PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The OFFICIAL Patriots vs Bills PostGame Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not like the D don't have a decent TE to practice against!

As for the win, painful to watch, very painful! But a win is a win!

No win is really "painful to watch."

If you want painful to watch, try being a Bills fan today.

McCourty had such an up & down game. He was beaten constantly but he also had those 2 big turnovers (Yes, the forced fumble was big because it took 2 minutes off of clock). I am intrigued to hear your guys' opinions on his performance.

can someone explain the last pats offensive play where he underthrew woodhead by like 5 yards, it looked like he had room to gain a few yards by running. sometimes i think brady is too cautious when scrambling.

Didn't the announcers say Woodhead had stepped out of bounds and the pass wouldn't have counted? Maybe Brady knew that, and no one else was open.

That's why they've lost three late close games and almost lost another today

They lost the Cardinals game because of a "hold".We lost the Seahawks game that was close thanks to awful defense on the final drive and then we won against the Jets that was a close game. I don't even want to talk about the joke that was the Ravens game :bricks:

Didn't the announcers say Woodhead had stepped out of bounds and the pass wouldn't have counted? Maybe Brady knew that, and no one else was open.

Yes Woodhead stepped out of bounds and the ref threw the flag in front of Woodhead. Brady probably saw it and knew.

Last edited:

ok didn't hear the announcers at the bar about woodhead, but it sure looked like brady could have tried to run it for a few yards.

McCourty had such an up & down game. He was beaten constantly but he also had those 2 big turnovers (Yes, the forced fumble was big because it took 2 minutes off of clock). I am intrigued to hear your guys' opinions on his performance.

I think that's a pretty fair assessment of it, actually.

Today showed exactly why BB gave up a fourth rounder for a CB who he didn't even get to interview. Yeah the defense was bad today, but you have to like the fact that BB did something fairly drastic at this point in the season to address the secondary issues.

Also, as much as i'm underwhelmed by Chung, I think his absence hurts the secondary more than it should, based on the lack of experience out there. He's the most experienced DB and, for better or worse, had been the one directing things out there. They need to get it together back there, and I think by the end of the year they will be good enough to not completely undermine the team.

Right. I wonder if he started throwing to Woodhead, realized he was not eligible to catch the ball, and adjusted mid-throw to throw the ball away.

he did step out of bounds..why he threw it into the ground

Again, I feel like Gregory really brought D-MAC down today. Did Wilson play today?? I would've rather had him in than Gregory.

I thought after London that Gronk was all the way back, but now I wonder. Seemed to disappear as a target. ANd ...did Shiancoe play at all?

Watching patriot games is like watching the pro bowl.

I thought after London that Gronk was all the way back, but now I wonder. Seemed to disappear as a target. ANd ...did Shiancoe play at all?

He just wasn't targeted much, it happens.

Spikes with another clutch forced fumble, dude is soooooooo clutch.

You can try and blame the players but this rush 4, soft zone for 75% of plays is just terrible

There is no pressure up the middle (Wilfork and Love have been awful) so to keep rushing the same four with no blitz, big linebackers who are dreadful in coverage and what is a poor secondary bar McCourty is just really poor coaching

I recall Wilfork having a sack and a forced fumble. After that he drew double teams the rest of the game. You can make the argument for Love having a bad game, but Wilfork played a fine game.

I have an honest question...after seeing that today, Talib should be plugged in as a starter on D, no question. But where does he go? I know Dennard had a mediocre (at best) game, but I think I'd rather leave him out there to learn. Arrington will never improve from what he is, I think he should be the one going to 3rd CB.

Why do we run a no huddle offense when we're trying to kill the clock? Josh McDaniels seems to have WTF moments every game.

When I coach my 8 to 9 year old flag football team, I emphasize QB pressure leads to bad throws and turnovers. Should I let Mike Patricia know this little nugget of information, because he doesn't seem to. And when we accidentally had our DL get near Fitzpatrick today he looked terrible. You'd think he'd have gotten the message by now.

At the end of the day, this win most likely won us the division so I'll take it. But our D still has a LONG way to go to get past whatever the first team we play in the playoffs is. I shudder to think of AJ Green against our secondary if we don't get a first round bye.

Because when we dont run the no huddle we go three and out, everyone was crying for them to keep running what worked for 3 1/2 quarters, it didnt pan out but they could have ran 3 times for probably a loss of yards and eaten more clock.
They got and have gotten burnt with blitzing, they can blitz every down, they'll look worse than they did.

Spikes with another clutch forced fumble, dude is soooooooo clutch.

Clutch roughing the passer penalty :mad: he should know better. Same with Mayo and hitting a player who was out of bounds.

One thing for certain, BB was also disgust at the D.

I'll believe this when he does something about it - call someone out, fire someone, cut someone, something.....anything besides his normal "we did some good, some not so good.....we still have work to do".....yada, yada, yada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots