PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The official Patriots vs Broncos game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brian Dawkins is out for Denver. That's very good news for Pats passing game.

Gronk should eat that secondary for brunch.

The patriots now have to destroy this team, I don't want this bronco team thinking they would have won if dawkin's was there. That kind of confidence can carry to a possible playoff rematch.

Last edited:
#51 will be spying on tebow.

Fortunately we don't have to look at the Tebows wearing these today:

slideshow_1370635_broncos.jpg

I am trying to remember what was the story behind those? Wasn't it that when the AFL started, all Denver could afford was used high school football uniforms that were being re-sold, or something like that?

Gronk should eat that secondary for brunch.

The patriots now have to destroy this team, I don't want this bronco team thinking they would have won if broncos was there. That kind of confidence can carry to a possible playoff rematch.

For what it's worth, Denver will be starting three rookies in their defensive backfield today.

Mallett and OL Nick McDonald are final two inactive players.

If McDonald is inactive that means Connolly is back, healthy enough to play center and Wendell is healthy enough to be the backup.

I am hoping to see Wendell in at center and Connolly the swing guard on run plays. There's no doubt our running game suffers from Connolly not being in there.

I'll be shocked if they use a spy.

Curious to know why you think so?

I was thinking about how they'd approach the option and the more I think about it, the more I think they'll stick to base and just maintain gap discipline; a simple solution to a complex problem. You'll recall that's how they defeated the Miami Wildcat the 2nd time around- simple gap discipline.

Curious to know why you think so?

I was thinking about how they'd approach the option and the more I think about it, the more I think they'll stick to base and just maintain gap discipline; a simple solution to a complex problem. You'll recall that's how they defeated the Miami Wildcat the 2nd time around- simple gap discipline.

That's exactly it- the option isn't defended by spying the QB, it's defended by fundamentally sound defense and forcing early decisions by the QB. The other thing they did in defending the wildcat was shifting the corners and safeties in man, as well as crashing the playside safety situationally. The Denver option is different than the wildcat, and they utilize different concepts. This option is beaten through fundamentally sound defense, as you said gap discipline, and by putting an extra defender in the box when they go with that bunch option look. I'm looking for a lot of zone coverage to keep linebackers facing the QB (as he needs to be gang tackled), to defeat their motion option looks, and to keep everyone at home in their misdirecton game.

I really, really like this matchup.

On an unrelated note, GB is down by two scores with less than five minutes in the game. I know they're high-powered, but that makes me feel good.

EDIT: Oh nevermind, they just made it a one score game.

Last edited:
For purposes of both wordplay and game outcome, I'm hoping to see some James Beheadtebow today :D

No undefeated season for GB!!!!!

Now back to the regularly scheduled game thread.

Last edited:
I'd also like to see Hoyer get to practice Tebowing in the last 2 minutes or so :D

Romeo Crennel is awesome.

I am in the one tiny portion of the country that doesn't get the Pats game. :(
Stoopid Raiders.

I'll be shocked if they use a spy.
i figured with tebow being such a threat to run it would be SOP. So why don't you think BB won't put a spy on tebow?

Some people have a lot more riding on this game than us mere fans. A Bengals fan on reddit made a bet that if the Pats lose to the Broncos, he will make a video of him drinking his own piss, complete with screen caps of him to prevent welshing on the bet.

Some people have a lot more riding on this game than us mere fans. A Bengals fan on reddit made a bet that if the Pats lose to the Broncos, he will make a video of him drinking his own piss, complete with screen caps of him to prevent welshing on the bet.

Maybe he does this regularly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back