PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The OFFICIAL Patriots vs Bills PostGame Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaBruinz

Pats, B's, Sox
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
OK. Please keep your rants to yourself. Focus on the facts of the game please. Give credit where it's due.

Enjoy..

THEY WON

There. No more saying that this was a "weak win" or that "this team is destined to fail." You would be wrong.

frustrating game

happy to get a win

The tackling today was some of the worst I've seen from this team in the BB era, that needs to improve.

The middle of the field is always wide open when we're in zone.

The offense yet again has an opportunity to ice the game and shoots themselves in the foot.

That said a win is a win, learn from it and move on to Indianapolis.

THEY WON

There. No more saying that this was a "weak win" or that "this team is destined to fail." You would be wrong.

Not all wins are created equal. This win shows the team still has the same deficiencies that have been detrimental to them winning another title in the last 6 years. It IS discouraging to see such a porous secondary put us on the edge of our seat once again. If you say you feel just as confident about this team's perspectives after this win as you did two Sundays ago against the Rams, you are probably lying to yourself.

It amazes me how many people assume late close games are automatic losses. More often than not this season, the Pats have gotten a clutch play right when they need one.

Patriots need to do something about opposing TEs running amok through their zone D.

The tackling today was some of the worst I've seen from this team in the BB era, that needs to improve.

The middle of the field is always wide open when we're in zone.

The offense yet again has an opportunity to ice the game and shoots themselves in the foot.

That said a win is a win, learn from it and move on to Indianapolis.

Tackling could have been better but CJ Spiller is quick and shifty, he makes people look stupid.

Fouts is an azzhat

Some people in this thread will also try to pin this one on the offense, so I'll just get ahead of them here and say that when you score 37 points, you should win the game. They had what? 2 drives in which they didn't score? They did their job.

Aquib better stay away from guns, pointy objects, women, anything that will get him in trouble.

Aqib Talib... We welcome you with open arms.

Not all wins are created equal. This win shows the team still has the same deficiencies that have been detrimental to them winning another title in the last 6 years. It IS discouraging to see such a porous secondary put us on the edge of our seat once again. If you say you feel just as confident about this team's perspectives after this win as you did two Sundays ago against the Rams, you are probably lying to yourself.

I do because they have a new cornerback coming aboard and last year they improved quite a bit in the second half, once Talibs here they may start to play better as a unit.

Very frustrating win. But a WIN. I'll take it.

Not feeling optimistic for the rest of the year with this D. Patricia? What, there wasn't a coordinator available named Sally? ;)

It amazes me how many people assume late close games are automatic losses. More often than not this season, the Pats have gotten a clutch play right when they need one.

They got a clutch play against the Jets and the Bills, and they let the other team march right down the field and score against the Ravens and Seahawks. I don't think it's unreasonable to expect that a team that has been moving the ball on you defense all game long will score when down 6 with 2 minutes to go.

I cannot wait for Hernandez to come back. Branch and Edelman are so bad. And Welker is right where he left off the last super bowl....dropping everything. So many drops today my gawd!

On the bright side, LOLphins got blown out and we're in full control of the division.

Offense PPG:

1 2007 New England Patriots 36.8
2 2011 Green Bay Packers 35.0
3 1998 Minnesota Vikings 34.8
4 2011 New Orleans Saints 34.2
5 2000 St. Louis Rams 33.8
5 1983 Washington Redskins 33.8
7 1967 Oakland Raiders 33.4
8 2012 New England Patriots 33.3
9 1999 St. Louis Rams 32.9
10 2004 Indianapolis Colts 32.6

How far will they climb?

Agreed mostly. However, this one really comes down to a Fitzpatrick anti-clutch moment rather than a clutch defensive moment, doesn't it?

I do because they have a new cornerback coming aboard and last year they improved quite a bit in the second half, once Talibs here they may start to play better as a unit.

But those are all circumstances that may or may not happen. Watching this game, if you were cool all the way thinking "don't worry, Talib will get here soon and the secondary will improve as the year goes on, I'm pretty sure", you might be a robot.

Rough day for the Lb's. Mayo, Spikes and Hightower all had a bad day at the office. Now having said that. Spikes at the end of games that are close is clutch. Popped the ball lose on Jackson(tho recovered by the bills)..

McC was huge. Two forced turnovers to stop 2 TD's.

I've been on McCourty's side all along this season. This game has to buy him some leeway from the haters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes