUTme

Paranoid Homer ex-moderator
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Please post your POST game comments on this thread.

Another really good victory in a place the Patriots have had few. Patriots win-Jets lose- Giants lose- it's a beautiful day.

The defense drove me nuts in the 1st quarter but adjusted caused 2 turnovers which turned the game around. How do you really defense Tebow?

Shut out Gronk and we will give you Aaron.

Nice pancake block by Chad. OK, he got pancaked but he took two Broncos with him.

Jim Nance, STFU about sacks.! :mad:

For the 2nd straight week, the defense looked like utter garbage, BUT only gave up 7 pts in the second half.

how they do it, i have no idea, must be a higher power :D

The Official Pats vs. Donks Post-Game Thread

WOW.. talk about a tale of 2 quarters. The Donks shot their load in the 1st quarter and the Pats ran away with the game.

Some huge miscues by the Donks. 4 fumbles (2 forced) Dumb plays by Tebow (29 yard sack).

I think that once the Pats started using a delayed rush, it threw off Tebow's rhythm. Not to mention that the coverage seemed to get better, except for the one long pass to Thomas where McCourty or Jones blew the coverage and both pulled up short and left Decker and Thomas for Sergio Brown.

I don't expect Guyton back with the team next year. He just looks awful out there. Very little hustle.

Edelman continues to make football plays and so does Slater. They were on fire on special teams.

O played well but its up to the D as to how far we go in the playoffs.
If we can hold anyone under 20 pts, we can win em all!

Pats clinch East, win on the road, dismantle the Tebow myth, score 41 points, create 3 turnovers, just a great day!

Thank God this week is over. And I'm glad the Packers are bigger news than the Broncos for the first time this year...

The best part about today was that the Patriots wrapped up the AFC East. All I'd like to say is thankfully, the defense decided to turn up after the first 15.

Welker, Gronk, Hernandez, impossible to stop all three!

Mccourty let up 1 catch all day, a busted play where Sergio Brown messed up. (no surprise)

The Patriots consecutive game win streak is still alive with the Packers loss.:D

Last edited:
You defense Tebow the way the Pats used to defense Michael Vick when he was in Atlanta. You put a Spy on him.

The defense was too aggressive early on and it opened up way too many holes for the Broncos RBs and Tebow to run through. Once they stopped being too aggressive, they seemed to shut down the Broncos run except for the last one late in the 4th quarter where Tebow got away from the 5 rushers..

Stopped posting half way through the first quarter and the D improved.

Great turn around by the team.

Carters injury does not look good and please please please stop with the QB sneak .

PLEASE

The defense made some very nice adjustments, and came together for the last 3 quarters... they contained Tebow overall, fairly well... considering Carter, Chung and Spikes were not available..

Overall it was an excellent win, in a place where it has been tough for us to win...

Our Offense is incredible, and even though they initially neutralized Gronk and Welder, they could not shut the rest of the team.

BJGE sure handed, Ridley and Woodhead got some nice runs..

Great game plan, great win... a T-Shirt game..

Re: The Official Pats vs. Donks Post-Game Thread

I can't remember the last time the Pats run defense looked as bad as it did in the first quarter, but what a turn around

Last edited:
Pats clinch East, win on the road, dismantle the Tebow myth, score 41 points, create 3 turnovers, just a great day!

They didn't dismantle anything. That first quarter was the real patriots and broncos. You don't lose your best pass rusher and BECOME better on defense.

The fact dawkins and willus didn't play shows a lot about that team. A healthy bronco team would have smashed the pats.

Welker, Gronk, Hernandez, impossible to stop all three!

Mccourty let up 1 catch all day, a busted play where Sergio Brown messed up. (no surprise)

Umm.. I hate Brown as much as the next person, but Sergio Brown didn't mess up on that play. Either McCourty or Nate Jones messed up because ONE of them needs to stay with their man. Brown can't cover both Eric Decker on the inside and Thomas on the Outside.

In all honesty, it looked like McCourty should have stayed with Thomas since Jones passed his man off to Brown in the Zone coverage.

CAR > HOU
KC > GB
WAS > NYG
PHI > NYJ
NE > DEN

...only two more things can make this a better football weekend.

They didn't dismantle anything. That first quarter was the real patriots and broncos. You don't lose your best pass rusher and BECOME better on defense.

The fact dawkins and willus didn't play shows a lot about that team. A healthy bronco team would have smashed the pats.

BS. If you are gonna pull that, then I can pull that a Healthy Pats team would dismantle the Broncos..

Sorry, but the Pats shut the Broncos down for the better part of 3 quarters. If you can't accept that, that is YOUR problem.

As for losing Carter, yes, the Pats lost him, but the Pats then changed how they were playing the defense and the defense played better. Again, that's a fact that you can't deny if you want to be taken seriously.

Re: The Official Pats vs. Donks Post-Game Thread

I can't remember the last time the Pats run defense looked as bad as it did in the first quarter, but what a turn around

THIS IS WHY I DON'T THINK THE PATRIOTS CAN BEAT THIS BRONCO TEAM AGAIN. Willus got hurt and that team didn't look the same.
WiLLUS had his way with our defense and that should concern everyone her.

Umm.. I hate Brown as much as the next person, but Sergio Brown didn't mess up on that play. Either McCourty or Nate Jones messed up because ONE of them needs to stay with their man. Brown can't cover both Eric Decker on the inside and Thomas on the Outside.

In all honesty, it looked like McCourty should have stayed with Thomas since Jones passed his man off to Brown in the Zone coverage.

O, that makes much more sense. After seeing the replay, Brown stayed with Decker, you're right. It's just so easy to attack Brown. :D

No, they wouldn't have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots